Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I didn’t know he worked for NCStar. I guess that explains a lot.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The new ones,are ABSOLUTE Fhuqking Dog Schit. Hint.

A "fast focus" eyepiece makes less than ZERO fhuqks. It's a set one time operation,on the diopter,to arrange reticle focus solely. The only time it would need changed,is if/when your eyesight changed,but THAT was fhuqking funny! Hint. LAUGHING!

I'd go Swiffer 1-6x 24mm HD Mil/Mil Illuminated and not because it has a fast focus eyepiece. The reticle is etched and speaks a language,the erector speaks too. It's FFP,so it all jives,no matter where you are in the zoom ratio. The Illumination is KILLER and the extry battery compartment exceptional. 10 Mil's per revolution in 1/10 Mil graduations,so it gets no better. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Turrets can be ran capped,nekked or with thread protector. Hint.

Reupold isn't even in the same Universe,let alone Planet. Hint.

Thank me later.

Swiffer 1-6x 24mm HD FFP RINK

Just sayin'....................

My initial reply,melted poor poor(literally) boobie's pea brain and she's been crying ever since. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless her Drooling Retardation.

Hint.

LAUGHING!............................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
coobie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

A "fast focus" eyepiece makes less than ZERO fhuqks. It's a set one time operation,on the diopter,to arrange reticle focus solely. The only time it would need changed,is if/when your eyesight changed,but THAT was fhuqking funny! Hint. LAUGHING!

I'd go Swiffer 1-6x 24mm HD Mil/Mil Illuminated and not because it has a fast focus eyepiece. The reticle is etched and speaks a language,the erector speaks too. It's FFP,so it all jives,no matter where you are in the zoom ratio. The Illumination is KILLER and the extry battery compartment exceptional. 10 Mil's per revolution in 1/10 Mil graduations,so it gets no better. Hint.

Thank me later.

My initial reply,melted poor poor(literally) boobie's pea brain and she's been crying ever since. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!............................ person person with major anger issues
Remember take 1 blue pill and 2 red ones with that shot of Jack Daniels.All kidding aside what a sad person with anger issues you have become since you first joined this forum back in 2001.I actually feel sorry for mental state of health.What made you snap? Family issues?Just curious? IMHO you should seek out a mental health care professional ASAP no bull chit.Its time my friend..

Last edited by coobie; 10/20/20.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by coobie

Thank me later.

Hint.

LAUGHING!............................ person person with major anger issues
Remember take 1 blue pill and 2 red ones with that shot of Jack Daniels.All kidding aside what a sad person with anger issues you have become since you first joined this forum back in 2001.I actually feel sorry for mental state of health.What made you snap? Family issues?Just curious? IMHO you should seek out a mental health care professional ASAP no bull chit.Its time my friend..

Well he may just be a natural born schitthead.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Coobie - enjoy the scope. Thinking you will!
Does seem a bit of an odd fit but no reason it won't work Folks say it is large in one way or another but it isn't obtrusive, is very light weight and eye relief is superb- no reason you wont' love it. .
I have the same scope with B and C on my 260 and it has let me take some long for me shots that made me appreciate it.
I think you will find the adjustments less crisp than the Weavers. I always appreciated Weaver's and their adjustments. Meopta too. Leupold and Burris- while happy with the glass and brightness and reticles... not so much the adjustments but none of them ever really let me down.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

C
coobie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Coobie - enjoy the scope. Thinking you will!
Does seem a bit of an odd fit but no reason it won't work Folks say it is large in one way or another but it isn't obtrusive, is very light weight and eye relief is superb- no reason you wont' love it. .
I have the same scope with B and C on my 260 and it has let me take some long for me shots that made me appreciate it.
I think you will find the adjustments less crisp than the Weavers. I always appreciated Weaver's and their adjustments. Meopta too. Leupold and Burris- while happy with the glass and brightness and reticles... not so much the adjustments but none of them ever really let me down.

I started out with a 3x9x40 USA Burris signature series on my ruger 77/44 but it went fuzzy.I have since sent it back to Burris for repair/replacement the reason for the Leupold purchase since Michigan deer gun season starts Nov 15th.Leupold is mounted fits pretty well headed out tomorrow to sight it in.Most of my scopes are weaver grand slam or super slam.Tried Leupold this time around wait and see approach I guess.Thanks..

Last edited by coobie; 10/23/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40 with the B&C reticle on my old Pre-64 Mod.70 Featherweight 30-06. I don't twist turrets on Leupold scopes. One of my friends is a dedicated sheep hunter and for years he has used the same scope in the VX3 version and he ha no pans to replace it. He runs it on a custom Mod. 70 "Classic" in .270 Winchester and 140 grain Barnes X bullets of some flavor.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1ak- not really poking fun but your ":he ha no pans" statement reminds me of half of my talk to text to Siri. lol

Just made me giggle when I read it . I know what you meant though. I really like the Leupold but the Burris I bought for less than half is every bit as bright - I tested pretty intensely- and the dials are about identical- both could be better. The Leupold is lighter and slimmer than this particular Burris though.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Well this was a waste of a good thread after BS showed up.

God, Family, and Guns. Be strong in your beliefs and work hard.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lw308
Well this was a waste of a good thread after BS showed up.

You may notice a trend.

. Confucius
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One more thing I like about the Leupy 3.5-10x40 is the scope tube is long enough to easily mount on a 30-06 length action. Their 2.5-8x36 barely has enough room and the 3-9x42 Nightforce SHV is the same way.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I may get chastised, but I’m going to get another one for a Savage 99 I have. They are fine for the deer and pig hunting I do.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just bought one in honor of this thread!!

C
coobie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sid Gray
I just bought one in honor of this thread!!
. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't imagine you'd need more than 4 or 6X magnification on a .44, perhaps a 1-4x24 or a 1-6x24 variable such as the Super Chicken (SWFA SS or SS HD), or, if you really feel you need more magnification, a 3-9x36 such as a Zeiss Diavari or an older Leupold M8. Personally, I wouldn't consider a new Leupold. A Weaver K4, might be a good option as well.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/28/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
C
coobie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I can't imagine you'd need more than 4 or 6X magnification on a .44, perhaps a 1-4x24 or a 1-6x24 variable such as the Super Chicken (SWFA SS or SS HD), or, if you really feel you need more magnification, a 3-9x36 such as a Zeiss Diavari or an older Leupold M8. Personally, I wouldn't consider a new Leupold. A Weaver K4, might be a good option as well.
Its a done deal on the Leupold already mounted/sighted in ready to take to the Michigan deer woods.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its a done deal on the Leupold already mounted/sighted in ready to take to the Michigan deer woods.

Duly noted and I wish you luck with your new rig.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
C
coobie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

Duly noted and I wish you luck with your new rig.
Thank you sir..

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,315
Posts18,487,290
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.