Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
It would probably be easier to e-mail her at this point, as I suggested to RevMike (who had, by the way, already pre-ordered): riflesandrecipesgmail.com.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Looking forward to getting it. I finished Steve's book already, but it's in a handy spot for further reference, as are GGI & II.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
V
V
Great, looks like I'll be adding GG3 to go with number one and two that I already have!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
COOL - I get to speak with your bride, yet again!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Also, Eileen set up the website at least a couple weeks ago to be able to pre-order GG3. Go to the home page and you'll see the cover of the book on the upper left-hand side. Click on that and follow the prompts to order.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I preordered the gun gack 3 through the website a couple weeks ago. If anyone hasn't yet I would strongly recommend it . I also got the shotguns for wingshooting which I really enjoyed. The day after I finished shotguns I found askins the American shotgun and shotguns by Keith on the clearance rack at the local used book store. I'm taking finding those and your sale on bird hunting books as a sign from above that it's intended that I buy a new shotgun.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
It turns out the printer's hopes of getting them to us last week were optimistic--but they just confirmed they're being printed and packaged, and will be shipped by the end of this week. They should show up here (and be mailed to those who pre-ordered) by around the middle of next week.

John, I think I've figured out none of your books are available in softcopy through Kindle, Nook, Play, etc. Tell me, if that's wrong but...

If true, you might consider adding that route to your distribution system. I have no clue what costs might be, and how that might affect your returns.

I suspect you might find a sizeable niche market in those of us who can't always easily deal with hardcopy books (e.g., while traveling and so forth), and especially those of us who might be approaching our "final downsizing" -- but who still have at least one foot out and can still enjoy a good read... in large (customizable) type sizes.

Regards, -Chris

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Just ordered it. I will add it to the first two GG

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just ordered my copy

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Ranger4444,

Thanks for your suggestion, but we did some research into e-books some years ago, which has been discussed before on this forum. There are two ways to do it, but one can be easily pirated. The more secure option often results in garbled numbers, and most of our books involve reloading data or wild game recipes, that's not an option either. Sorry!

John Steinbeck
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ah. Didn't realize there were still technical issues like that. Too bad.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers, -Chris

Last edited by Ranger4444; 09/12/20.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Like a lot of Loonies, our MD hasn’t embraced current technology completely. 🥴

Quite understandable really, given his historical ramblings introducing the topic ,
and putting the subject into contextual focus.
Setting the stage as it were. I don’t find it tedious now that I’ve come to expect some historical coddling.

Will G3 be the same size ( & mass) as it’s predecessors ?

Is there a sneak preview of the Table of Contents to entice us ?

So many questions ...
😏

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Good news.

I blew through GG2 and Obsessions entirely too quickly. Fortunately, my old brain will probably soon lose enough of what was banked that they'll be fresh reads again in short order.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Like a lot of Loonies, our MD hasn’t embraced current technology completely. 🥴

Quite understandable really, given his historical ramblings introducing the topic ,
and putting the subject into contextual focus.
Setting the stage as it were. I don’t find it tedious now that I’ve come to expect some historical coddling.

Will G3 be the same size ( & mass) as it’s predecessors ?

Is there a sneak preview of the Table of Contents to entice us ?

So many questions ...
😏

Go to the website's home page, and you'll see GG3's cover on the left side. Underneath the photo and price info, there are two options: Add To Cart, or Show Details.

Click on Show Details, and scroll down. You'll see a prompt for the Table of Contents. Click on it.

GG3 doesn't have quite the same "mass" as the previous two Gun Gacks. If I recall correctly it has around 380 pages, and the first two have around 430. But the number of words is about the same, around 105,000, because the final section of the book ("Questions From The Campfire") doesn't have many photos.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I like this new feature on your website. Thanks for once again pointing me in the right direction.
Looking at the TOCs of the previous Gacks and Obsessions, makes me realize there’s lots to go back and review in anticipation.

Thanks

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
You're welcome!

I would also suggest that the "gun gack" content of this one might be even denser than the previous two, partly because of the Campfire questions. (Eileen tends to call it something other than gun gack privately, but then I point out that SHE came up with the idea of calling them Gun Gack books in the first place, after a term originated by our friend Mark Dobrenski, who used to post here.)

John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
“Even Denser” ! Eileen May be right 😏

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,653
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.