Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by stxhunter

my eye doctor buddy who pretty much grew up with my brothers and I and put himself through school working for me, moved back from PA after he sold his practice, he loves playing golf and bought a extra set of clubs so i could play when i have time. You would never know he is Dr if you met him, shorts t [bleep] and flip flops.

I get it.

But most golf courses I've been around won't let you tee off if you're dressed like that.

What? You gotta be dressed like a coked out Cuban pimp?

Only if you're John Daly.

That dudes pretty cool.

Even for a golfer.

I am MAGA.
GB4

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
John Daly is definitely 'the guy momma warned you about". Google some Youtube of him and Kid Rock playing some charity tournaments.

He went over yonder way
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by lvmiker
The only people that are not entitled to mock golfers are birdwatchers and reenactors, except for KW, he is cool w/out trying.

mike r

Do you play golf? Or do lay out quietly in the woods all day long, ignoring the fire ants, claymore buried in the sand trap, smoking a cigarette while waiting for golfers to enter the kill zone?

Or did I get the last part backwards?

No one smokes while in ambush,dumbass

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Alright, I golf. Actually golf a lot. Even do it for a living - work in the industry that is. A few tips for the newbie:

Those plaid shorts of yours? Perfect.

Only drink beer while on the course (preferably Bud Light in cans) - clubhouse is for martinis or Manhattan type cocktails.

Golf carts are okay, NEVER carry your clubs or egads, a pull cart. Caddies are even better. $50 minimum tip.

Even if you play with Topflite brand balls or the like; when someone asks you "what are you playing" when you have a lost ball, always say "Pro V1". They'll think you're a baller. Maybe you'll get a free $5 ball out of the deal.

Gimmes are only taken when offered. That being said, offer the first gimme. It'll soften up your playing partner.

Footwedge only when you're positive you can't be seen. Same with taking a piss - make sure you're in the woods out-of-bounds. This will come after multiple Bud Lights and there's never a restroom around when you need it on a golf course. Regarding going #2, plan ahead. Golf towels can be used in a pinch. BTDT.

Only yell FORE when you're reasonably sure someone is going to get hit. Maybe for near misses too. Keep it to a minimum. People will think you're a hack if you do it too much.

Don't throw clubs, yell expletives, or have a general temper tantrum when you hit a bad shot. It's inevitable in golf, even for the best pros. Quiet pain like an Apache being thrown off a cliff also shows you're a baller.

When you shank one 2 fairways over, own it. When you hit it on the green from there people will think you're a baller.

Too much time at the ball washer and people will talk.

Tip when they take the clubs from your car, tip the help that cleans and loads your clubs after the round, and for the love of God - tip the beer cart girl well. She'll come back to see you more often.

You're away, sir.

I've got to rethink my anti golf thing I'm picking up what you're putting down here CF cool

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I find watching golf on a Saturday is a great way to take a nap.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually golfing is much more fun than watching golf on tv.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dassa
I find watching golf on a Saturday is a great way to take a nap.

I used to like watching it with level 10 hangovers back in my heavy drinkin days... all that soft green and whispering was soothing

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Salty, there's a couple of those tournaments now where one of the Par 3's is completely surrounded by grandstands. Like a Metallica concert when guys step up on the box and drop one a foot from the hole.

He went over yonder way
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The only people that are not entitled to mock golfers are birdwatchers and reenactors, except for KW, he is cool w/out trying.

mike r

Do you play golf? Or do lay out quietly in the woods all day long, ignoring the fire ants, claymore buried in the sand trap, smoking a cigarette while waiting for golfers to enter the kill zone?

mike r

It’s all good, the way I look at it, laying out there, you get to enjoy golf too

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Remsen
Remsen,
Did you see little Tarqueens meltdown?

LOL

Indeed, I did. I was most impressed that he seemed to think that having a wife who pays the bills was somehow a negative. My wife pulls down seven figures as I post pictures of soup. I am proud of that.

Matzo Ball?

Chiggen paws!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

mike r

mike r

It’s all good, the way I look at it, laying out there, you get to enjoy golf too

You try too hard.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 79S
I took this sport up a couple months ago and I couldn't believe the number of parallels between hunting and shooting.

I play four to five days a week since the Believers shut down my local USPSA. It has been a fine substitute.

Does anybody else here love golf?

I know duck911 loves golf. Maybe you two can link up and play couple games. Then enjoy some dessert coffee..xoxoxoxo

Yes, I have a 4 handicap. Played (intermural) in college. Was too busy parting to play collegiately.

Love me some golf, 2-3 days a week (rounds), another day or two pitching and putting for practice.

I have a hard time believing any respectable golf course would let deflave in the course. If for no other reason than drunk driving, rolling golf carts.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by stxhunter

my eye doctor buddy who pretty much grew up with my brothers and I and put himself through school working for me, moved back from PA after he sold his practice, he loves playing golf and bought a extra set of clubs so i could play when i have time. You would never know he is Dr if you met him, shorts t [bleep] and flip flops.

I get it.

But most golf courses I've been around won't let you tee off if you're dressed like that.

What? You gotta be dressed like a coked out Cuban pimp?

Only if you're John Daly.

That dudes pretty cool.

Even for a golfer.

If'n you want to meet JD, go to Augusta, GA the first weekend in April. Look for a quarter million dollar RV parked along side Hooter's on Washington (main drag). $20 bucks gets you a t-shirt with his signature on it. It may or may not have a cigarette burn on it too.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Alright, I golf. Actually golf a lot. Even do it for a living - work in the industry that is. A few tips for the newbie:

Those plaid shorts of yours? Perfect.

Only drink beer while on the course (preferably Bud Light in cans) - clubhouse is for martinis or Manhattan type cocktails.

Golf carts are okay, NEVER carry your clubs or egads, a pull cart. Caddies are even better. $50 minimum tip.

Even if you play with Topflite brand balls or the like; when someone asks you "what are you playing" when you have a lost ball, always say "Pro V1". They'll think you're a baller. Maybe you'll get a free $5 ball out of the deal.

Gimmes are only taken when offered. That being said, offer the first gimme. It'll soften up your playing partner.

Footwedge only when you're positive you can't be seen. Same with taking a piss - make sure you're in the woods out-of-bounds. This will come after multiple Bud Lights and there's never a restroom around when you need it on a golf course. Regarding going #2, plan ahead. Golf towels can be used in a pinch. BTDT.

Only yell FORE when you're reasonably sure someone is going to get hit. Maybe for near misses too. Keep it to a minimum. People will think you're a hack if you do it too much.

Don't throw clubs, yell expletives, or have a general temper tantrum when you hit a bad shot. It's inevitable in golf, even for the best pros. Quiet pain like an Apache being thrown off a cliff also shows you're a baller.

When you shank one 2 fairways over, own it. When you hit it on the green from there people will think you're a baller.

Too much time at the ball washer and people will talk.

Tip when they take the clubs from your car, tip the help that cleans and loads your clubs after the round, and for the love of God - tip the beer cart girl well. She'll come back to see you more often.

You're away, sir.

LOL. Well done.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2

You don't bet golf then.

A few weeks ago, I agonized over a 45 foot putt in a playoff that dropped in and won me damn near $10k. I about chit my pants. Biggest golf hit ever for me.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by duck911

You don't bet golf then.

A few weeks ago, I agonized over a 45 foot putt in a playoff that dropped in and won me damn near $10k. I about chit my pants. Biggest golf hit ever for me.

Between betting on the NF and golf, you ain’t done bad, duck.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by duck911

You don't bet golf then.

Between betting on the NF and golf, you ain’t done bad, duck.

Notice I don't post about my losses laugh

I am a profitable sports bettor, with about a 23% ROI over the last 5 years.... but it ebbs and flows. I have had a great 2 weeks in NFL (went small on tonight's NFL game but cleared $142). But I can go weeks in the tank.

It is not about big glitzy hits, it is about grinding out profit over time.

But the science, math, and research behind it is fun, since I am very analytical.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Little ball in a little hole? Really?

Go get the ball after you hit it ? Pfffffffff

Duck, you are so full of chit too

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I took this sport up a couple months ago and I couldn't believe the number of parallels between hunting and shooting.

I play four to five days a week since the Believers shut down my local USPSA. It has been a fine substitute.

Does anybody else here love golf?

Use to play up until 25 years ago. It was a real epiphany, realizing all the time wasted playing a game I really did not enjoy. Kind of like not watching sports that last few years.

Arcus Venator
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Little ball in a little hole? Really?

Go get the ball after you hit it ? Pfffffffff

Duck, you are so full of chit too

Am I???

GFY. You know nothing about me, idiot.

Here is a nice little hit recently:

[Linked Image]

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 11 of 116 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 73 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,957
Posts18,480,454
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.