Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by AZmark

But you gotta realize... at least half the people in the world have below average intelligence. That’s simple math.

Standing by............. smile

Happy to oblige. grin

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I used to work in an Amazon warehouse. It was filled with halfwits and Somalis, so yes, I have worked with some really dumb people. Our own department was pretty sharp, but we couldn't make up for the other departments led by halfwits and filled with the same.

If a half-wit works for a half-wit, which one is the quarter-wit?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I was watching the Kentucky Derby one year with a woman. “The” Derby race is the last race of the day. Many races run previous to “the Derby race”.
She sat through the whole TV broadcast and at the very end asked me “so where do they have this race”?

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Fenton
I was watching the Kentucky Derby one year with a woman. “The” Derby race is the last race of the day. Many races run previous to “the Derby race”.
She sat through the whole TV broadcast and at the very end asked me “so where do they have this race”?

Was she blonde?

Wifey hates blonde jokes!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
Last year I had a guy working for me that was retired coast guard. He couldn't tie a rope to a handle on a bucket. How does that happen?

Must have been an officer.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My grandfather used to say the only thing dumber than a human being was two of them in the same room at the same time. I have found that to be sound wisdom.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Dess
One idiot away from oblivion. Amazing we can fill up with gas without the place going up in smoke.

Huh?

I was getting fueled up at the Marathon gas and food ‘plaza’.

This ole leather-faced gal in her Marathon work shirt is changing what seems to be an empty trash can, she apparently is just going through the motions so she can justify being outside AND being able to get a smoke break in. Multitasking, bless her heart.

None of the trash cans had more than a couple of pop cans or cups in each. I counted about 8 trash cans around that gas mart.

So she is just really a chain smoker wasting barrel liners, my take. No doubt making a trash run every hour.

So she gets up by me, and I tell her to back off I’m pumping you can see, you got a lit cigg.

She says “oh hunn, its altight i been doing this a long time”

I pointed to several warnings posted by her employer about smoking and open flames and static. Jeeze. Just kept on

I went in to get a cold drink and told her co-worker, (another old hag)
She says “well....IT’S HER ONLY CHANCE TO SMOKE”

Mmmkay, bye

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We had a major cable cut right outside one of our central offices. Our second level manager was trying to make a name for herself and called a meeting with all the splicers and cable techs prior to commencement of work. Most people in the room had twenty or more years placing, fixing, and maintaining lines all day every day.

She told all of us she was going to supervise the how and in what order the work would proceed. Most of us were just sitting around waiting for her to shut up so we could start fixing lines.

Sensing our impatience, she said "I don't need anyone's help to to make me look stupid." My friend replied quickly and loudly enough for all to hear..."That's true, you don't need our help."

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Had a young guy on my crew who's family was moving to Washington state. He was quitting a week early to spend a few days at the Jersey shore because "there's no ocean in Washington state."

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Cue up the "Here's your sign" guy

Moe

"Pick out two!"
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
toolpusher on a job one time try to pull a piece of drill pipe out of a tool, he chained the tool to the frack tank then put a piece of chain on the pipe and tried pulling it apart with the forklift but the chain kept slipping off the tool which was smooth and round. i saw everyone gather around watching this then finally walk over and told him why don't you hook the tool on the other side of this pipe on the frac tank so it's braced against the pipe then pull the pipe out. lol, he was like why didn't I think of that. the pipe came out.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by hanco

Was she blonde?

Hanco,
Blonde she was...

Another time, on the 10 year anniversary date of the 9/11 attacks, we were watching the TV documentaries of that event. When the 2nd jet flew into the 2nd tower, she looks over at me with big eyes and says “there were 2 planes”?
I just looked away...dumbfounded.
Honestly, who in the whole world who had heard of the attack, would not know there was more than 1 plane?
And she’s an American gal 😳.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Yes, democrats in a union.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant

Was she blonde?

Hanco,
Blonde she was...

Another time, on the 10 year anniversary date of the 9/11 attacks, we were watching the TV documentaries of that event. When the 2nd jet flew into the 2nd tower, she looks over at me with big eyes and says “there were 2 planes”?
I just looked away...dumbfounded.
Honestly, who in the whole world who had heard of the attack, would not know there was more than 1 plane?
And she’s an American gal 😳.

Did you marry her???

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
another time guy I was working with wanted to bet on a fight that was going to be on HBO, I watched it live on pay for view the sat. before and I told him this but he wouldn't believe me, easiest hundred buts i ever made.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I’ve worked with some real winners. I freeze water bottles to keep my lunch cool. I had a black plumber ask me how I got that big piece of ice through that little hole. He was very serious, wasn’t fuucking with me.

I worked behind the gun counter of a sporting goods store back in the early 1980s. The other guy who was there working with me on this particular day was asked by a woman unfamiliar with firearms which gun she should purchase for home defense. He began singing the praises of a bolt action .30-06 rifle for that purpose. I could only listen for so long, and had to intervene. The guy was a recent transplant from California who had just started working there a few weeks earlier. Super dumb. Didn't last long.

Can you imagine if she had walked out of there with a bolt action .30-06 for home defense??

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AZmark
Yes. A bunch. I worked for a utility, started as an EE eventually became a division manager with about 110 working under me. I found that there’s a lot of just stupid people out there. And then there’s those that are just “dumb like a fox”

But you gotta realize... at least half the people in the world have below average intelligence. That’s simple math.

A lot of these idiots were engineers also.

I worked with a few engineers who were "conveniently stupid". They would come around and ask me things that they should know just because they were too lazy to do it themselves. I told one of them early on that I would put as much effort into this as you do.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I used to work in an Amazon warehouse. It was filled with halfwits and Somalis, so yes, I have worked with some really dumb people.

Our own department was pretty sharp, but we couldn't make up for the other departments led by halfwits and filled with the same.

They said the same thing.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My first real job out of college was at a well known financial services company in San Francisco. There was a really vocal minority of braindead people (the types that are social justice warriors today) and I had even less patience then than I lack now. After having to deal with these idiots for longer than I cared to, I told my boss (who is now my wife) that everyone should have to wear a patch that identifies their IQs, so I'd know up front whether it was even worthwhile to argue with them.

That idea didn't go over well at the time, but today, she agrees with my idea....

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A really olllld kitchen prank is to have The Chef (at a stressful point of peak business) send a rookie off running to the basement or dry storage or wherever, to secure him an immediately essential “#10 can of steam”... or, the “Parsley Curler”... or, the “Spaghetti Straightener” etc etc. Convincing and intimidating as the directive might seem, and even in the moment of urgency that it is given, it’s still amazing to me to have to send another cook after them some 30 minutes later when they have not been successful in finding it. Never gets old.

Last edited by Mr_Harry; 09/07/20.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

488 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,878 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,615
Posts18,473,942
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.