-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would look at the Honda RancherES 420 or the Foreman 500. For what you need it for they are more than enough machine and are good utility bikes. I've been riding atv's since 1989 and Honda's since 1992, i've owned 2 Fourtrax 300's, 1 2x4 and 1 4x4 and my current machine, a 2004 ForemanES 4x4. I use mine all the time for hunting trips, trail riding and plowing my driveway and have zero issues with all of them. There's all kinds of machines out there for $5500 and under, get out and ride some of them and see what best suits your needs.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Never once seen a yamaha with weak gears or gear problems. I highly doubt you have either 7stw.

I have seen plenty of piece of [bleep] kawasaki's. But that would explain why yamaha outsells kawasaki at least 50 to 1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never had a Yamaha fail me - we have a 1994/5 Timberwolf that has some serious hours on it. Not a hiccup. Changed the plugs 3x since new, the oil 1 time a year and that's it.

Runs every weekend from Sept to Dec and many more in between as a clays cart. Exceeded rack capacity by several hundred pounds on a weekly basis over the last 13 years.

Go blue and never worry.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sledder
Never once seen a yamaha with weak gears or gear problems. I highly doubt you have either 7stw.

I have seen plenty of piece of [bleep] kawasaki's. But that would explain why yamaha outsells kawasaki at least 50 to 1

Don't care if they out sell them 55555555555555555555555555555 to one.Those kawi's never found their way to the garage by accident.

BTW.....The pos bike that was traded in on the 650 was a solid axel 450.So really could give too chitts about you and your rides.[bleep] forgot more about engine's last nite in bed sleeping then you'll prolly ever know.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I believe you probably tossed off in bed last night,but it had nothing to do with engines or yamaha.

What the hell does your trading in a straight axle for a 650 have to do with anything,other then you got screwed buying another kawasucki.

I'm sure your kawasucki's found their way to the garage in the back of a pickup,just like a blue heeler.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 7 STW
360 4by mileage.It's had just oil and gas.I know of NO Honda on the planet with that mileage that hasn't had a major repair.I've owned them all the kawi's are the best so far. [Linked Image]

"No honda on the planet with that mileage that hasn't had a major repair" That must of been an extra wet dream night in bed for you 7stw,to even dream up some statement,that [bleep] stupid..

Theres only probably a couple 100k farmers and ranchers out there with a honda that has over 10k on it with no repairs. But evidently,you have the market cornered with 8k on a kawasucki.

Then again a major repair on a real atv like a yamaha or honda,would just be considered routine or continual repairs on a kawasaki or polaris.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sledder
I believe you probably tossed off in bed last night,but it had nothing to do with engines or yamaha.

What the hell does your trading in a straight axle for a 650 have to do with anything,other then you got screwed buying another kawasucki.

I'm sure your kawasucki's found their way to the garage in the back of a pickup,just like a blue heeler.

Yawn

I'm sure you play a mean banjo too.Go back to your sheep festival.Clown

Hey Clown
Maybe quit talking about your daddy's bike's.Get your own.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No honda on the planet with that mileage that hasn't had a major repair"

That statement is blatantly wrong.I personally know of a 300 honda with over 11,000 miles on them with no major repairs.I also know of a yamaha big bear with over 13,000 miles on it with no major repairs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats really nice.Guess we kick the crap out of our stuff.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The atvs that I am referring to belong to outfitters.These machines have been ridden double,have hauled heavy loads and have been used in harsh conditions yet they still keep running with minimum maintenance.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stubblejumper

The atvs that I am referring to belong to outfitters.These machines have been ridden double,have hauled heavy loads and have been used in harsh conditions yet they still keep running with minimum maintenance.

Right wrong or indifference I can't buy it.I've seen the way outfitters treat their bikes here.Thats way too hard of a sell.

I believe they have the mileage but not without some cash thrown at them.Most outfitters I know would gladly use their rifle for a tire jack handle if needed.Everything's a tool to those fella's.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Right wrong or indifference I can't buy it.I've seen the way outfitters treat their bikes here.Thats way too hard of a sell.

You are generalizing by assuming that all ouftitters are the same.Believe what you want,I know these two people quite well,and they have no reason to lie.One of them keeps buying hondas,and the other yamahas because of the great durability that these quads have provided over the years.Besides that,these outfitters can't afford downtime,so if major work had been required,they would have replaced these machines to keep their outfits operating.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Kawasucki's only real claim to fame,has been a 650 v twin in the prairie.Which at the time was all the rage because it was the largest displacement.Then the Brute farces showed up. Which offer nothing.Especially the 750. Hell owners of the 750 have been complaining to kawasaki,that its underpowered and the 650 will keep up with it for $1500 less.

In fact I'd venture to say that the majority of kawasaki owners,bought a kawasaki atv,because of price tag. Without fail kawasaki will cost less to buy initially.Which is why most dealers carry them as a secondary atv brand,for the cheap [bleep] that see nothing but price tag and engine displacement.

Its plain laughable to even try and say that kawasaki is more durable and trouble free,then honda and yamaha. I know of three differant company owners that put over 10,000 miles a year on honda and yamaha atv's with no repairs. Nobody runs kawasaki,atv's.A few companies run kawasaki mules and have been fazing them out also.

J
jmt277 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
I do not know much about the Kawi's but from what I have seen the Hondas have the market here in my area. The polaris and yamaha are next in line, then the suzuki. I see very few kawi's. I have decided on the 450 grizzly and most likely have one by the end of the week. My dad has a 06 350 rancher which I like but I want a bike with indep. suspension and the grizz fits my needs. This turned into a ford vs chevy deal except it's about four wheelers. I've been debating on getting a four wheeler for about 3 years didn't think I needed one but it's getting harder to get deer out as I get older. Especially the last 2 years my back been giving me trouble, just can't drag them real far any more and getting a truck to them is impossible most of the time.

magnums the only way to shoot
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Clown

This cheap [bleep] wants to know which one is you.Just so I know who I'm dealing with.I'll venture a guess.The fat guy on the far left. [Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
7stw, I was with you on most of your posts until you started talking about Hondas breaking down. You simply have no idea how good Honda atv's are, i've got many friends that own Hondas and will own nothing else, lots of hard miles on Alaskan trails and harsh winter riding. If you fly into any village in Alaska you will see 10 Honda's to every 1 of any other make. Villagers need reliability and can't afford to have machines break down, the cost of flying in parts is ridiculous. I know 1 Honda dealer in the Valley that sells hundreds of ATV's every year to the folks in the bush. Seems like this post was headed in the right direction but like any other forum that talks about peoples favorite rides, it turns into a [bleep] storm.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew a Wildlife and Fisheries agent who rode his company-issued bike nearly every day. He did not care for the Kawasaki that he had been riding lately. He said it rode nice when it worked, but he called it a "Kaus-it-makes-me-walkee."

I know that Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, are all decent japanese bikes these days. But I consistently hear durability tales regarding Honda, and to a lesser degree, Yamaha.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think they all have their good and bad points.Yes honda is good but not bulletproof.None are.Seen pos's in all brands.
Also
Sorry to the good campfire members for being pulled into a slapfest.Also the same to the guy who's thread is now wrecked.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
This isn't a slap fest. You're just full of [bleep] 7stw and you've started to believe your own bullsh!t as fact. We just needed to help you out a bit in the factual department.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your a [bleep] Clown.........

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 69 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,854
Posts18,497,037
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.