Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403
Originally Posted by Jackie_Treehorn
Unfortunately I may be done with lefty rifles since they are so hard to get rid of if you decide to go a different route.
Left-handed rifles aren't the least bit difficult to sell. Cobbled together Frankenstein things are. We told you that earlier.
You act like I’m whining about this. I’m not attacking you personally by saying I don’t want to mess with lefty rifles anymore. It’s just my opinion that they are harder to sell. There are fewer left handed people in the world so statistics would indicate that the market is smaller and thus harder to sell.
You're clueless with limited experience. We've enumerated the faults your rifle had -- that's why it didn't sell here. Nobody wants to spend big money on a cobbled together parts gun. If it was a factory original rifle or had bona fide custom work performed, someone would've likely made an offer. Christ, that thing didn't even have a chambering marking.

I would've been a buyer at $380. Not $381, but $380, because its value to me was as a donor rifle.

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
GB1

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Jackie, you are exactly right. I am inexperienced when it comes to this kind of rifle. I am not arguing that one bit. That’s exactly why I asked the question about whether my price was way off base and if it was then why? The last thing I wanted to do was rip somebody off. The whole point of this forum is to learn and ask questions and talk “gun gack” with other rifle/hunting loonies. Once again thanks for your input.

I was a little off put by my rifle being called a Frankenstein but it’s not a big deal. In the end I got what I wanted and so did the guy that I traded.

My opinions are my opinions and yours are yours! I’m not bitching and complaining about any part of this. I see you as somebody who has a lot of Information who isn’t afraid to give it out. That’s something to be proud of. Take care and thanks again

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was a little off put by my rifle being called a Frankenstein but it’s not a big deal.
Why? That's just a statement of fact, it's not an insult and it doesn't mean the gun isn't a good gun. But there's a big difference between a 700 BDL with a pedigree and one with a completely unknown background. The gun you were selling was a gamble for most buyers. I can assure you I'm not trying to insult you, but left-handed guns in desirable configurations just aren't hard to sell. That said, any custom rifle -- right- or left-handed -- is only going to bring around 2/3 or less what it cost to build since the nature of a custom gun was to meet one specific owner's needs.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I’m sorry what I meant was at first I was off put by the Frankenstein comment but I understood what you meant afterward. At first I thought you were saying it was a piece of crap or something. The only reason I say that lefty’s are less desirable is because at my LGS they usually roll their eyes when I bring in a lefty. I’m a big trader so that usually hurts my cause. Plus I am the only lefty shooter I know so it requires a lot more work on my part to get rid of a rifle.

Aside from that I get annoyed at the offerings in lefty rifles. I like ultra lightweight rifles and aside from ordering from Melvin Forbes I cant seem to find the rifle that scratches all of the itches.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only reason I say that lefty’s are less desirable is because at my LGS they usually roll their eyes when I bring in a lefty. I’m a big trader so that usually hurts my cause. Plus I am the only lefty shooter I know so it requires a lot more work on my part to get rid of a rifle.
Local sales are always an aggravation; a limited pool of buyers and no one ever seems to have any cash. The various auction 'sites and forums get a lot of action.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 40 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.