Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
GRIZZ Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Received a coupon a couple of years back for running a red light camera. Most of L A County has gotten rid of their red light cameras but not Orange County City of Los Amamitos. So rather than hand over up words of 600 I did a little research. The Company who manufactures these cameras is out of Tucson AZ so when it's my turn in front of the Judge I informed him of that fact and asked him how often do these folks drive out her from Tucson to calibrate these cameras. The judge replied "Excellent question you will receive my ruling in the mail". A couple of weeks later it was dismissed.

Coyotes shot no waiting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Received a coupon a couple of years back for running a red light camera. Most of L A County has gotten rid of their red light cameras but not Orange County City of Los Amamitos. So rather than hand over up words of 600 I did a little research. The Company who manufactures these cameras is out of Tucson AZ so when it's my turn in front of the Judge I informed him of that fact and asked him how often do these folks drive out her from Tucson to calibrate these cameras. The judge replied "Excellent question you will receive my ruling in the mail". A couple of weeks later it was dismissed.

grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pasadena installed them with much fanfare on a Monday. on Thursday the wife of a city councilman received a citation with picture in the mail. showed said city councilman with a nappy head in his lap. Camera's came down next monday!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Pasadena installed them with much fanfare on a Monday. on Thursday the wife of a city councilman received a citation with picture in the mail. showed said city councilman with a nappy head in his lap. Camera's came down next monday!

That’s funny

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
They are not enforceable in TN. We had a council member burn one that he received on a tv spot. He said he suggests everyone else do the same. Last one I got in the mail I told them to send it again by registered mail... they declined
I’ve heard they are an offshore outfit.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don’t like red light cameras.
But the real problem is people who run red lights. Stop running them and you want receive a ticket in the mail.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got a citation from one of those about 10 years ago in Rochester NY before they got rid of them. Light turned yellow as I entered the intersection and instantly turned red. I knew I was screwed. Cost me 50 bucks and I figured it would be too expensive & time consuming to fight it. A year later they got rid of 'em because some lights were malfunctioning and fast cycling due to some "glitch" in the system. Could have got my money back but I couldn't find the paper work. Strangely enough, none of those lights ever screwed up in the motorists favor by having a longer yellow light. Funny how those "glitches" work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They have nothing to do with safety. It’s just another revenue stream for the government using big brother technology administered under the false pretenses of being about safety.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Coworker got a picture of himself in the mail running a red light along with a substantial fine.

He sent in a picture of the money to pay the fine.

They sent back a picture of handcuffs. He paid the fine.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Those cameras aren't bulletproof. .30-06 black tip works particularly well, from a few hundred yards away.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
But the real problem is people who run red lights. Stop running them and you want receive a ticket in the mail.
Hasbeen

The desire is stop people from running red lights and causing accidents. Alas, in the typical way of unintended consequences in Baltimore side impact accidents are down and rear impacts are WAY up as people slam on the brakes to avoid the ticket.

Of course, a bunch of cities also shortened the yellows to bump up revenue and MD was forced to return them to recommended lengths to try and cut down on accidents. Legislation to lenghten yellow lights

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Hasbeen

Here a different angle: in Tacoma WA they go off if you are in the intersection when the light turns yellow. You can enter the intersection when it’s green and if the light changes, you get a $120 citation. Not necessarily running a red light.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep just follow the money.

It has been showed that they are the cause of more rear end wrecks.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Those cameras aren't bulletproof. .30-06 black tip works particularly well, from a few hundred yards away.

that has never been done in the free liberty beacon the US by the brave gun owners but the "cowardly" French destroyed 5 thousand of speed cameras during the yellow vest protest. Macron was real lucky COVERT-19 stopped those protests

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Good deal but tell the Fire guys you are from La and not LA or some will figure out that is in Ca and they will run yer sowwy azz off da Far fer bein a trator lak they did Salmonella, 'specially ifin u hav better trophies than them. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I got one a long time ago. Wasn't my truck. Wrong year model, color and license plate. I think their license plate had one or two digits different from mine. Pretty easy to nix. Whoever it was did a rolling stop right turn on red.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are in place in Raleigh NC and Greenville NC.
The WAYZ app on my phone notifies you of an upcoming monitored intersection.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Our town installed them and figured out that if they lengthened the yellow light, they could install a radar up there too and get you for speeding if they didn't get you for the red light. Sometimes they got both! Lots of points on your license, huge increase in your insurance.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our city had them for over five years. Wife got snagged. she was postive she did a full stop and demanded to see the video as the system recorded every infraction. Yup she rolled it Hollywood style. I never let her live it down

Some SJW outfit did a survey. "People of color" were impacted at a higher rate than Whites.

City dumped the system.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got one about 10 yrs ago. $50 fine. Company I worked for received it was driving their truck. It was a Friday quitting time, & I was tired. I nearly ran a guy over on a motorcycle. I was pissed that he pulled out in front of me. Got the ticket following week,& saw what I did. Moral of the story is don't run red lights.

Romans 5:1
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,244
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.