Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Two sisters. One 3 1/2 hrs away. We get together two or three times a year. Wife's brother lives close to there, so we see him also. Other sister lives in Kansas. I live in SC. We get together every couple of years but email and talk often. Son and daughter from last marriage live close and see them all the time. Son and daughter from first marriage live close, but haven't see or talked to that daughter since 2003 and haven't seen or talked to that son longer than that. First wife did a job on them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No one's disowned in my family yet, they are all pretty tight, I'm the only one who lives far away. Most all my annual vacation trips over the last 35 years have been to visit them and my parents. About fifteen years back my sister's husband left her for his pregnant girlfriend leaving her and their three kids. Best thing he ever did, it let his kids see exactly who he was, afterwards they circled around their mom like musk oxen protecting their own. I would go there in the summer specifically to take them hiking, camping and shooting, the stuff their father shoulda been doing.

Six years back I was up there for a funeral and their father's parked truck got hit by a car and totaled, the lack of concern evinced by his three by then grown children was telling.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Whelenman: Over the decades of my law enforcement career I became familiar with the incredibly high numbers of families that have "estrangements" in their clans!
Estrangements are VERY common in American families (sadly).
I feel lucky that I am on good terms with all my VarmintChildren as well as my siblings, nephews, nieces, cousins, aunts and uncles.
I was especially close with my now (recently) deceased parents. I did have one mother-in-law that was a pain in the ass but we remained civil to each other (political differences) right up until her recent passing.
Takes effort sometimes but it is worth it (IMO) to remain civil/friendly with "relatives".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Thankful I have great children, can’t imagine hard feelings with any of them!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My sister and I are working on it.

Everything is her, how it affects her, or how she thinks it should be.

Darn shame, we have been through some [bleep] together.

I'm tired of being nice to those who aren't nice to me and mine,
her loss.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by 12344mag
It reminds me, how many of you are estranged from you siblings?

I haven’t talked to my brother in 4 or 5 years!

I haven't talked to my Brother in 4 years either Denny. I refuse to associate with selfish self centered asswholes.

What are you trying to say Toby.

Don't worry Buddy, yer a Dickweed not an asswhole.......... grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just like anyone else in life, you need to rid yourself of people who will bring you or your family down. If they are a sibling, so be it.

The sooner this is learned the better.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Damn, never realized so many families are so dysfunctional. Most hillbilly families are pretty tight I guess. Not much choice, if you wanted to survive you had/have to stick together. Might be some infighting, but all it takes is an outsider to rally against to bring us all together again. You have roots that run back 300 years, continuously, in a geographical area....it tends to build tight klans.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm not close to any of my family, except my mom and even then she hasn't come see me since 2002 or 2003: I always go to see her. I've got a large extended family but have only met them a handful of times and don't have any of their contact info.

I've a sister who I get along with, but rarely see or talk to. Her husband and I don't see eye to eye on things. I have another sister who would be on the street if she wasn't living at home with my mom. She's almost 48, barely makes a dime and is mostly liberal to boot. If she didn't live at home I likely wouldn't have seen or talked to her in 23 years.

I've lived by myself since leaving home in 1997 and most likely always will. I'm not exactly a people person.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Dads dead
Talk via phone to mom weekly.
I have six brothers and sisters. I talk to some weekly and some just several times a year. Get along fine with all of them.

NRA Patron
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It reminds me, how many of you are estranged from you siblings?

I haven’t talked to my brother in 4 or 5 years!

I haven't talked to my Brother in 4 years either Denny. I refuse to associate with selfish self centered asswholes.

What are you trying to say Toby.

Don't worry Buddy, yer a Dickweed not an asswhole.......... grin

Thanks Toby! I was really worried about that!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Three sons. Oldest and I don’t talk. He is a deadbeat dad and generally a bleep up. He is in his mothers pocket and she has destroyed any chance of him being anything. Other two sons are fine hardworking guys. We get along well.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,213
Posts18,485,459
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.