Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Last winter I took a chance and bought a 5 pack of these lights on Amazon for $15. They turned out to be much better than I'd expected. They're heavy aluminum, 1 AA battery, adjust from flood to spot. 3 settings - bright, dim, strobe. The dim isn't much dimmer than bright. Under 4" long. I can't suggest them for a primary light but for extras to have in a pocket or pack, lying around home or camp, or in a car, you can't beat them, especially at only $3 each. I have one in each 1st Aid kit. They're a nice size when you need to hold one in your mouth, too. Sure they're Chinese but what isn't? I can't see how they can make and ship them for that price. LIGHTS

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A cheap light that works is far better than an expensive one that doesn't work when you want it to because it got pissed off at you for ignoring it and decided to get back at you by corroding the batteries (IE Maglite).

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 5sdad
A cheap light that works is far better than an expensive one that doesn't work when you want it to because it got pissed off at you for ignoring it and decided to get back at you by corroding the batteries (IE Maglite).

BTDT

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have several lights that wont work any more from corrosin and every one had duracell batt in them. I pulled all 10 of my game cams last year due to clear cutting and 5 are toast from duracell batts. Before we go on a track at night I always have 2 get me out of the woods lights just in case, I will deff look at getting those,light is a good thing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by leesway2
I have several lights that wont work any more from corrosin and every one had duracell batt in them. I pulled all 10 of my game cams last year due to clear cutting and 5 are toast from duracell batts. Before we go on a track at night I always have 2 get me out of the woods lights just in case, I will deff look at getting those,light is a good thing.

Energizer Lithiums are sealed better and usually are way less prone to all that aluminum corrosion on these lights.

Keeping lithium batts in a couple el cheapo flashlights might be a decent recipe for reliability, sounds contradictory but...myself I am done buying good lights. I either lose them, get smashed or the crappy battery deal.

Energizer lithiums or duracell procell. Although I lean more back towards the energizers. I have not had a procell leak.

Rayovac are garbage, I have had them leak inside the unopened package still 2 years under the expiration date.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will never put an alkaline battery in anything ever again.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulbhead-Atomic-Beam-Tactical-Flashlight-with-Cree-LEDs-Shock-Water-Resistant/224099965639?hash=item342d661ac7:g:sSYAAOSwfkxeZFvQ&redirect=mobile

Crap. Just ebay bulbhead atomic beam flashlight. 5 functions including off. 12 to 20 bucks.

Here you go. Take the 3 battery cradle out and replace it with one of those single 1850 or WTF ever single rechargeable batterys and burn Antifa pukes eyes out.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/14/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by leesway2

If you send Duracell a letter or email about corroded batteries they will not only send you fresh batteries they will also reimburse you the cost of the light as a store credit... gift card at Home Depot or Walmart I think...

I say I think because it's been over a year since I got a credit for one. Pretty sure it was a Home Depot credit but I could be mistaken. It's not worth it with a cheap light, but if you have a fouled up Maglite you might get $25 towards something else.

Last edited by CashisKing; 09/14/20. Reason: Added more info

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yea the energizer are what I am going to use this year and see what happens. Its got to be better than what I had.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Just recently had a real good LED flashlight get totally ruined by Duracell "Copper Top" batteries.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Interesting thread. The only batteries I've ever had leak are energizers- two incidences. Duracell has never been an issue. Energizer did reimburse me for tbe leakage. One was a high dollar black diamond headlamp.

As to lights, I have an Ozark Trail torch from the Walmart that has been outstanding. Don't remember the price, but it was cheap. It lives in the side tool pocket of my Carhartts.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve had better luck out of Duracell than anything. I have a electronic locking safe that says use ONLY Duracell 9v batteries, and they mean it. It won’t run on brand new energizers but runs over a year on the Duracell. Go figure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a great deal.
Always good to have back ups or extras to share.

I've been surprised at how many batteries that I've had leak. Even name brand in the package and under expiration. All brands. But some better shelf life than others. 123s, what are those, lithiums? Best for storage, but costly for big draw daily drivers.
My problem is that when there's been a sale, I stock up so there's a reserve when I need them. They are put in the closet. When I need them, they have leaked and even with the receipt there with them, its past the 30 day return date.

Rechargeables that are quality seem ok.
For experts on the subject, there's a Candlepower forum on everything flashlight.....mods. Sources of cheap batteries and reviews.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Surefire G2X.

Thank me Later.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I picked up one of these rechargeable LED flashlights a couple of weeks ago on clearance for $10 at Walmart. Besides a flashlight it can used to recharge cell phones, tablets, etc. So far -- so good...

https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Flashlight-Rechargeable-Waterproof-Emergency/dp/B07NJJ4RG3

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Surefire G2X.

Thank me Later.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've got one G2x Pro with dual output 600 lumen Max, and one G2X Tactical single output 600 lumen Max (I believe).

I'm a flashlight nerd and these are awesome flashlights. I use them all the time and probably dropped the first one 5 or 6 times.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like a Fenix that takes a single AAA disposable battery. It will run the 1.5 Volt battery all the way down to 1.0 Volt getting all the energy possible.

Single AAA batteries are going to leak if you leave them long enough.... so a new flashlight ever year or two.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flashlights are amazing anymore.

Both just how good cheap ones are compared to older more expensive ones.

And, just how much they charge for today's "more expensive" ones.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I stick with Surefire, Fenix or Streamlight. I really like those 18650 batteries, but still use a lot of CR 123 also.

Sam......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 13 invisible), 1,204 guests, and 693 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,685
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.