Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
gunzo,

"The Clinton years were crazy for many items, but one distinct memory was primers. They nearly dried up over night. Hi cap mags, if you could find them were double to 4 times retail."

The Clinton years were also when the Internet started coming into more common use, and rumors started floating faster. One was that somehow the anti-gunners had arranged for primers to "go dud" within six months, so it didn't do any good to hoard newer primers. Which if course turned out to be utter BS.

The Clinton panic, however, did not last nearly as long as the Obama panic. I am hoping this one won't last very long either, but have my doubts. I think a lot of people have learned what some of us learned during earlier panics, to keep more stuff on hand.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Internet / social media drives it.

Years past that wasn’t the case. It would have been contained to smaller areas. And spread a lot slower, if at all.

Who else woulda run out and bought the TP without seeing something on FB?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by logger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
You think this is bad....read up on the Tulip craze of the 1920's.

I thought that was in the 1620s?

You're right...I had a brain fart. Seems like it reached its peak later though, around 1640. I can't figure out what I was thinking about in the 1920's that was connected in my mind to the tulip craze. Some other commodity that was frivolous and pointless.

I think that maybe the big deal in the 20's was "land" in Florida.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I didn't know could not live without an AR15 until I read it here. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I didn't know could not live without an AR15 until I read it here. laugh

I'm apparently not alive! smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
gunzo,

"The Clinton years were crazy for many items, but one distinct memory was primers. They nearly dried up over night. Hi cap mags, if you could find them were double to 4 times retail."

The Clinton years were also when the Internet started coming into more common use, and rumors started floating faster. One was that somehow the anti-gunners had arranged for primers to "go dud" within six months, so it didn't do any good to hoard newer primers. Which if course turned out to be utter BS.

The Clinton panic, however, did not last nearly as long as the Obama panic. I am hoping this one won't last very long either, but have my doubts. I think a lot of people have learned what some of us learned during earlier panics, to keep more stuff on hand.

Yes sir, but now if you do that you’re labeled a hoarder by the ones caught flat footed and out of luck.

Swifty
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
gunzo,

Yes sir, but now if you do that you’re labeled a hoarder by the ones caught flat footed and out of luck.

And, if you are, and always have been, well-supplied, and you point out the panic, you will be labeled as being one of the foolish virgins who failed to have a supply of oil for their lamps.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Panics are free? Why buy one? laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,011
Posts18,481,492
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.