-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe we should just wear hand sanitizer bottles. Nobody seems to give a schit about hand washing and it’s 1/2 the battle.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There will be another pandemic. The pump has been primed.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I say no................it's a method of virtue signaling,control & feel good syndrome.

Lots of people are convinced that the mask is absolutely saving their life.

MM

IMHO - No, the masks are here to stay in some form. The actual wear will be divided by regional, cultural, and educated (or UN-educated) beliefs - rural areas will mostly not be wearing them, while the urban types will.

Some of the bigger cities will enforce it as mandatory, at their choosing - and there will be a middle ground - the "no-mans" land between where the urban and rural meet.

Lawyers will get involved soon - as it will become a litigation issue of the transmission of the virus - knowingly or unknowingly - some ambulance chaser is going to have an epiphany that he can hold another party libel for his clients condition - and we'll be off to the races.

I hope none of this comes to pass, but I see the mask as part of daily wear for quite a while longer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think masks will be common for the next 18 months to 2 years. I saw it mentioned on the news the other day that a vaccine for children likely won't be approved until later next year. That's all they'll need to keep this nonsense up for a good long time. With 70 or so Covid deaths under the age of 14 since this started, get ready to hear "if it saves one child's life" over and over again, and being accused of being a murderer of children if you don't wear a mask. Even though the seasonal flu will take far more than that, Covid will be the excuse to keep everyone masked up and businesses closed down.

Last edited by DaveR; 10/06/20.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
If by "the country" you mean out here in the country (rural like me) Then yes of course, we aint too masky out here, never was.

Something clever here.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OldHat

This^^^

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I say no................it's a method of virtue signaling,control & feel good syndrome.

Lots of people are convinced that the mask is absolutely saving their life.

MM

Hate to say it, but I don’t see masks going away. At the grocery store this morning, 99% masked up. Probably 50% had gloves. Many with face shields as well. Well trained sheep.

Sam......

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No. Unfortunately.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Depends on who wins in November.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by centershot
Depends on who wins in November.

I don't think so; the country is totally divided & will stay that way no matter who wins; less people will be wearing masks in the end if DJT wins, but the idiots that think they are being saved now by the masks are not likely to give them up.

If Biden wins, more people will be wearing them as there will be a plethora of additional mandates..............not all areas will enforce & follow, but there will be more mandates, like in MI & WI for example. And resistance will grow.

MM

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see people of all ages wearing them outdoors at times. If I had to take a guess at the most common demographics all on board for the mask it seems to be “hipster type” later teens to mid 20 somethings and millennial age people that even if not wearing as a fashion statement seem to really believe that the mask is going to save them and are happy to wear them/comply with mandates. No surprise there. The second most common demographic seems to be boomer aged people. Maybe due to other medical conditions? The roughly gen x demographic later 30’s to mid 50’s seems to be the most likely to resist the mask from what I’ve seen in my area.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 10/06/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I loathe masks but wear one in public indoors as a C O U R T E S Y. But the instant the mandate comes off, I'm done.

As posted elsewhere, COVID got my Dad. He was 85, had COPD/remission lung cancer, and was pretty weak overall. But I'm still shocked how fast it happened after exposure and how effectively it killed him. I'm pretty certain he got infected at the gun show, attendance over my objections. He had symptoms (conflated with his existing troubles) inside of a week. Eight hours in the ER, the hospital missed the Covid. He then festered for four days until he got the diagnosis. And it was nine days after admission that he died, just 21 days from start to stop, with half of that plain, utter misery.

In the meantime, I got infected, had no symptoms at all. Told the hospital, I'm already infected with HIS corona, so you bastards better let me in to say goodbye. They relented, I was able to brief him on his fate, he accepted it, we said our farewells, and he was gone in 20 hours. He had a good life, so no regrets, and a sense of gratitude he didn't linger and linger and linger.

But that's another reason to wear those fecking masks and wash your fecking hands, you don't want to inflict this on anyone. It's bad.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
For sure! The country that sent this whether accidently or on purpose has to be delighted with our reaction. The next might actually be deadly as opposed to this rather mild illness that has caused such panic.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah! at some point we got past the plague, yellow fever, the 1917 flu..........

we'll get past this too!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
when it all started i refused, and have since passed away

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
For sure! The country that sent this whether accidently or on purpose has to be delighted with our reaction. The next might actually be deadly as opposed to this rather mild illness that has caused such panic.

TDS20 is around the corner, it’s much worse than TDS16. The only known cure is a one way plane ticket.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings

True.
The powers that never should have been are now in a dominance role similar to that of a psycho who has the handcuffs on, a gag in the mouth of the victim and assuring them that they will be ok, as they open the trunk.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Muffin
Yeah! at some point we got past the plague, yellow fever, the 1917 flu..........

we'll get past this too!

That is what I said...
Of course the masks will disappear.
This will become history just like all the other pandemics in our past.
We went though the 1918 Spanish flu that infected one-third of all the people in the world. And we had a lot less weapons to fight it at that time.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it will end, but when???
Perhaps when they think we will trust them enough to take the needle. I think most of the conservatives will follow the liberal leadership and example. I'm only going by what I see said here. Some are protesting it. Individuals like Bundy will go to a game and stay outside.
The rest of us will be ostracized, threatened, denied service, travel, freedom denied for not wearing a mask.
You all know how the mask thing started.
Look which direction it's already gone.

https://banned.video/watch?id=5f7cbcb6be924a0f1dd98e40

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/06/20.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Muffin

we'll get past this too!

That is what I said...
Of course the masks will disappear.
This will become history just like all the other pandemics in our past.
We went though the 1918 Spanish flu that infected one-third of all the people in the world. And we had a lot less weapons to fight it at that time.

But in those case & times, the illnesses weren't politicized; now at least in the U.S., it's almost totally being driven by politics with the medical community pretty aligned with one side or the other for a variety of purposes, with the real public heath being pretty low on that list of purposes & priorities.

Fauci is so crooked & dirty it's hard to believe that anyone could have ever taken him seriously.

MM

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 2,229 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,251
Posts18,486,261
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.