Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
RECALL NOTICE: ACCURATE 2520

Western Powders is issuing a recall of Accurate 2520 1 lb. bottles with lot number 0913192116. The lot number is stamped on the back of the bottle. This is a limited recall and ONLY applies to this lot number of Accurate 2520.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had some of the Accurate 4064 that was recalled.Let me tell you,it went from just having an acid smell with no affect in velocity or accuracy to a liquid visible on the outside of the container near the cap.I picked up the container,carried outside to dump the powder.When I removed the lid a cloud of reddish brown dust came out.After dumping it I watered it down.Then I went in the house and washed my hands.My fingers turned yellow from where I touched the outside of the container and would not wash off.I guess it was a chemical burn because it took about a week or so to clear up.I pulled the bullets on all the ammo I had loaded with that powder and it wasn't that bad,however the base of a few bullets did show some signs of corrosion beginning to form.The last time I went to the range I found a few cartridges I had missed.I decided to just go ahead and shoot them and get rid of them.I fired one round and when I ejected the case,it had an ejector stamp and slightly smeared headstamp.Wow very high pressure caused from the bad powder.I had that powder for about two years.It had always been kept indoors in a controlled environment.It always had a strong acid smell compared to other powders I have but worked real well in my 308 Win.When it went bad,it went real bad very quickly.I contacted Western Powders and they paid me well for all the recalled powder I had on hand. I think it was $35 a pound for one pound containers and $225 for eight pound containers.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Man, that's a shame. But after an experience like that, a person tends to take recalls more seriously!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is the base of a couple of bullets I pulled from some ammo I had loaded only about a month before that powder went bad.These bullets were Nosler CT Silver Ballistic Tips with the black coating.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Tag

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 28 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,501
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.