Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
2000 years ago old Paul the self appointed apostle advised folks about dealing with the police in Romans 13:4 "......be afraid, for he beareth not the sword in vain"

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Why blacks don't get this concept in this day and age, I don't understand.
Refer them fellers to the Chris Rock bit on how to not get your bass kicked.

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2plo4FOgIU

Last edited by prplbkrr; 09/03/20.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had "the talk" with my son and my nephews after one of my nephews tried to intervene in the arrest of his friend (DUI/DWI) when my nephew was a passenger and was home free if he had just kept his mouth shut and kept his seat. The deputies roughed him up, threw him down and cuffed him up and hauled him to jail. My brother and I went to see the prosecutor and asked that he be fined $100 and get a real ass chewing from the judge. I told them there was no way to win a fight with the police out on the roadside. I told them if they had a beef with the cops to wait until court day and tell the judge.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
Originally Posted by DaveR
Originally Posted by KFWA
I participate on another forum, has a couple of black guys and a handful of liberals who rant about Trump on a regular basis.

And I was talking about how profiling is an effective way of policing, and if you want the police to stop profiling you then you need to change the statistics.

So they respond about how its unfair that someone like Lebron James has to have "the talk" with his kids about police. And I respond that I had the same talk, and when a cop pulls me over I keep both hands on the steering wheel, if its at night I turn the dome light on in my car and I have my drivers license out, visible and ready to hand over to them. Now I understand not all people will do this, but my position is when you are pulled over by a cop, you are in a no leverage situation - and antagonizing the guy, or worse, you get the unhinged one that is looking for a confrontation is a potentially bad moment going really bad on you.

Anyways, they said I was full of schit, that white people really don't do that and I had no credibility, until 4 other white guys chimed in and said they put their hands on the steering wheel when they get pulled over by cops too.

At the end of the day, you don't screw around with a man who has a gun, a badge and a department that will stand behind him if he shoots your ass.

Why blacks don't get this concept in this day and age, I don't understand.

White people don't do that? Ha, Bullchit. I've had the talk with my son, wife, friends....anyone that matters.

Have your license, registration and insurance card readily available. When pulled over, roll down window, turn on dome light, retrieve documents, have them in your hand, and your hands on the wheel. Don't go reaching anywhere without first advising him and asking him "that's in my glove box, can I retrieve it" type of thing.

Best place to argue with LE is in the court room. Once his mind is made up to cite and / or arrest you, nothing you do (and especially not fighting and resisting arrest) is going to change that. Make your case in the courtroom. Alive. Not beat to a pulp (or dead) on the side of a road.

if you lick the cops boots it would even be better. it is plain to see the cowardice displayed by the modern fake right and the main reason the country is falling apart

I guess some people just want a beating to prove a point.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 26 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,457
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.