Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Oh ya, when the first guy "loans it" to the next guy!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I just tell them, "Just drive down to General Equipment in Weaverville and you can rent a chain saw, nearly as good as the one I own that you want to borrow."

I don't lend out tools.

#digk

Yeah, I am just a Bad Man. Selfish B*&&%$!!

Several years ago I loaned my nice Stihl Farm Boss to a neighbor. This guy was my best friend. He returned it a week later it looked great. Plus he has filled it up with gas and oil.
A few days later I cranked up my Stihl. It ran real fast for 30 seconds, then put out a puff of blue smoke, and it conked out. I took it to the shop. My neighbor had filled it up with straight gas with no oil. $350 chain saw destroyed.

"Neither a borrow nor a lender be. For borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry, and a loan often loses both itself and friend."

You probably don't know who I am referring to but that is Shakespeare from 400 years ago. Some things never change.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I just tell them, "Just drive down to General Equipment in Weaverville and you can rent a chain saw, nearly as good as the one I own that you want to borrow."

I don't lend out tools.

#digk

Yeah, I am just a Bad Man. Selfish B*&&%$!!

Several years ago I loaned my nice Stihl Farm Boss to a neighbor. This guy was my best friend. He returned it a week later it looked great. Plus he has filled it up with gas and oil.
A few days later I cranked up my Stihl. It ran real fast for 30 seconds, then put out a puff of blue smoke, and it conked out. I took it to the shop. My neighbor had filled it up with straight gas with no oil. $350 chain saw destroyed.

"Neither a borrow nor a lender be. For borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry, and a loan often loses both itself and friend."

You probably don't know who I am referring to but that is Shakespeare from 400 years ago. Some things never change.

Ive loaned a chainsaw, but premix fuel and oil goes with it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
my old man had a philosophy that if you borrowed something you returned it in better shape than you got it

I remember someone built some make shift disc that dug up potatoes and my old man had a bumper crop of them that year so he borrowed that.

After he was done, we stripped it down, painted it, greased it and sharpened the discs with a file

but I do agree with those about borrowing stuff. If I borrow it I'm gonna break the damn thing and then end up buying it twice. Now renting a tool....I'll wear that sumbitch out

Last edited by KFWA; 10/23/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i lend and borrow a few things with a very few people. been a while since i got screwed. probably about due.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hey, I brought you some tomatoes.

Me- Thanks! Awesome!

Him- Can I borrow some tools?

Me- Oh, I get it now.

LOL
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
There are some that do it right.

I had a lady need to borrow our extra vehicle. He's got tore up in a no-fault accident, she was waiting on the other's insurance, etc.

I loaned it to her with just over 1/2 tank of gas.

She returned it full of gas and had the oil changed since the window sticker was within ~200 miles.

There are some types you loan to and some you don't. Just as there are some items you loan and others you never do.

Had a neighbor ask to borrow a chain saw. I have a beater Poulan for such a purpose. I no sooner let him borrow it and see sparks off the chain. I tell him "they sell chan and bar sets at Wal-Mart for that saw." He looked confused by that.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,126
Posts18,502,517
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.