Hop To
Page 21 of 34 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 33 34
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
[
Quite correct, anti-white to the core of his Jew DNA.

That one you'll have to clarify...
edited to add: the shooter's name is Rittenhouse, so it fits smile

Not sure what there is to clarify, I was referring to (((Rosenbaum))).

Ergo ,my question..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Or I could ask people to substantiate their beliefs and learn a little along the way.

Open a Twitter account. You'll learn even more.

I dunno. Does it lend itself well to productive discussion? I rarely read anything without questions developing in my mind.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

... why I thought the one small person who rushed me unarmed represented a threat of death or grave bodily injury, I don't know how I'd answer that question.

"Because he had thrown something at me and was part of a mob."

Precisely because he was part of a mob. All he has to do is slow me down enough for more mob members to arrive so the grave bodily harm can commence.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mathman

... why I thought the one small person who rushed me unarmed represented a threat of death or grave bodily injury, I don't know how I'd answer that question.

Precisely because he was part of a mob. All he has to do is slow me down enough for more mob members to arrive so the grave bodily harm can commence.

Bingo!

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by hemiallen
The second and third shoots were clearly justifiable. How was the child molester still an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury after he threw the incendiary device?

Seriously

A guy is chasing you, probably yelling I'll kill you ( or shoot me nig ga). Then the guy throws either a brick or MTC at you, you are running away from him in fear of your life, most likely. You stop and turn to stand your ground and guy is still running at you.

You don't think shorty is a threat to kid? How does kid know shorty doesn't have a knife or handgun? Do you just stand there and wait for shorty to escalate and poke a hole in you before you can defend yourself?

You apparently haven't been in a fight other than with your cat, or you would realize things can go south fast. A guy chasing you is always a threat until he stops chasing you, and walks away. Let your guard down,and you might not see tomorrow.

I see lots of stupid folks on twitter posts, what handle do you go by?

The funniest I just read from the above posting link: It's all Trumps fault that he allowed the Corona to get here from China and the UK! Fug gin brain dead folks who hopefully can't figure out how to vote.

The kid's legal team with have to do much better than the above spew to establish specifically how the molester was an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury. Try again.

We're talking 179.9° obtuse here. About as obtuse as obtuse gets.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Or I could ask people to substantiate their beliefs and learn a little along the way.

I dunno. Does it lend itself well to productive discussion? I rarely read anything without questions developing in my mind.

This is a good example of your being a contrarian.

You just admitted that the link to Twitter provided information you didn't previously have, and in the next post you asked if there is any value in Twitter.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Vek

Paul's Brain:

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You just admitted that the link to Twitter provided information you didn't previously have, and in the next post you asked if there is any value in Twitter.

As usual, I gave some sage advise; "stop digging"...but on he goes

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman

And that's the way I view it. How does that play out in court though? I would assume something like this had played out in court before, but I can't dig up any case law.

Would it ever be legally permissible for a citizen to try to disarm a person he perceived as a threat? What about detaining the perceived threat until LE arrives? What might the members of the "mob" say if they were to testify?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Vek

Paul's Brain:

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Bwahahahaha! grin

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

And that's the way I view it. How does that play out in court though? I would assume something like this had played out in court before, but I can't dig up any case law.

You're not aware that context plays a role in determining whether a defender's perception of imminent threat of severe bodily harm was reasonable??? You need to get a refund from whatever law school you graduated from.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Would it ever be legally permissible for a citizen to try to disarm a person he perceived as a threat? What about detaining the perceived threat until LE arrives? What might the members of the "mob" say if they were to testify?

I don't know, Paul.

What do you think a prosecutor's witnesses are going to say?

Do you think they might try to dismantle the defense?

Can you cite any case law where this may have happened?

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Law abiding citizens that live in these Democrat run cities that are allowing BLM and Antifa to destroy their cities need to hire some Koreans from California to advise them on how to deal with rioters.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reading this thread, it reminds me that so many with no legal training think they have a handle on the legal issues at hand in a case like this and can spout off their reasoning as if they are a SCOTUS judge. There will be nothing simple about this case when it reaches the DA, and even more convoluted when and if it reaches the jury trial... you can bet the prosecutors will dig up every little bit of this young man's life to destroy him and some of it may even be true. All the "obvious" evidence in the video may or may not be allowed in the trial unless his lawyer has his [bleep] together and keeps it in play as long as possible...

The fact that Paul is questioning everything is exactly what I would want a good attorney to do. How else are you going to defend if you don't know and understand every last angle the prosecution will take so you are prepared to defend against their slander, or legal interpretation of the laws. Self defense laws are being twisted and misused all around this country these days, possibly in an effort to get rid of the 2nd Amendment, so don't expect attorneys in a liberal s#!t hole like this to quote them or even understand them correctly....

Okay, back to your usual bickering and untrained "expertise" fellas....

Last edited by Sheister; 08/27/20.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Once again your reading comprehension has failed you. I didn't ask if there was anything of value, I asked if there was any good discussion, adding that I almost always have questions.

Let's revisit my first contrarian salvo in this jewel of a train wreck.

"The second and third shoots were clearly justifiable. How was the child molester still an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury after he threw the incendiary device?"

How dare me right?

That question was almost completely neutral. If it leaned any way it leaned against the "molester."

After some usual foolishness on your part, you finally provided something of substance (the twitter link) that helped answer the question. Somebody else posted a video that helped answer the question. Amazing how many people can't or won't substantiate their beliefs or take offense to someone asking in a very neutral way. You'd think a forum full of guys who should know the value of being able to articulate reasons for using deadly force in self-defense could do better.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hemiallen
The second and third shoots were clearly justifiable. How was the child molester still an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury after he threw the incendiary device?

Seriously

A guy is chasing you, probably yelling I'll kill you ( or shoot me nig ga). Then the guy throws either a brick or MTC at you, you are running away from him in fear of your life, most likely. You stop and turn to stand your ground and guy is still running at you.

You don't think shorty is a threat to kid? How does kid know shorty doesn't have a knife or handgun? Do you just stand there and wait for shorty to escalate and poke a hole in you before you can defend yourself?

You apparently haven't been in a fight other than with your cat, or you would realize things can go south fast. A guy chasing you is always a threat until he stops chasing you, and walks away. Let your guard down,and you might not see tomorrow.

I see lots of stupid folks on twitter posts, what handle do you go by?

The funniest I just read from the above posting link: It's all Trumps fault that he allowed the Corona to get here from China and the UK! Fug gin brain dead folks who hopefully can't figure out how to vote.

To add to this. Guy is attacking you/running at you to attack you and you have a weapon.

I read that as:

1 - crazy as hell = imminent danger to me
2 - attacking me when he knows I am armed to take my weapon and use it on me
3 - attacking me when he knows I am armed because he too is armed
4 - attacking me when he knows I am armed because he intends to harm me before I can stop him with my weapon

Each and or any combination of those equates to a very serious situation and makes for a situation where the armed person is in fear for his safety, well-being/life and is absolutely in the right to shoot to defend himself.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Once again your reading comprehension has failed you. I didn't ask if there was anything of value, I asked if there was any good discussion, adding that I almost always have questions.

Let's revisit my first contrarian salvo in this jewel of a train wreck.

"The second and third shoots were clearly justifiable. How was the child molester still an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury after he threw the incendiary device?"

How dare me right?

That question was almost completely neutral. If it leaned any way it leaned against the "molester."

After some usual foolishness on your part, you finally provided something of substance (the twitter link) that helped answer the question. Somebody else posted a video that helped answer the question. Amazing how many people can't or won't substantiate their beliefs or take offense to someone asking in a very neutral way. You'd think a forum full of guys who should know the value of being able to articulate reasons for using deadly force in self-defense could do better.

I'm sorry.

Yes, Paul.

There are videos on Twitter that solicit discussion of a given issue.

I hope this response is helpful.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I question the authenticity of your curiosity if you hadn't already seen those videos when you asked your questions.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tarkio

To add to this. Guy is attacking you/running at you to attack you and you have a weapon.

I read that as:

1 - crazy as hell = imminent danger to me
2 - attacking me when he knows I am armed to take my weapon and use it on me
3 - attacking me when he knows I am armed because he too is armed
4 - attacking me when he knows I am armed because he intends to harm me before I can stop him with my weapon

Each and or any combination of those equates to a very serious situation and makes for a situation where the armed person is in fear for his safety, well-being/life and is absolutely in the right to shoot to defend himself.

The legal jargon is "totality of circumstances."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I question the authenticity of your curiosity if you hadn't already seen those videos when you asked your questions.

As you should.

Page 21 of 34 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 1badf350, 117LBS, 204guy, 1lessdog, 23 invisible), 2,179 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,796
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.