-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just an aside concerning the issue of separation of church and state issue I see alluded to here and there. Most have no idea what the Founding Fathers’ wanted to prevent with that concept. It was what Constantine formed in the 4th century when as emperor he joined the Roman church with the empire, making them co-extensive, and linked irrevocably by infant baptism. He wanted a universal (small “c” catholic) church so the Roman Church became the Roman Catholic Church.

You were born into the empire and Christianity simultaneously by the sacrament of infant baptism. Of course this greatly diluted true Christianity by immediately including what was mostly a pagan Roman Empire. But to the point of the Founders, from that point through the Reformation and at many points in between, the church used the state as a tool to suppress and kill “heretics” and dissenters. The church ruled through and via the state.

We’ve been hoodwinked by the humanist culture for sixty years that separation means taking prayer and scripture out of public education, the Ten Commandments off of court house walls, and crosses that are landmarks down; no praying in the public square, or at sporting events, and so forth.

Instead of the church being strong and informing the culture, the culture has informed and cowed the church which for the most part during our lives, has been week. And if it had been strong, the subject of this thread wouldn’t be that much of an issue.

The founders didn’t want Christianity out of the state; in fact, they almost all shared the sentiment that a republic couldn’t stand without a moral (emanating from religion) publi. They just didn’t want Christianity or any religion to control the state and use it to their own end.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 10/23/20.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
DBT, I did not say they are not.

I said it because some folks don't think so....it wasn't aimed at you. I should have been clearer.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
DBT, what makes you think they are Christians? Watch what the do, not what they say.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
DBT, what makes you think they are Christians? Watch what the do, not what they say.

Catholics believe in Jesus as the saviour.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by 16bore
There are no levels of sin.
Then why is there a sin that can't be forgiven?

What sin is that?

sin against the Holy Spirit

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Mt 12:31: Therefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Like saying G-dam or G-dammit or cursing at God when you're angry/sad/upset??

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The United Methodist Church is not so pure in this regard.

All organized religions will turn against the Word, just as they did to crucify JESUS. They are now in the process of crucifying HIM again, by their words and deeds.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by 16bore
There are no levels of sin.
Then why is there a sin that can't be forgiven?

What sin is that?

sin against the Holy Spirit

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Mt 12:31: Therefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Like saying G-dam or G-dammit or cursing at God when you're angry/sad/upset??

Those are well covered in the 10 Commandments.

Blasphemy towards the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable.

Big difference.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Just an aside concerning the issue of separation of church and state issue I see alluded to here and there. Most have no idea what the Founding Fathers’ wanted to prevent with that concept. It was what Constantine formed in the 4th century when as emperor he joined the Roman church with the empire, making them co-extensive, and linked irrevocably by infant baptism. He wanted a universal (small “c” catholic) church so the Roman Church became the Roman Catholic Church.

You were born into the empire and Christianity simultaneously by the sacrament of infant baptism. Of course this greatly diluted true Christianity by immediately including what was mostly a pagan Roman Empire. But to the point of the Founders, from that point through the Reformation and at many points in between, the church used the state as a tool to suppress and kill “heretics” and dissenters. The church ruled through and via the state.

We’ve been hoodwinked by the humanist culture for sixty years that separation means taking prayer and scripture out of public education, the Ten Commandments off of court house walls, and crosses that are landmarks down; no praying in the public square, or at sporting events, and so forth.

Instead of the church being strong and informing the culture, the culture has informed and cowed the church which for the most part during our lives, has been week. And if it had been strong, the subject of this thread wouldn’t be that much of an issue.

The founders didn’t want Christianity out of the state; in fact, they almost all shared the sentiment that a republic couldn’t stand without a moral (emanating from religion) publi. They just didn’t want Christianity or any religion to control the state and use it to their own end.

Good Points G De.

I think ALSO the Founding Fathers had come out of England's control WHICH included the ?church?
They did NOT want any similitude of Kingship (Queenship) or Religious CONTROL !!

Separation of powers so to speak - Government / Religion.

I agree that they did NOT want Christianity OUT of the state ! For many years Congress opened sessions with PRAYER!
Many will DENY that but it's a Matter of RECORD.

Reference to God & His Word are many in US History. ?? maybe why History has NOT been taught. ??

What our young people have NOT been taught is the REASON so many things today are Protested.
They DON'T know what they don't know.

Shame ! Shame!

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'll just take that as a yes. So, if that's the case, am I screwed when it comes to going to heaven?

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The United Methodist Church is not so pure in this regard.

All organized religions will turn against the Word, just as they did to crucify JESUS. They are now in the process of crucifying HIM again, by their words and deeds.

Strongly disagree, Brother Jag.

“They” are convicting their own souls thus crucifying themselves via their very own words and their actions.

He was crucified - once. - for us, not twice.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I'll just take that as a yes. So, if that's the case, am I screwed when it comes to going to heaven?

That’s presently in your own hands and your own control.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Old Toot, I'm tired and I feel like we're dancing around this question. I give up.....

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Old Toot, I'm tired and I feel like we're dancing around this question. I give up.....

Speak clearly and ask specifically what you want to know.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Iirc, our Founders never mentiomed separation of church and state. They provided govt not to interfere with church, not vice versa. In fact, for decades there were legal requirements people who ran for office had to profess a religious belief in God if not Jesus.

The had no idea muzzies and witches would come to take advantage of our religious freedoms as they never considered muzzies and their god were a real religion, which, btw, they are more a political consort.

Thats why our founders came up with swearing an oath on the Holy Bible to take office or testify in court.
To them, to have freedom of religion meant being able to worship God and Jesus as one wished. They provided no options for goat fuggers or witch worshippers. Satans tares provided that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Iirc, our Founders never mentiomed separation of church and state. They provided govt not to interfere with church, not vice versa. In fact, for decades there were legal requirements people who ran for office had to profess a religious belief in God if not Jesus.

The had no idea muzzies and witches would come to take advantage of our religious freedoms as they never considered muzzies and their god were a real religion, which, btw, they are more a political consort.

Thats why our founders came up with swearing an oath on the Holy Bible to take office or testify in court.
To them, to have freedom of religion meant being able to worship God and Jesus as one wished. They provided no options for goat fuggers or witch worshippers. Satans tares provided that.

Or to not worship any Entity at all.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
jag & O T

Our "A C L U" has TAKEN advantage of our freedoms and made us SLAVES to them.
And to take ADVANTAGE of us.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That’s right I think, though the phrase was attributed to Jefferson wrongly, IIRC. But they were aware of the concept — freedom of and from religion — which provide the environment in which Christianity flourished such that de Tocqueville thought it — rightly — the strength and uniqueness of America.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I may...
To me...Nope. Not at all. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is only committed when a person believes Jesus had a demon and by the power of the devil He performed His miracles. If you haven’t believed that, and said such, you have ‘not’ committed unforgivable sin...and you’re not screwed when it comes to going to Heaven. Just look at Mark 3:22-30:

And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebub! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.” So Jesus called them and spoke to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. In fact, no one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house. I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.” He said this because they were saying, “He has an evil spirit.”

Those guys committed blasphemy against the Holy Spirit when they believed and said Jesus had a demon and by the power of the devil he drove out demons. That is what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is. The only ones Jesus ever said committed unforgivable sin were the ones saying Jesus had an evil spirit and by the power of the devil He was driving out demons.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Since all sin is equivalent, all laws should have the same penalty, 5 Hail Mary's, a 25 dollar fine, followed by death by stoning.
All sins are equivalent ’in the sense’ that they ALL separate us from God. ’That’ is the point that has been made.

They all separate you from God equally?
With such trivial "sins" creating this alleged separation how is everyone not always separated from God?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
J

We’ve been hoodwinked by the humanist culture for sixty years that separation means

The Constitution says that "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion.

What does that have to do with "taking prayer and scripture out of public education, the Ten Commandments off of court house walls, and crosses that are landmarks down; no praying in the public square, or at sporting events, and so forth."

Nothing.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 54 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,308
Posts18,487,182
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.