Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://amgreatness.com/2020/10/15/your-fbi-will-entrap-you/

Is the nation’s top law enforcement agency protecting society from sociopaths or is the bureau itself sociopathic? Evidence and experience suggest the latter.

By Angelo Codevilla

October 15, 2020

The FBI-generated indictment of six men on charges of terrorism for planning to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has all the earmarks of what has become that corrupt agency’s standard operating procedure. Their lawyers are sure to claim they were victims of entrapment. If the case comes to trial, I doubt a jury will convict them.

During the eight years I spent supervising the intelligence agencies for the Senate Intelligence Committee, I watched as what had been a clerisy of strait-laced guardians of truth and justice was becoming a bunch of lazy bureaucrats eager to serve the ruling class’ prejudices.

No longer doing the hard and dangerous work of investigating deeply connected criminals and subversives such as the Mafia and well-financed, politically supported subversives, the FBI limited its vision to politically correct “profiles,” and started chasing small fry. Easy targets, defended by no one. What’s not to like?

After 9/11, the FBI spent few years going after very petty Islamists while covering its collective eyes to the work of major sources of trouble, such as the Muslim Brotherhood, the Palestinian Authority, and Saudi Arabia—each beloved by parts of the ruling class. But before and after this period, these profiles more often than not pointed to the ruling class’ favorite enemy: fellow Americans “excessively concerned with their liberties.”

The FBI’s method? Place agents among the target group, stoke their sentiments, and lead them to say or do something that could be characterized as a crime, then arrest them and claim credit for foiling a plot. In intelligence lingo, that is provocation. In legal terms, it’s entrapment. By whatever name, this is the work of cheap, dirty cops.

In the 1950s, the joke was that any meeting of a Communist Party cell in the New York area was likely to consist of two-thirds infiltrators, half from the FBI and the other half from the New York Police Department. But these FBI infiltrators, like those of the Vietnam era in the 1960s and early ’70s, and like those who penetrated organized crime were merely watching. Doing an honest job. They were not provoking or entrapping, not creating something that would never have been there except for their presence.

Fast forward to our time. The contrast between how the FBI behaves with regard to persons connected to the ruling class and those who are not speaks for itself. The 918 Americans who died in mass suicide in Jonestown Guyana in November 1978 were victims of a cult that had been closely associated with the California Democratic Party. Relatives of the people who were being drawn in had complained to the FBI. But the FBI had refused to keep an eye on the movement, and later officially argued that doing so would have infringed on its political and religious liberties.

And yet when the Tea Party movement arose to protest collusion between the Republican and Democratic parties against popular sentiment on a host of political issues, the FBI rushed to infiltrate it.

Having addressed countless meetings of Tea Parties in Northern California from 2010 to 2012, I experienced this infiltration directly. The audiences were respectful, and asked informative questions. When, occasionally, I got a question that seemed to push me to say something inflammatory, I made it a point to find and speak to the individual who had asked it. Invariably, the person fit a profile with which I had become familiar from my years overseeing the FBI: a man in his late 30s, who had recently moved into the community and worked for a big company, often remotely, and whose echoing of the sentiments surrounding him sounded studied. I would then advise him on how to write his report to headquarters. Generally, the man would walk away.

In the Michigan case, it seems the FBI had started by monitoring the men’s social media traffic and, on the basis of “excess concern for liberty” (prithee, what is that?) had obtained warrants for wiretaps and had inserted one or more infiltrators. But up to this time, no crime could be alleged—only what the FBI and its local affiliate considered a bad attitude.

What exactly was the infiltrator’s role in moving the men from mere talk to incipient, allegedly criminal action? That is going to be the essence of the trial. The FBI will produce recordings made by the infiltrator. When was the device turned on, and when off? To what extent do those intermissions and/or additions made to the recording contribute to the impression that this was a real plot hatched autonomously?

The accused will have the government’s and media’s full weights used against them, as would you or I.

The jury will have to decide whether the FBI was protecting society from sociopaths or whether it is itself sociopathic.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The biggest response will probably be from crickets, at least until the infiltrator chimes in . . .

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I watched this in play back in the mid eighties. My mother clerked for a federal judge and after high school some days I’d walk to the federal courthouse and watch trials waiting for my mom to be done. It was one entrapment case after another and you could tell the good guys from the bad giving testimony. Watching those trials made me completely distrust the FBI and DEA.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
| jagarmlive.com
GRAND RAPIDS, MI – Gary Springstead, a former FBI special agent turned criminal defense attorney, urged caution in accepting information from confidential sources in the plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

Other attorneys suggested informants pushed their clients into criminal activity.

“I think that … it’s difficult when you’re dealing with confidential sources because as much as the federal government, or state, local law enforcement want to control their behavior, they don’t control it,” Springstead said, outside of U.S. District Court in Grand Rapids.

“They give them rules regulations and tell them what they should and shouldn’t do but ultimately, they’re not there to control it, their every move.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Cops being cops.
LOTS of cops see the treason and do nothing----- despite the FACT that treason is a felony. That is the full strength of the power-grabbers System. INACTION in fulfilling the oath of office------ at ALL levels from FBI all the way down to local small town cops.

'It's not my job" is the excuse (but the oath SAYS it IS the #1 job!) The oath is ignored.

Pointing it out only brings hostility, but never ethical or honorable actions.
Pointing it out gets me and others doing the same the title "cop-hater" even though nothing could be farther from the truth.

Saying "Smoking causes cancer" doesn't mean you hate all who smoke. " A sigh saying "Bridge out" doesn't mean you hate drivers on a country road.
Warnings of impending doom (due to your actions or inaction) are appreciated by people of intelligence and morals. Having someone stop smoking before the cancer starts or turning the car around before they drive over an edge would be the intelligent thing to do. But power hungry arrogance is not something that sees warnings as warnings. They want to say they are "hate" or "threats". All it really does is to show who is truly intelligent and who is NOT.

Sincere warnings are met with hostility by those who KNOW they are in the moral, factual and ethical wrong------------- and just hate the truth being made known. Democrats all share that aginda in common, but the strength of the Dem/Comm party is the actions (and inaction) of cops.

100% the fault of Cops.

The judges and politicians do NOTHING themselves, but rely on the unintelligent (and treasonous) to do the actual work.

if cops ever stared to arrest open treason this would all end in 1 week.

But they will lie and say it's "not their job", and the oath means nothing.

Last edited by szihn; 10/16/20.
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
When cops can’t catch criminals—they will criminalize those they can catch.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The FFs were excessively concerned about Liberty...

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
You think there are not one or more FBI infiltrators/monitors posting here?

At the very least, there are algorithms on constant watch for key words and phrases.

Be careful what you post...and where another poster may lead you.

Last edited by las; 10/16/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
At minimum them boys should do twenty to life for felony stupid...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I spoke of this on another thread a few days ago. I have seen a dozen cases in the past decade where the FBI busted "Muslim terrorists."
The Feds hear of a "Muslim radical" who has a big mouth. They send in a snitch to befriend the guy. The narc is wired, of course. He gets the "radical" drunk and they talk about what acts of jihad he wants to commit.

The narc then asks the Jihadi what kind of weapons he wants. If the Feds are lucky, the narc will provide the guy with a few AKs and maybe even a Stinger or two. Disarmed Stinger.
The moment the weapons are delivered, the FBI SWAT team swoops in. "Jihadi" arrested with weapons, talk of destroying government buildings on tape, it looks great on the 6 O'Clock News. Just BS cooked up by the FBI. The dumb ass Jihadi gets 25 years in Leavenworth.

Where was the gallant FBI on 9/11?

And, yes, I bet you a dollar that at least one member in good standing on this forum is an FBI informant. You get a private message from some "good buddy" you better watch what you say.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Always been that way. They aren't that hard to figure out. Buddy of mine had a guy offer to sell him a 10mm MP-5, known as an MP-10, at a gun show. Buddy told him he didn't buy guns from feds, and only the FBI has those guns. He was pretty vocal at the time about things, and involved in a local militia. Had their attention. So they tried to set him up.

You are willing to do anything or help others do anything to defend liberty, the government will notice and attempt to get next to you. Maybe even help you. To get yourself into one of their prisons, or at least becoming one of their snitches. Someone tries to talk you into doing or talking about doing anything illegal or even semi-legal, call them out and get away from them. Your friends won’t be trying to land you in federal prison or turn you into a snitch.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All you need to do is watch the way LE sticks up for one another or defends brutal actions then will trash and attack anyone that disagrees with them right here on the fire to understand some of the sick mentality that exists in that community.

Not all LE, no way, some are good men but rotten apples tend to affect the entire barrel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live 10 miles from one of the raided homes in this kidnaping fiasco. The guy was only a member of the Facebook page and quit it when the nutters started talking crazy. FBI blew his door off the hinges tore his house apart charged him with nothing and seized his guns. Guy hadn't even been on the Facebook page in months. Never met anyone from the group. Never said anything crazy on the page Quit when it got weird and got his guns taken. These guys were nutcases and they have them on tape openly discussing a plan to shoot her at her vacation home. They aren't going to walk away from it. There's about 10 brain cells amongst them. About every gun group in Michigan is putting miles between themselves and those morons. I can't stand Whitmer but that's not the way to go about it.

Last edited by k20350; 10/17/20.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Professional liars, same as cops. It is their job.

Anyone expecting more is naive.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
All you need to do is watch the way LE sticks up for one another or defends brutal actions then will trash and attack anyone that disagrees with them right here on the fire to understand some of the sick mentality that exists in that community.

irrespective of city, county, state or fed
they are just one big extended gov. family
that needs to be treated with circumspect.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kkahmann
When cops can’t catch criminals—they will criminalize those they can catch.

Well put.

PS How can someone be excessively concerned about liberty??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That write up was substantially devoid of anything to support the thesis statement.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
That write up was substantially devoid of anything to support the thesis statement.

From the article:

"The FBI’s method? Place agents among the target group, stoke their sentiments, and lead them to say or do something that could be characterized as a crime, then arrest them and claim credit for foiling a plot. In intelligence lingo, that is provocation. In legal terms, it’s entrapment. By whatever name, this is the work of cheap, dirty cops."

Retired cat herder.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Speaking of the FBI, here is some information on a huge international crime ring that was dropped in their lap, but it effects their own top-tier people, so they ignored it.
But we'll be told we need to trust them. We'll be insulted if we don't
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...Jsg_vvCFVxyHGAfRL8V8vFhpQTNuzcfkmpNWS8Tg

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
These federal agencies are run exactly like a Mafia. In fact, they so closely resemble strong-armed Organized Crime as to be utterly indistinguishable from it in any way.

Power corrupts. Anyone who tells you different is trying to gain or keep power over you.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (257 mag, 37L1, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,620
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.