-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Many here forget that prior to about 2008 or so, Big Stick favorite scope was in fact Leupold's 3.5-10x40mm, with the added "silly wet" turrets as he called them then. In fact anybody that didn't use that scope was a "clueless window licker".

Some time after that, and many failures to track of Beaverton's Oregon's finest product, Stick got religion and "discovered" SWFA's Super Sniper line. And he's not wrong when to comes to shear reliability and tracking excellence when your spinning turrets on a daily basis. And they are remarkably cheap to own as well.

Of course many folks who hunt don't spin turrets but once a year to sight in and never touch the retched thing again. So reliability as far as tracking goes is a moot point to them as they have no desire to utilize that function.

There in lies the rub. Spinning dials vs not spinning them. Leupy's are perfectly fine for not spinning crowd, and an bane to those that do, do.

Of course if your not spinning you not using what modern technology has given us. That is matching turrets and reticles, accurate dialing to place high BC bullets into relatively small targets at long range, which has been determined precisely with "state of the art" laser rangefinders.

If you hunt in bright woodlands, where shots are never more than say 200 yds, you might not need such modern technical advantages and other do dads. And if that works fine for you, Bully.....and rock on.

I hated Leupold long before many others, because number 1, of what they did to Premier Reticles, and number 2, a refusal to realize as late as 2006 that Mil reticles and MOA Turrets were passe, along with 3x zoom ratios's and SFP scopes for LR shooting. I left them in 2006 after purchasing nearly 30 Leupolds scope between 1985 and 2006. They as a company completely squandered a market in LR rifle scopes that they virtually owned. Hence, Rip Van Leupold that slept for 20 years.

I moved on because other makers were offering what they could not. In the end I don't care what scope you use and why. It's your choice, so buy what you like, and like what you buy.

Unlike Stick I don't think your stupid for buying a Leupold as long as you realize both their strengths and many limitations.

Have a sparkling day, Lads.....

Last edited by Shadow; 10/15/20. Reason: Spelling
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of fhuqking Schit to boot...

Lying? ....... Maybe you're right. I did make up that story about you actually having a job on a U-Pick.

Sorry, I hurt your feelings on that one.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There is a problem with the "I don't spin dials so it doesn't matter to me" line of argument: If your scope is a pain to sight in and doesn't respond well to dialing when you're trying it out, what makes you think it will be very reliable in other ways?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Skidrow,

I thought I'd heard good thangs about the Reupold 6x42? "Tell" me more. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Erectors spook the fhuqk outta folks and few things are more "daunting" than the "dreaded" Turret. That one,has ALWAYS cracked me the fhuqk up! Despite Droolers manipulating same all the time,but the "right" way,using a fhuqking coin,casehead or something else as equally fhuqking STUPID. Sadly,LOTS Reupolds died,that had never even seen a fhuqking Turret and as one approaches Today,that body count percentage rises in non-lineal fashion. Hint. LAUGHING!

Junior at Premiere,was/is a fhuqking Snake,though Dick was a ROCK. Hint.

Now as Today's Reupolds go,it is not a "supposition" that one is a STUPID Fhuqk to procure same,but simplistic fact and without a Turret. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

SuperKchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you must,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Didja' "forget" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for "living" vicariously,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

P.S. and by the way,don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

math,

Survey says: You got 100% on that one,if only to the chagrin of CLUELESS Window Lickers everywhere. Hint.

LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Picture looks about right, what were you a Junior or Senior? About 31 or 32 yrs old?
Probably 5th grade was the toughest 7 years of your life.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by coobie
I see camera land has the Leupold VX 3I 3.5X10X40 on sale now.Been a weaver scope fan(super slam & grand slam owner) for quite some time.Looking to purchase the Leupold model stated for my Ruger 77/44 in 44 mag.Thoughts on the Leupold good /bad or ugly? Thanks.

That is a good scope but it probably isn't the ideal choice for that rifle unless you are getting it for a lot less money than you'd spend on the better choices. .44 magnum isn't a long range cartridge nor is the rifle particularly precise. I think a better fit would be a 1.5-5x or at most a 2.5-8X (which is what I had on my Ruger 77/357, not because it needed it, but because I already owned it). The 3.5-10X can be used at the bottom end and just left there if the price is more attractive than the price of otherwise more suited options.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big [bleep],

I'm not going to fence with you on this. We fenced many a time over on Sniper's Hide when you on the Leupold or else Band-wagon of Bullshit. The trouble is your not wrong now, but cloak your very valid points in juvenile BS that turns most listeners off to whatever good points you make.

I'm done have a nice day......

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Well big stick, we are all waiting for you to unveil the brands of the glass you are now using that is less expensive than a "Reupold". C'mon stick show us the light. What are they ? Simmons,BSA,Tasco.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I see SWFA in his pics. I use them myself and they've been very reliable.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Stick has been using and abusing the SWFA line of scopes for a long time. He has proven their reliability, return to zero, dialing accuracy and good price point. I am no expert on Leupys, as I have owed only one-the afore-mentioned one. After the second trip back to the factory, I sold it. I will not try them again. For both dialing and set-and-forget, there are better options than the over-hyped Leupys. Your money. Spend it how you want, but Leupy is has-been..

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I know as well as anyone on this board that Leupold optics aren't what they used to be. I know they have limitations, but so do I anymore. For where I hunt the vx111 2.5-8 & 3.5-10 work fine. I do like the FX 111 6x too. But holy crap if a man happens onto something cheaper and better,do share your knowledge. Don't brow beat guys that may be just getting into hunting/shooting or that may not have the money to buy a 5k night force. I like my old Pronghorn longbow and still hunting on the ground but I'm not going to degrade a man that likes to hunt with the fanciest of compound bows out of a tree stand. He is out enjoying mother nature just the same. Heck I like seeing people getting into hunting and fishing, not being turned away by asking for honest opinions and getting rocks thrown at them .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
oldkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you must...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,for sucking ass.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

TWAT,

Your "knowledge" of Rifles and Scopes,is fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your heart for trying so hard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Skidrow,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that you're yet another Crying Karen to hit full reverse...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to the perpetual hilarity,that noone remembers a single fhuqking thing about you,other than the streaming Mascara. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Tucked,

Here's hoping someone tosses you a lifeline,to keep your pointy head above water,if only for a wee bit more...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I enjoy how STUPIDITY,is assuredly no "Act" for you and the Melting Snowflake Routine ala Vagina Monologue,is fhuqking EPIC Hilarity! Here's to your being too fhuqking STUPID,to take notes and apply same,you Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart,you are truly "special".

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

math',

Gawwdamnit,don't sppok the fhuqking hole,because I like to feel their heads shake. Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

'hooper,

Never heard of 'em. Hint.

LAUGHING!

I see poor poor(literally) Tucked,deleted yet another reply. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless her heart for trying to be slick.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
coobie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by coobie
I see camera land has the Leupold VX 3I 3.5X10X40 on sale now.Been a weaver scope fan(super slam & grand slam owner) for quite some time.Looking to purchase the Leupold model stated for my Ruger 77/44 in 44 mag.Thoughts on the Leupold good /bad or ugly? Thanks.

That is a good scope but it probably isn't the ideal choice for that rifle unless you are getting it for a lot less money than you'd spend on the better choices. .44 magnum isn't a long range cartridge nor is the rifle particularly precise. I think a better fit would be a 1.5-5x or at most a 2.5-8X (which is what I had on my Ruger 77/357, not because it needed it, but because I already owned it). The 3.5-10X can be used at the bottom end and just left there if the price is more attractive than the price of otherwise more suited options.

Tom
Price I payed yesterday was $306 plus tax for the Leupold VX 3I 3.5 X10X40.I don"t spin dials and yes that is what a old retired guy like me could afford.This thread got stupid real quick with one mental midget involved named Prick stick.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Damn do you have any new lines to use. I keep reading the same gibberish over and over from you. I was told to never argue with an idiot,they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. You are the King. Wear that crown with pride mister, you earned it all on your own.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
boobie,

Now are you bitching or bragging,that after a "career" and into retirement,that you were barely able to afford that piece of fhuqking schit Reupold...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Admittedly,your Thread opener was/is STUPID and what's even more fhuqking Hilarious,is that you jumped the shark,you Fhuqking CLUELESS Dolt. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Tucked,

You be SURE to cite any/all words that are "too big' or "too Technical" for you to understand and I'll reduce Grade Levels,so even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you can "understand"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll break trail and you Crying Karens fight for scraps,as you Melt on the fhuqking sidewalk,you poor poor(literally) CLUELESS Fhuqk. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

elkchunt,

Ain't it a hoot,that besides being a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute" with your GooglFu. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dude!

If you compare all your posts together the only difference between them is like 3 or 4 words.

YAP YAP YAP and no substance.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
kchuntis,

Now ain't it a fhuqking hoot,that despite your "heralded" declaration of Imaginary Pretend Ignore,that you are simply a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit and greedily read my every word...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It is your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. "DING!"...fries are done. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Imagination,simply Pretend, Imaginary, Ignore, hoot, lying, lucky , congratulations, laughing, Hint, and the obligatory Bless your heart.

And that right there people is about 97% of Larry's lexicon. Now tell me you can not learn from this guy?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Big Stick
you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of fhuqking Schit to boot...

Lying? ....... Maybe you're right. I did make up that story about you actually having a job on a U-Pick.

Sorry, I hurt your feelings on that one.

I was bang on about the "washed up" part though.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.