Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Originally Posted by tzone
Yeah I was probably that kid. And every time I'm in the woods I thank good Lord they let me tag along with them. My buddy Jesse and his dad would always allow me to come along. I loved hunting but my dad didn't. Jim and Jesse dragged me to their cabin, their deer hunting spot (which I still hunt), grouse hunting, fishing... all of it.

About 10 years ago at a family party at their house I looked him in the eye, shook his hand and let him know he's a HUGE reason I have the passion for the woods and the water that I do. He had tears in his eyes and said he had no idea it had that effect on me. Well, it did.

I still can't hunt worth a crap and shoot about average. But out of sheer stubbornness I get a deer every now and again.

So, take those awkward kids in the woods with you.

We all need someone to say "you count", you are a "part of us", you are "with us", you "belong", you "matter", and we are "taking you with us", because "we want you" to be "a part of us", you "mean something to us". "Belonging" is one of the most awesome feelings in the world, and it has given hope, happiness, contentment,and a sense pride to countless people since the beginning of time I am sure.

Miss Lynn

Hey Miss Lynn

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Good post, Tzone. Good on you for letting them know what it meant to you.

Yep.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Originally Posted by tzone
Yeah I was probably that kid. And every time I'm in the woods I thank good Lord they let me tag along with them. My buddy Jesse and his dad would always allow me to come along. I loved hunting but my dad didn't. Jim and Jesse dragged me to their cabin, their deer hunting spot (which I still hunt), grouse hunting, fishing... all of it.

About 10 years ago at a family party at their house I looked him in the eye, shook his hand and let him know he's a HUGE reason I have the passion for the woods and the water that I do. He had tears in his eyes and said he had no idea it had that effect on me. Well, it did.

I still can't hunt worth a crap and shoot about average. But out of sheer stubbornness I get a deer every now and again.

So, take those awkward kids in the woods with you.

We all need someone to say "you count", you are a "part of us", you are "with us", you "belong", you "matter", and we are "taking you with us", because "we want you" to be "a part of us", you "mean something to us". "Belonging" is one of the most awesome feelings in the world, and it has given hope, happiness, contentment,and a sense pride to countless people since the beginning of time I am sure.

Miss Lynn

Bravo, that came from your heart.

Yep. Well said. Its hard to find women who want stumble bums or OTH guys to be part of them. frown

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/28/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

441 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,655
Posts18,533,871
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.