Campfire Tracker
F
I was talking about grade school.....not high school

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Montanner.

Biggest move I ever made was from the orphanage/foster home to here.

I guess I am content!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by fester
I was talking about grade school.....not high school

Chinook Public Grade Schools.

Also in Montanner.

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Me too.....

Montaner

🍻

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Uhhhh Northern California er.... now🍻

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I was kicked out of third grade for the year, suspended for 3 days or more in 7th, 8th, 10th and 12th.

Hehehe....in other words.......you got held back in the 2nd??

Nope dad called in a favor or two and got me put in a special class for kids with "behavioral problems " in a different school.

The kicking out involved a baseball sized spitwad and a teacher's forehead....... grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Suspended for 3 days my senior year of high school for telling a teacher he was acting like a dick, which he was. He was the girls volleyball coach and I'm pretty sure he was gay.

G23

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
use to skip my my class after lunch and go sit in the asst. principle's office, and dip Copenhagen with him.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I was kicked out of third grade for the year, suspended for 3 days or more in 7th, 8th, 10th and 12th.

Hehehe....in other words.......you got held back in the 2nd??

Nope dad called in a favor or two and got me put in a special class for kids with "behavioral problems " in a different school.

The kicking out involved a baseball sized spitwad and a teacher's forehead....... grin

I always knew you were a renegade ! grin

Lynn

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Not expelled nor suspended. Ended many fights.

No discipline ... even after I used a hymnal to beat the tar out of the cops punk kid who tried to use his dads occupation as a threat.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by G23
Suspended for 3 days my senior year of high school for telling a teacher he was acting like a dick, which he was. He was the girls volleyball coach and I'm pretty sure he was gay.

G23

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Little Beaver school, on Divide Creek, 1 teacher, 9 Students 1st to 6th grade, then we had to go to town to the big school , 7th thru 12th grade, 45 miles each way on the school bus, if the county plowed the snow off the road, if not no school.

Rio7

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Never. Might have had a dozen swats but no suspensions. We got swats in shop classes for safety violations. PE for not dressing out or not showering after class. No parents were ever notified. I don't recall the vice principal ever swatting anyone. My high school had a smoking area and I would sometimes see a teach out there bumming a smoke from a student. I saw the boys principal out there smoking a couple times.
Got my kids kicked out when I turned them loose on a bully in 8th grade. I asked the principal to make it stop. He thought maybe my son had something to do with it. I told Matt to wait in his last class of the day and his brothers to walk out with him. They walk out and there's the bully, too stupid to think about the two larger brothers with him and to keep his mouth shut. So I'm picking them up from school that day and they come running to the car. I asked what happened and they told the story and left it with the kid crying when they were done. It's kind of funny that Matts twin Jon has always had a real strong sense of right and wrong so beating on that kid was appropriate. The younger brother was a handful, still is but he just thought the beat down was kind of funny. I think we went dirt bike riding on their day off.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I got suspended from Catholic school once, can’t even remember the charge.

In my school, students got Infractions for minor things like tipping back in a chair. Five Infractions equaled a Demerit or you could also just get a Demerit for certain things, all of which the accuser got to determine. 25 Demerits (125 Infractions) and you got expelled. With three months left in the 7th grade, I had 123 infractions and was tracking hard to get the rest within a couple of weeks.

In those days in Oklahoma, when a contractor built a subdivision, they built a little shack to use for an office until the construction was done. Then they drywalled it and it became the sales office. When they sold all of the houses, they’d pick up the shack on a fork lift, put it on a truck, and haul it to the dump. A parent donated one of these shacks to the school to become a Reading Center. Long story short, I moved into the Reading Center where I couldn’t get any more infractions. I’d do my school work and homework, which took a couple of hours without the distraction of the faculty, then I’d spend the rest of the day mowing yards and doing other [bleep] work.

The next year when we all came back, you could only get five Demerits before getting canned. Not sure how I made it but I did.

High school was worse, but that’s another thread.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Nope; Did get detention my senior year for fighting. It was a long simmering feud with the class a**hole and
bully. Involved a pretty brunette I asked to the spring dance. He hit me in face with a ruler. It made me mad.
I went over the desk, knocked out his upper front teeth. The coach was the teacher and hadn't arrived at
the class room yet, my buddy jumped up and held the door so we finished. Coach owed me a favor as he
was new in town. He had just moved up from Boston and was a first yr teacher. Had tried to fit in with us
farm boys and had gone coon hunting with my uncles. Seemed he had too much cider and fell out of tree
while trying to shake out the treed coon and dislocated his shoulder. I never told anyone and he appreciated
it. He was walking me to the office and told me to wait outside and he would take care off it. Rule was a
week suspension for fighting and he got it reduced to the suspension.
I saw the classmate a few years ago at a funeral, he was in early stages of dementia, I felt really bad.
However not that bad as after college and the service I came back and married the brunette. She told me
he had asked her out repeatedly, but she waited. 48 years later and we are going to our sons wedding
next month in Denver.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not kicked out, I got to stay after in Kindergarten. We were doing the handprint in plaster of Paris in the old coffee can lids. I was one of the first to go into the back room where they did the prints. None of us five year old's knew what was going on.

When came back to the main room, I told them they put my hand in, (barnyard expression). That must not have been the correct thing to say! laugh laugh

Did that make me a JD at a tender age?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Not kicked out, I got to stay after in Kindergarten. We were doing the handprint in plaster of Paris in the old coffee can lids. I was one of the first to go into the back room where they did the prints. None of us five year old's knew what was going on.

When came back to the main room, I told them they put my hand in, (barnyard expression). That must not have been the correct thing to say! laugh laugh

Did that make me a JD at a tender age?

Just be glad you didn't end up in Reform School you rabble rouser you.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by G23

G23

You just reminded me of another trip to see Mr McGarvey.

We had study hall in our school, a period that could be used to fill in between actual classes when one's schedule was such that there was a break between "real" classes. Or one could be sent there if one was just "excused" from their other class for the day (yep, that happened to me ) Most folks used it to maybe get some homework done so they didn't have to do it at home. Or they screwed around doing whatever they could get away with.

I was sitting on the back of the desk seat or leaning on the one across the aisle from a girl I knew. Don't think the teacher was in when I started, I might have gotten there a bit early between bells. No matter, the dude shows up, makes a snide comment about how I was sitting, I looked at him, looked back at the gal I was talking to (might have been another friend or two in the area) and I said to the study hall teacher "What's the matter, you didn't get any last night"

Immediate "Get to the office now" from him.

McGarvey likely said " Smoking again?' I might have gotten a chuckle out of him when I told what did occur.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was going to post that i was scared to death of my patents, and
never formally punished in school.

Then I read the thread.
Grades 1,2,3 I got my ass beat by the teacher.
Gym, and music teachers too.

2nd grade I took a Chinese burglar alarm firework to school.
My best friend set it off, in class.

I think the principal felt bad for us, my dad had died, so instead of
formal stuff he called Mom. That ended up with a few busted switches.

4th was taught by the next door (1/2 mile away) neighbor lady and friend of mom.
Mrs. Barkley liked me, but I knew she didn't take any crap.
And if I caused her trouble mom would beat me raw.
That was the last year for paddleings.

7th grade English mid marking period failure warnings came out.
I had a 37% and was at risk of failing.
Mom had gotten the mail, and was waiting.
She handed me a knife and sent me to the crick to cut switches.
When I got back, she sent me to the basement, ordered my to strip to my
underwater, and she destroyed those switches.

End of term, Mr. Shank called us up to show us our grade.
He look at me and said "You have a 74%. That's a C.
Considering you grade at midterm, it's a miracle.
I would have thought it impossible to for you to get a C.
I have sent hundreds of failure notices out, and never seen
one have such an effect."

Hell, she beat me bloody over a chance of failing,
I was terrified to actually get an F.

My junior year, I threw a whole sheet soggy softball at a friend.
He ducked, and it went to the front window, splattered and stuck.
The buses driver left it there for days.
Finally, a little prissy brat squealed on me.
Had to ride in the front all year.

Funny, I got sent to the office about once a year.
They would pull my file, see no reports, and let me go
due to a good record.

Lucky I guess.
No detention, suspension, nothing.
And as I type, more and more thing pop up.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,746 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,900
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.