-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad to hear the young fella was found alive. The alternative would have been so tragic.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well maybe you should consider enjoying the next holiday without visitors, just a thought.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry ‘bout your elderly friend. Hope all of us reading this get to see at least 80. Glad your friends son is OK. Hope he evaluates his experience and it makes him wiser. I’m happy that his parents ended up getting good new regarding their son. Hope you and your loved ones get a lot of enjoyment from the boat.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by MikeReilly
Walking out at night with no shoes - that'd suck almost as much as being the parents wondering if he was alive or dead. At least it ended well. Sorry about your friend passing.

No doubt...Briars and rocks made for slow travels.

Guess we need to toughen up our feet like they do in Africa by walking barefoot everywhere.

😬😎

I'm barefoot a good part of the day Beav. Can walk out on the gravel driveway to dump the trash, out to the car to get stuff, out on the dirt yard to get wood, and all of that. The driveway is much better since I put 3/8" on top of the 3/4". But it's still not a pleasant walk.

Briars and rocks at night would suck. Bigly. Glad the dude is OK.

Sorry about the old guy.

G, you got Kevlar feet’s. Soles only for Beaver.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Walking out at night with no shoes - that'd suck almost as much as being the parents wondering if he was alive or dead. At least it ended well. Sorry about your friend passing.

Guess we need to toughen up our feet like they do in Africa by walking barefoot everywhere.

😬😎

My kid sister walked everywhere with out shoes.

I never did. Always had work boots on.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Beav. I'm so glad that the young man was eventually found. Great news during dark times for sure. Our son Zack was called in to work Saturday to search for a presumed drowning on the nearby creek. He was certified for rescue/recovery diving this year and this would be his first dive of this nature. He eventually located the 30 year old young man in the murky waters 22 feet deep and brought him to shore after they cleared the crowd away. He was located just a little upstream from the spot you killed your buck last year.

Some good news: Lots of deer sign down there right now. Got some nice pics of bucks outside the ears!

Hope all is well and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

Hank

Thanks Hank...You just couldn’t help feeling like dying on the inside for the mom and dad. The mom lost her mind in the unknown of what was going to be found.

Your boy Zack is a stud. You couldn’t pay me enough to do that dive.

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Sorry ‘bout your elderly friend. Hope all of us reading this get to see at least 80. Glad your friends son is OK. Hope he evaluates his experience and it makes him wiser. I’m happy that his parents ended up getting good new regarding their son. Hope you and your loved ones get a lot of enjoyment from the boat.

Thank you my friend....😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry you lost your Pal Beav, may he Rest in Peace.

PTL the boy is alright.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

😬😎

My kid sister walked everywhere with out shoes.

I never did. Always had work boots on.

I found out two years that 80 ain't so bad. More lonely.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never have and never will go without shoes. The skin on my feet is baby soft and would not last 5 minutes on any rough surface.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Sorry to hear about your friend but very glad to hear your friend's son is going to be OK.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Rough night for sure.

At least the 'young gun' will live to tell his story, and has gained valuable experience.

Yep. Don't take your shoes off if you're away from the house.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry to hear about your friend, Beave. But, glad the 24 yo made it out in one piece.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
sorry for your bad weekend beav glad the boy is ok .and the loss of a friend

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

JFC, what kind of crazy parasites do you all got in TN?

Thought that shît was only in the Congo jungles or in Renny’s unmowed back yard.

😎

Hookworms. Used to be all over the southeastern US, thrived in warmer climates. Supposedly spread by pigs and other animals that were turned loose in the woods to forage.

According to some theories they were responsible for the lazy southerner / hillbilly stereotype - 19th century southerners and appalachians were so eat up with hookworms that they were all chronically iron deficient.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Any rattlers along that river this time of year?

No on the Western side of the mountains where he was rafting....East side, you betcha. Buzz tails are everywhere.

😎

probably poison ivy instead. damned flip flops for rafting. look cool, but unplanned walks are a bear!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
🙏🙏🙏

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Appreciate the replies from all...Thanks!

Beave 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Glad they found the son.

Sorry to hear of your friend passing.

Crazy year... crazy

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by auk1124
Hookworms. Used to be all over the southeastern US, thrived in warmer climates. Supposedly spread by pigs and other animals that were turned loose in the woods to forage.

According to some theories they were responsible for the lazy southerner / hillbilly stereotype - 19th century southerners and appalachians were so eat up with hookworms that they were all chronically iron deficient.

The eggs in feces hatch out on the surface of the ground and the larvae wait to be stepped on by a bare foot. From there they migrate to the lungs, then up the esophagus to the throat, finally to the small intestine where they suck blood.

If the host is a breastfeeding woman, some of the eggs hatch without leaving the intestine and migrate to the mammary glands, infesting the infant through the mother’s milk.

Hookworms suppress the immune system, and go so far back in human history that some people have an overactive immune system to compensate, without hookworms they get an autoimmune condition called Crohne’s Disease. Give these people a hookworm and they’re fine.

Dunno the extent hillbillies were infested, but many slaves almost certainly were.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 09/07/20.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

327 members (163bc, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 32 invisible), 1,873 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,487
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.