Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
DF,

I suspect pete53 is referring to the "real west," not California, such as Wyoming--where Weatherby recently moved to, OUT of California.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
My hope is that the people that bought the ammunition side will bring back all the older design Core-Lokt bullets as they were made in the 1960s, and marker them ALL, as well as selling every cartridge case they ever made to reloaders again. It would also be a very good idea to produce 22 LR ammo to the same quality they did in the 60s and 70s again.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by szihn
My hope is that the people that bought the ammunition side will bring back all the older design Core-Lokt bullets as they were made in the 1960s, and marker them ALL, as well as selling every cartridge case they ever made to reloaders again. It would also be a very good idea to produce 22 LR ammo to the same quality they did in the 60s and 70s again.

Aerosmith has a song for you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
myself i am glad Ruger Arms now will own Marlin rifles and will be a better rifle now too. as far as Remington rifles go: they need to move outwest and get away from the eastern side of America just way to many liberals in the east making gun laws.

Yes anyway. Screw the employees in Ilion. Let them eat cake.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
DF,

I suspect pete53 is referring to the "real west," not California, such as Wyoming--where Weatherby recently moved to, OUT of California.

That would work...

DF

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by szihn

Aerosmith has a song for you.

Dude looks like a lady?

Moe

"Pick out two!"
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Not exactly laugh

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Dream On!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by smitty_bs
Dream On!

There ya go!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by smitty_bs
Dream On!

There ya go!

I was going to guess “Love in an Elevator.”

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Janie's Got a Gun would be appropriate in this venue

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by moosemike
Janie's Got a Gun would be appropriate in this venue

Nailed it!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by pete53
myself i am glad Ruger Arms now will own Marlin rifles and will be a better rifle now too. as far as Remington rifles go: they need to move outwest and get away from the eastern side of America just way to many liberals in the east making gun laws.

Remington was moving in the direction of the Southeast and had a good start at Huntsville. It's a good location geographically, politically, and has an updated plant. The state, county, and city had already cut a lot of costs out for Remington but Remington never finished up their side of the agreements....so it looks like they're on the hook for some of the $ and aren't protected by the Ch 11 stuff. At any rate, it would be a good place for Ruger to look.

https://www.al.com/news/2020/07/hun...uptcy-again-mayor-tommy-battle-says.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Crab

Just extreme interest in turning a short-term profit.

"Short term" can vary a lot with the company, the investment group & what else they own & the given situation.

I've been working with a group for a long time & they have held this particular investment for over 7 years with no sale in sight yet, ideal is 3-5, generally.

But in this case, they overpaid & couldn't sell at a gain, so they bought another related business, at a good price, averaged the 2 investments to moderate their exposure & will continue to hold until the market situation is right to sell them together at a reasonable profit.

They make mistakes from time to time to time & not all investments work out as well as expected for a variety of reasons.

MM

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Long live Marlin!!!

I hope Ruger does awesome things with them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope that Remington thrives under new management. It would be hard to make a case for their marketing expertise that launched so many failures in recent years. Remington would be lucky to find a CEO who has whatever it takes to bring it back from where it is, like Ron Coburn did for Savage. I wonder if the new Remington will try to compete in all market niches or if they will retrench and focus on doing what they do really well?

I hope that Marlin thrives under Ruger's ownership, but I doubt that Ruger will continue to manufacture the Marlin rimfire rifles, as the Marlin 60 and the XT series would be competing against Ruger's rimfire rifles in the same market niche. I wonder if the Marlin purchase includes any of the manufacturing facilities or if Ruger will have to add manufacturing capacity somewhere else? I'm sure that the politicians in central NH would offer a lot of incentives if Ruger would build a new plant near their existing facilities in Newport.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I hope that Remington thrives under new management. It would be hard to make a case for their marketing expertise that launched so many failures in recent years. Remington would be lucky to find a CEO who has whatever it takes to bring it back from where it is, like Ron Coburn did for Savage. I wonder if the new Remington will try to compete in all market niches or if they will retrench and focus on doing what they do really well?

I hope that Marlin thrives under Ruger's ownership, but I doubt that Ruger will continue to manufacture the Marlin rimfire rifles, as the Marlin 60 and the XT series would be competing against Ruger's rimfire rifles in the same market niche. I wonder if the Marlin purchase includes any of the manufacturing facilities or if Ruger will have to add manufacturing capacity somewhere else? I'm sure that the politicians in central NH would offer a lot of incentives if Ruger would build a new plant near their existing facilities in Newport.

I am just curious if Marlin includes the NEF/H&R stuff. Not that I see any immediate future in it with all the cheap bolt guns, but it would be nice know its not all lost.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by noKnees
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

I am just curious if Marlin includes the NEF/H&R stuff. Not that I see any immediate future in it with all the cheap bolt guns, but it would be nice know its not all lost.

H&R went to JJE which is the parent company of Palmetto State Armory.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bugger
The quality of the Marlin rifles made by Remington were as good as the JM Marlins, in my opinion.

I hate to see this bankruptcy for several reasons. But I wish the new owners well for continuing the manufacture of Remington rifles, shotguns and pistols.

Each to his own, but poorly fitted wood and oversized pistol grips do not make a Remlin as good as a JM Marlin- neither do hammers that scrape the receiver or cartridge carriers that do not lift.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What an extremely difficult business to be in these days. Hope they make it.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (160user, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,848 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,234
Posts18,485,703
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.