Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I think that shooting bad guys in the legs is a good idea if you're going to drag them into the middle of the street, douse them with gasoline, and burn them alive.

Some folks like the burning thing, too dangerous for bystanders for me. Wrap a chain around them and drag them behind the pickup to the police station so they can face justice. Safer for everyone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Crank up the volume!!!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is a reason the military teaches people to double tap the chest area. Biggest target and it don't move much. 2 to the chest means lights out most of the time. Only an idiot like China Joe who never served a second in uniform would recommend trying for a leg shot. As for me, upper thorax is where I'm placing my rounds.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

That's using the pretend Hollywood fiction movie assumption where everyone reacts exactly the same when shot in a leg/arm/hand/foot and all necessary defensive force ends right then at that moment.

But the real world ain't Hollywood fiction, ...they don't, ...and it doesn't.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Yep.

Right through the femoral artery... smile

rockinbbar;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking to be a fine one for you folks and all is as it needs to be in your world.

In one of reasonably few non-gang related shootings that I can recall locally, that's exactly what happened.

There was - as I understand it - a history of violence between the shot and the shooter. Somehow the shot came over to the shooter's place to threaten him with another beating and was invited in for a drink in order to somehow facilitate a peaceful end to the situation.

During the next bit, the shot repeatedly mentioned that he had a gun in his truck and intended to go get it and kill the shooter and the shooter's significant other.

When, in the fullness of time, the shot announced that he was now done with them and was going to the truck to end the evening with a bang or two, as he went to the truck the shooter pulled what I recall was a single shot shotgun out of the coat closet, loaded it with whatever grouse load was there and went out on the porch.

As the shot was coming out of his truck - I believe with a firearm of some sort - the shooter shot him in the leg - no doubt an adherent to the same tactical academy which Mr. Biden and others of his vast gun fighting experience espouse. I believe it's called "Limb Shooters Tactical"? wink

Anyways, all that to say that the load of grouse shot hit the bully in the leg where it was aimed and he made it all of 5 feet, not quite to the back bumper of the pickup, but arguably far enough to not qualify for a DRT shooting.

Lastly, again as I recall years later, there was not much mourning in the overall community at the loss of this pillar of society.

Again, it might be an old guy remembering it all wrong too rockinb, so please forgive me if that's the case.

All the best to you this fall and good luck on your remaining hunts.

Dwayne

Great story, Dwayne!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
why can't we just train our officers to shoot the guns out of their hands instead of shooting them in the leg?

Savage Hunter;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the week treated you acceptably and this finds you well.

Please forgive me, but your statement reminded me of this scene.

Anyways, hopefully I can be forgiven for taking the thread slightly into the weeds.

All the best to you this fall.

Dwayne

The Lone Ranger,Roy Rogers,Hopalong Cassidy all rolled up into one.I saw that Movie recently and it got 1950s TV down pat!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I think that shooting bad guys in the legs is a good idea if you're going to drag them into the middle of the street, douse them with gasoline, and burn them alive.

Where the hell is the "Like" button on this damn thing?!

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Straight line to the CNS. Lights out, no drama. Of course, in hectic environments, a round to the hip/pelvis is a high percentage fight stopper. Especially if that round is 41 pellets out of a 3” 12 gauge shell. At normal interior defensive ranges, that is going to shred things that do not take shredding well, both structural and circulatory. Soft 5.56 or 7.62 projectiles create similar havoc. Hips and heads are generally not protected by armor, and so are useful anytime. You never know if the invader(s) were smart in their equipment selection. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

And Biden is a moron. But y’all knew that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Another gaffe by Ol' Sleepy Joe.

Originally Posted by https://www.theblaze.com/
"Instead of standing there and teaching a cop when there's an unarmed person coming at him with a knife or something to shoot him in the leg instead of in the heart," Biden said.

TheBlaze pointed out at the time that an attacker wielding a "knife or something" is not exactly "unarmed."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In addition to all of the other deficiencies and crooked crap, Biden is a stupid dork.

If he opened his mouth and said his usual junk, a group of bright HS sophomores would laugh Joe out of the room.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm no sealdeltaforcerecon methyl ethel life breaker hearttaker. But shoot'em till they stop. I think that's how it works. Course I ain't James Yeager or Bill Jordan so I could be wrong.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
I have yet to see a crowd of people at any of Joe's rallys....none period. On news every day ...no more than a few he preaching to.Then when they show Trump many times hundreds or housands there....never have I seen him at a rally where house was empty....someone please expain to me why media don't pick up on this? As for shooting them in leg....guess ole Joe would be aiming at the leg if guy with a knife or gun was 10 feet and closing fast...yea that probably would be what anyone with half a brain would do don't you think?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ironbender

Hehehehehe!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Instead of shootin' criminals in the leg, how 'bout we all roundhouse kick Lyin' Biden in the nuts? I believe that would be far more effective.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I make my living behind the counter at a gun shop. In the last 7 months, I’ve had a ton of 1st time gun buyers (“home defense shotgun”) ask me if I had 12ga rubber bullets to go with the gun. Obviously Biden voters, and I bet most of them also drive around alone in their car wearing Kung Flu masks!

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
His Secret Service contingent needs to be ordered to only shoot for the legs of anyone attempting to kill Biden.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,703 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,343
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.