Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday all but threatened President Trump’s safety if he returns to New York City in a rant responding to an exclusive story by The Post that Trump is looking to pull federal funds from “lawless” cities including New York.

Cuomo called an emergency press briefing within a half-hour on Wednesday night to tear into Trump for the order, which cites New York’s rising murder rate and defunding of the NYPD.

“He better have an army if he thinks he’s gonna walk down the street in New York. New Yorkers don’t want to have anything to do with him,” the Democrat said, all but threatening the commander-in-chief.

But Cuomo — who, like Trump, hails from Queens — wasn’t done. “He can’t have enough bodyguards to walk through New York City, people don’t want to have anything to do with him.”

On substance, Cuomo said he doubted the legality of Trump’s five-page memo ordering a review of federal funds that can be redirected from New York City, Portland, Seattle and Washington, DC.

“It is more of the same from him. It’s political, it is gratuitous. And it’s illegal. But it is another attempt to kill New York City,” Cuomo said.

“President Ford said drop dead. President Trump has been actively trying to kill New York City since he’s been elected,” he said.

In highly personal and insulting language, Cuomo speculated that Trump wasn’t upset about New York’s soaring murder rate and shootings.

“I think it’s because he is from New York City and New York City rejected him, always,” Cuomo said. “He was dismissed as a clown in New York City, those who know him best, like him least.”

Cuomo jeered: “He was disrespected in New York City. Nobody took him seriously and he was just a tabloid cartoon.”

Referring to a claim in a recent book by Trump’s niece, Mary Trump, Cuomo said, “his sister, a former federal judge, is disgraced by him.”

The governor also claimed Trump’s “negligence” is the reason New York state suffered the highest COVID-19 death toll. The governor’s critics blame his Health Department’s mandate that forbade nursing homes from turning away COVID-19-positive patients, potentially leading to at least 6,500 deaths.
see also
Trump orders review to defund NYC, other 'anarchist' cities

At the end of his call, Cuomo, apparently sensing how his remarks about Trump could be seen as threatening, attempted to walk them back.

“My comment about the president and bodyguards in New York City, all I’m saying is that he is persona non grata in New York City. And I think he knows that. And he’ll never come back to New York, because New Yorkers will never forget how gratuitously mean he has been to New Yorkers and how many times he’s tried to kill the city that gave him his start and birthed him. That’s what I meant about the bodyguards.”

Earlier Wednesday, Trump called on CNN to fire Cuomo’s younger brother, Chris Cuomo, over a leaked tape in which he says he was questioned about sexual misconduct. “Fredo must go!” Trump wrote, using an insulting reference from “The Godfather.”

Meanwhile, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, who was twice mentioned by name in Trump’s order, had his press secretary, Bill Neidhardt, respond.

“As much as Donald Trump wants New York City to drop dead, we will never let this stand,” Neidhardt tweeted. “This has nothing to do with ‘law and order.’ This is a racist campaign stunt out of the Oval Office to attack millions of people of color.”

De Blasio himself made no statement.

Meanwhile, City Councilman Rory Lancman, chair of the Committee on the Justice System, said Trump’s order could unintentionally weaken public safety.

“I guess we know now which candidate for president supports defunding the police,” he quipped.

Rep. Max Rose, a Trump-targeted Democrat who represents Staten Island and southern Brooklyn, said, “With this order, President Trump is joining Mayor de Blasio in defunding the police. It was wrong then and it’s wrong now.”

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/cuomo-trump-better-have-an-army-to-protect-him-if-he-comes-to-nyc/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sounds like treason.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
He doesn't have room to talk about hate. Cuomo is hated all over upstate NY. New York City and it's liberal voters are like a big, oozing, puss filled boil on the rest of the state.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm betting trump will do nothing

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I thought "defunding" was all the rage these days?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
funny, Trump actually does have an army

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by KFWA
funny, Trump actually does have an army

yes an army just like him...all talk no action

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Upstate loves him, Trump I mean.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
yes an army just like him...all talk no action

Another troll joins in 2020. lol

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm astounded that Cuomo said this. The Left is really feeling their oats. They are completely embolden. I fear we are really close to Civil War when this sort of stuff is in the news.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Trump had ‘better have an army’ to protect him if he comes to NYC"

He does!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Trump should hold his next campaign rally in front of Cuomo's house!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If my dog was governor of New York, she wouldn't do anything at all. That would make her a better governor than Cuomo!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I'm astounded that Cuomo said this. The Left is really feeling their oats. They are completely embolden. I fear we are really close to Civil War when this sort of stuff is in the news.
Civil war would require at least two sides
willing to fight. We don't have that.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
He doesn't have room to talk about hate. Cuomo is hated all over upstate NY. New York City and it's liberal voters are like a big, oozing, puss filled boil on the rest of the state.

Same as Sacramento!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Civil war would require at least two sides
willing to fight. We don't have that.
How so?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by vapodog
If my dog was governor of New York, she wouldn't do anything at all. That would make her a better governor than Cuomo!
Honestly your dog would be a better politician than most at the Fed and state level in those circumstances. An added benefit is that your dog has to look better than Pelosi.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This has to be against the law.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
This has to be against the law.
It is for me or you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,628 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.