Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ted Cruz,Tom Cotton,Josh Hawley included in that list.

This should have the Demonrats and their apparatchiks in the "fake news" spewing their bile until after the election.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced his updated list of conservative candidates he would nominate to the Supreme Court if re-elected as president.

“Every one of these individuals will ensure equal justice, equal treatment, and equal rights for citizens of every race, color, religion, and creed,” Trump said in an appearance at the White House.

The list was comprised of 20 names and included political figures such as newly elected Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron, as well as Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX), Tom Cotton (R-AR), and Josh Hawley (R-MO).

“Together we will defend our righteous heritage and preserve our magnificent American way of life,” he said.

The president is unlikely to nominate a political senator to the court, but including their names gives his supporters an idea of his commitment to conservative legal minds.

The president repeated that Judge Amy Coney Barrett of Indiana of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit was still on the list, widely considered by conservatives to be a top candidate.

Trump warned that if former Vice President Joe Biden was elected, he would empower the radical left to put activist judges on the Court.

“In the recent past many of our most treasured freedoms – including religious liberty, free speech, and right to keep and bear arms – have been saved by a single vote on the United States Supreme Court,” he said.

In 2016, the president released a list of Supreme Court candidates when he was first running for president. He updated the list in November 2017 to included Judge Brett Kavanaugh, whom he ultimately nominated to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy.

The president announced in June that he would update the list of conservative potential Supreme Court justices, citing disappointment with some of the court’s decisions upholding former President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) amnesty, defunding Sanctuary Cities, and directing the Census to ask about citizenship.

The president’s lists of candidates were wildly popular with conservative legal groups, some of who had reservations about Trump’s judgment to pick Constitutional originalists in the same legal vein as Justice Antonin Scalia.

Here are the additional names that President Trump added to the list via the president’s campaign:

Bridget Bade, Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Daniel Cameron, 51st Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Kentucky
Tom Cotton, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Paul Clement, partner with Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Ted Cruz, U.S. Senator from Texas
Stuart Kyle Duncan, Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Steven Engel, Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel of the U.S. Department of Justice
Noel Francisco, former Solicitor General of the United States
Josh Hawley, U.S. Senator from Missouri
James Ho, Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Gregory Katsas, Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Barbara Lagoa, Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Christopher Landau, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the United Mexican States
Carlos Muñiz, Justice on the Supreme Court of Florida
Martha Pacold, Judge on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Peter Phipps, Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Sarah Pitlyk, Judge on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Allison Jones Rushing, Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Kate Todd, Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy Counsel to the President
Lawrence VanDyke, Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ed-cruz-tom-cotton-josh-hawley-included/

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I like Hawley. I'd support his pick if my vote mattered.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I love it when our POTUS makes Libertard heads explode!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'd love to see Cruz on the Supreme Court.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to see Trump nominate a gun-owner/hunter. Surely there's a few federal judges or other government attorneys who hunt??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Need Josh Hawley for the next presidential run in 4 more years. He is a rising star.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd like to see Mike Lee on the list.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Sounds like a mouthful of Pop Rocks!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Sounds like a mouthful of Pop Rocks!!

LOL

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is the most important issue in our senate elections and the presidential election. If Biden or Harris gets to make the choice it will be the odious Barack Obama. Book it. We have to stop that.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great place for Cruz. The Senate would have a tough time torpedoing him. If they did, Cruz could stay in the Senate and screw them back.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The tribe appears under represented here.

What gives?

Steven Engel, Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel of the U.S. Department of Justice
Gregory Katsas, Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Christopher Landau, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the United Mexican States
Martha Pacold, Judge on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Sarah Pitlyk, Judge on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Allison Jones Rushing, Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Kate Todd, Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy Counsel to the President

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If Cotton could avoid the SCOTUS long enough for a presidential run that would be nice. He and Tim Scott would be a good duo.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is great news.

I see that Hiden Biden hasn't release his handlers picks for their dream team.Their list is most likely so radical that only hard core Commies could agree with it.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
this is great news. we need more fake conservatives to vote with the white hating communist sodomites in SC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by add

What gives?

Well, SCOTUS is exclusively Tribe & Roman. I bet many on the list are Roman. Protestants need not apply in most circumstances.
I'd also like to see folks NOT from the ivies.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It`s waste to put congress critters on the list. They can`t enrich themselves through back door deals as a SCOTUS like they can being a congress critter.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SCRUBS
It`s waste to put congress critters on the list. They can`t enrich themselves through back door deals as a SCOTUS like they can being a congress critter.

Ted Cruz has a net worth of 70 million.He and his wife created their wealth while in the private sector.

Not only is he wealthy but he graduated at the top of his class at Harvard Law School and was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review.Professor Alan Dershowitz stated, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant".

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by add

What gives?

Well, SCOTUS is exclusively Tribe & Roman. I bet many on the list are Roman. Protestants need not apply in most circumstances.
I'd also like to see folks NOT from the ivies.

Specifically, Jesuits the original communists.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Cruz or Cotton would be a fine choice on the SCOTUS, in my opinion. However, depending on the number of R senators after the election, neither might be a good move. I am not familiar with the Arkansas political situation, but if Cruz should vacate his seat as senator, we might have a serious problem in Texas and therefore the U.S. Senate. In the last election two years ago, I am sorry to say that damned fool "Beto" O'Roark - a radical DemocRat - came pretty close to defeating Cruz for the senate. He might very well take the seat if given another chance. Our other senator is John Cornyn who is a RINO and, in my opinion a political POS. I think he will be up for reelection in two years, but I may be wrong on that. I will GLADLY support any reasonable Republican challenger to Cornyn. Having said that, I will very grudgingly vote for Cornyn over any DemonRat. So you see it is going to depend a lot on how the senate is situated after this election if we can afford to sacrifice a Republican senator. Don't misunderstand me, I think either Cruz or Cotton would be very good to have on the SCOTUS. We just have to be careful not to shoot ourselves in the foot to put either of them there.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (260Remguy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 41rem, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 37 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,027
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.