Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Rush is the king of talk radio. Back in the seventies I was listening to Neal Boortz in Atlanta on am 640. He was real good, a libertarian.
He was not syndicated and I don't think there were any syndicated talk shows at that time.

Talk radio was going nowhere, slowly.
Limbaugh hit Atlanta in 1989, he was also on am 640. And he was syndicated when he made it in Atlanta he was then on in about 200 cities. Limbaugh revitalized talk radio.
Boortz got the idea, and when he got syndicated and was on about 340 stations.

Today Limbaugh is on about 640 stations, Hannity on about 600 and Dave Ramsey is third, on about 580 stations. Without resorting to google that is a pretty good look at the lineup.

Boortz never failed to praise Limbaugh and called him "The Godfather."

Your wrong, Stern is the king of radio.... more listeners and more $$....

If you added the IQ’s from his total listening base, it still wouldn’t break 100. You might want to check your status while you’re at it.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Again, posting the last 3 paragraphs of Rush’s comments from yesterday. Is nobody reading this?

There was no way. I didn’t share that with anybody. So given that as a starting point, given that as a baseline, I’m kicking butt — and the future remains pretty good-looking, given all of that. This is why I say that I always try to keep everything in perspective on a day-to-day basis and to realize that you just don’t know. Nobody does, and you have to give every day…

You know, I’ve loved to point out we all only get one life. We don’t get a do-over in the… Well, we do. Actually, we get a do-over every day if we choose to look at it that way. Once we’re old enough and mature enough to understand what life is and that there is only one, then you do get do-overs, an opportunity to fix what you think you might not have done so well the day before, which is an operative philosophy of mine.

But the fact that I have that option and that opportunity compared to where I thought I would be at this time? I mean, that’s “go get the hallelujah chorus and have ’em start singing to me,” because that’s exactly where this is — and the future? Far more optimistic than pessimistic, attitudinally, to me, because of the support systems I have, the people that are helping me, family. Ooh! Anyway, that’s it.

everybody already has him dead.....he seems pretty upbeat......bob

Everyone is too busy arguing or trying to make a feeble point and no one is listening. Typical behavior on the Campfire.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
a druggie as well as a draft dodger and married 4 times. rush made 25-35 million a year telling people what they already know. pelosi lied...schumer is a liberal....feminists hate men... the press hates the GOP.... LGBTQ hates straight people. he also played a major role in destroying Perot and Pat buchanan while pushing RINO's like dole mc cain the bushes romney on the people voting GOP. he is an actor and I say he has joined the deep state years ago

Originally Posted by rockinbbar

todays conservatives like limbaugh would have been rightly called communists 50 years ago with their 28 trillion dollar deficits anti racist crusades NSA homoland security TSA multi trillion dollar police / spying state trillions spent on wars for israel wide open borders for non whites only. limbaugh and all the others would have been to liberal to be allowed in the democrat party in the 50's

You are a complete, blithering idiot.

From what you post here, the only man that measures up to your standards was Hitler.

that is the only thing you have been right about. limbaugh destroyed Ross Perot who woulda done something about the deficits and mainly offshoring manufacturing. he riuned Pat Buchanan who in the early 90's predicted the intentional browning of the country and that we would be fighting multi trillion dollar wars for pissrael. they were real conservatives and rush destroyed them under orders from the deep state

What a strange person. I seem to see, for the most part, eye to eye with you politically, minus the tin foil hat and racist stuff. However, every time I read more than one of your posts I get the desire to search Big Stick's posts to calm myself. I hope you get well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mad_Max

What a strange person. I seem to see, for the most part, eye to eye with you politically, minus the tin foil hat and racist stuff. However, every time I read more than one of your posts I get the desire to search Big Stick's posts to calm myself. I hope you get well.

LMAO. GOOD ONE!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Rush is the king of talk radio. Back in the seventies I was listening to Neal Boortz in Atlanta on am 640. He was real good, a libertarian.
He was not syndicated and I don't think there were any syndicated talk shows at that time.

Limbaugh hit Atlanta in 1989, he was also on am 640. And he was syndicated when he made it in Atlanta he was then on in about 200 cities. Limbaugh revitalized talk radio.

Today Limbaugh is on about 640 stations, Hannity on about 600 and Dave Ramsey is third, on about 580 stations. Without resorting to google that is a pretty good look at the lineup.

Your wrong. Stern is the king of sleaze radio. He has the most low-brow listeners that go for that kind of stuff.

Rush was always way over their heads.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I never listened to Stern but I remember when he was a big media buzz and coworkers and whatnot talking about him. I haven’t heard anyone mention Howard Stern in years.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Hookset
Cancer always wins, eventually. That said, I don't know anything about Rush's particular circumstances but I learned this from my wife's recent 4-year battle with metastatic breast cancer - you never know what's going to happen next. Sometimes when things seem to be going well, you get knocked down with bad news. Then other times when it looks like it's finally lost, a new treatment comes along that changes things for the better. It can be a roller coaster.
I'm not saying that Rush isn't making the final approach, but I've seen good news arrive during the darkest hours.

It doesn't always win...................I'm proof!

The Curse Causeless Shall Not Come

https://www.biri.org/pdf/The_Curse_Causeless.pdf

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Stern IS the highest paid radio guy. Rush however, has the biggest audience...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

a druggie as well as a draft dodger and married 4 times. rush made 25-35 million a year telling people what they already know. pelosi lied...schumer is a liberal....feminists hate men... the press hates the GOP.... LGBTQ hates straight people. he also played a major role in destroying Perot and Pat buchanan while pushing RINO's like dole mc cain the bushes romney on the people voting GOP. he is an actor and I say he has joined the deep state years ago

todays conservatives like limbaugh would have been rightly called communists 50 years ago with their 28 trillion dollar deficits anti racist crusades NSA homoland security TSA multi trillion dollar police / spying state trillions spent on wars for israel wide open borders for non whites only. limbaugh and all the others would have been to liberal to be allowed in the democrat party in the 50's

From what you post here, the only man that measures up to your standards was Hitler.

that is the only thing you have been right about. limbaugh destroyed Ross Perot who woulda done something about the deficits and mainly offshoring manufacturing. he riuned Pat Buchanan who in the early 90's predicted the intentional browning of the country and that we would be fighting multi trillion dollar wars for pissrael. they were real conservatives and rush destroyed them under orders from the deep state

well then you aint really Mad Max LOL
everything I posted is true and making brainwashed people believe it is like telling a guy his son is a drug addict after showing him ten videos of the son shooting up with the father denying it

Last edited by SPQR70AD; 10/22/20.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Hint.....laughing. What this thread needs is a picture of a fish next to a gun....

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Y'all hear what he just said that Leslie Stall asked him?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
Y'all hear what he just said that Leslie Stall asked him?

Yes.

Mrs. Stallin asked if Rush would calm his audience after a Trump loss, or urge them into the streets to burn and pillage.

Stupid bitch.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yes, she would be.
Rush said she posed it as "when he loses", seems very confident for such a supposedly tight race.

FJB & FJT
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well, there's now two more azzholes in Ignore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Estimates of Rush's net worth are based on salary.

Rush was all in on AAPL before Forest Gump was.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I disagree. Rush, as a believer, won the big battle years ago. He has carried the ball for us as HE appointed him to do and now the ball can be handed over to Trump.

If Trump is reelected he will destroy the Dimocrap party.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

FACTCHECKER.GOV indicates that you're a China bot influencer

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I didn't get to listen to Rush today but yesterday he was very upbeat. He knows the reality of living, as he has said he is the major of Realville. My Grandpa used to tell me none of us have a leash on tomorrow and Rush understands that. He might get help yet from these treatments and he may not. Some of us might not wake up in the morning either. Some day he will be gone. Those of us that like him and are still around will miss him. He has been a part of many good things.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I’m 34 years old and I remember riding with my dad when he was my age now, listening to Rush. Oh, to go back to those times. I find myself listening to Rush religiously now. He’s a national treasure and I hope we can find somebody to fill his shoes. God bless him.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I listened to him a few times. The last time was years ago when he was talking about how the USAF was secretly promoting female enlisted troops who otherwise didn’t deserve it by padding their test scores. It was a complete fabrication and out right lie.
He is a liar and I wouldn’t waste a minute of my time listening to him again.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (153, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,693
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.