Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The particulars are disturbing in this story, the generalities horrifying. I see a need....for a lot of folks living life with blinders on that need to be motivated. I am NOT referring to the Campfire audience, but rather those that we know that do not frequent cyberspace for whatever reason. Contact these folks, give them numbers with which to contact politicians....we need to motivate the vast majority of America to speak out, much as they did with the recent immigration bill.

We need a LOT of noise on this folks. What we've done is good, it needs to get better. A good goal in my mind is to let the liberals know that it's not just the NRA...it is the People, and the PEOPLE have a right to self defense...among other things. It would be good if liberals soiled their shorts when contemplating an assault on our sport and our right.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I really don't think that DMB will mind my ripping this Off, and posting it here, ......as it defines well the views of one "Sitting Senatorial Oversight Committee Member" / OSHA

Obama Calls for Permanent Assault Weapons Ban to Combat Inner-City Violence
Sunday, July 15, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION

CHICAGO � Standing before a church congregation that has witnessed inner-city violence firsthand, Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Sunday that more must be done to end a social ill that is "sickening the soul of this nation."

Obama told churchgoers at the Vernon Park Church of God on Chicago's South Side that too many young lives are being claimed by violence and more must be done to combat the problem.

"From South Central L.A. to Newark, New Jersey, there's an epidemic of violence that's sickening the soul of this nation," the Illinois senator told the crowd. "The violence is unacceptable and it's got to stop."

Nearly three dozen Chicago students have been killed this year, according to Chicago Public Schools. Obama said that figure is higher than the number of Illinois serviceman who've died in Iraq in 2007.

"We need to express our collective anger through collective action," Obama said.

He said the government needs to permanently reinstate an assault weapons ban and close regulatory loopholes that protect unscrupulous gun dealers.

Dueling Iraq Speeches in Iowa for Obama, Clinton He also said government should support and fund more after-school programs to keep kids off the streets. But some of the burden must also be shouldered by residents who need to do more to raise and protect at-risk children, he added.

"We have an entire generation of young men in our society who have become products of violence, and we are going to have to break the cycle," Obama said. "There are too many young men out there who have gone down the wrong path."

He later added, "There's a reason they go out and shoot each other, because they don't love themselves. And the reason they don't love themselves is because we are not loving them enough."

I think that including it in this thread is appropriate, and thanks DMB for gettin' out.

These buggers ARE serious, ....insane, ...but serious.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/16/07.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seems to be the day to rip off other threads, but again, it seems appropriate to post this GOOD NEWS here.

GTC

Labor Department Announces It Will Revise Overreaching OSHA Explosives Rule

Monday, July 16, 2007

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) announced it will significantly revise a recent proposal for new �explosives safety� regulations that caused serious concern among gun owners. OSHA had originally set out to update workplace safety regulations, but the proposed rules included restrictions that very few gun shops, sporting goods stores, shippers, or ammunition dealers could comply with.

Gun owners had filed a blizzard of negative comments urged by the NRA, and just a week ago, OSHA had already issued one extension for its public comment period at the request of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. After continued publicity through NRA alerts and the outdoor media, and after dozens of Members of Congress expressed concern about its impact, OSHA has wisely decided to go back to the drawing board.

Working with the NRA, Congressman Denny Rehberg (R-MT) planned to offer a floor amendment to the Labor-HHS appropriations bill this Wednesday when the House considers this legislation. His amendment would have prohibited federal funds from being used to enforce this OSHA regulation.

Such an amendment is no longer necessary since Kristine A. Iverson, the Labor Department�s Assistant Secretary for Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs, sent Rep. Rehberg a letter, dated July 16, stating that it �was never the intention of OSHA to block the sale, transportation, or storage of small arms ammunition, and OSHA is taking prompt action to revise� this proposed rule to clarify the purpose of the regulation.

Also, working with the NRA, Congressman Doug Lamborn (R-CO) gathered signatures from 25 House colleagues for a letter, dated July 11, expressing concerns about this proposed OSHA rule. The letter calling the proposal �an undue burden on a single industry where facts do not support the need outlined by this proposed rule� and �not feasible, making it realistically impossible for companies to comply with its tenets.�

The OSHA proposal would have defined �explosives� to include �black powder, � small arms ammunition, small arms ammunition primers, [and] smokeless propellant,� and treated these items the same as the most volatile high explosives.

Under the proposed rule, a workplace that contained even a handful of small arms cartridges, for any reason, would have been considered a �facility containing explosives� and therefore subject to many impractical restrictions. For example, no one could carry �firearms, ammunition, or similar articles in facilities containing explosives � except as required for work duties.� Obviously, this rule would make it impossible to operate any kind of gun store, firing range, or gunsmith shop.

The public comment website for the proposed rule is no longer accessible. The Labor Department will publish a notice in the July 17 Federal Register announcing that a new rule proposal will soon be drafted for public comment. Needless to say, the NRA monitors proposed federal regulations to head off this kind of overreach, and will be alert for OSHA�s next draft.

Read the letter to Cong. Rehberg from the Labor Dept.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
btt

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Gun owners had filed a blizzard of negative comments urged by the NRA, and just a week ago, OSHA had already issued one extension for its public comment period at the request of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. After continued publicity through NRA alerts and the outdoor media, and after dozens of Members of Congress expressed concern about its impact, OSHA has wisely decided to go back to the drawing board.

Working with the NRA, Congressman Denny Rehberg (R-MT) planned to offer a floor amendment to the Labor-HHS appropriations bill this Wednesday when the House considers this legislation. His amendment would have prohibited federal funds from being used to enforce this OSHA regulation.

OH Jeez, I think I wet my drawers while I was rolling around on the floor lmao. laugh

Bless you all for pitching in....and let's not take this as a victory 'cause the fat lady hasn't sung yet......

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Freedom, shall prevail lest we forget yesterday's fight.........

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My Gut says this ain't over, we're just taking intermission, going out to take a ...., refresh our selves.

Act 2 follows.

and all of the 52 pages of "Language" still exist, in hard copy, and on hard drives........for their "Referance Material"

I say go foward with the proposed amendmant to nut this OSHA monster, and than fatten it for the kill.

We're inclined to be a bit benevolent, on winning .....and it's gonna' get us, in the end, if we don't temper it with some practical, and I guess vengeful wrath.

DEMAND accountability, and nothing less.

Heads, on pikes.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/16/07.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
2283 now............Page 1, of 92.

HMmm, that's kinda' shiny.

Check it out.

GTC

Link:
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocketDetail&d=OSHA-2007-0032

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/17/07.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Kinda looks like the comment volume went geometric over the last few days and that's a GOOD thing. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We need to find out if the "Responses" are going to the right "Docket Number", ....or a Vacant adress.

Seems to me that the numerology was supposed to change, but that was per NRA ILA bulletin, ....No?

any thoughts on that...?

I'm confused.

GTC

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
My Gut says this ain't over, we're just taking intermission, going out to take a ...., refresh our selves.

Act 2 follows.

and all of the 52 pages of "Language" still exist, in hard copy, and on hard drives........for their "Referance Material"

I say go foward with the proposed amendmant to nut this OSHA monster, and than fatten it for the kill.

We're inclined to be a bit benevolent, on winning .....and it's gonna' get us, in the end, if we don't temper it with some practical, and I guess vengeful wrath.

DEMAND accountability, and nothing less.

Heads, on pikes.

GTC

Dang, I like you more and more with each post...

I take back all the mean things I said...

I had the 4th comment on there; I feel kinda special (not the short bus special either).

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
We need to find out if the "Responses" are going to the right "Docket Number", ....or a Vacant adress.

They've closed the comment period (and therefore shut down the comment page) until they post the new proposal.

You can still see the old proposal--just have to check the box for "all proposed rules" instead of the default setting, which is "rules open for comment."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hmm, very early this AM, ....the "Comments" Numbered 2283. now a little over 10 hours later, they're at 2484.......per the link above.

I guess they're going to post eveything that came in before closing the comment period?

Nice to see those numbers stacking up, regardless.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Something else is not right. The comments posted go from 7-2 to 7-9. I posted on 7-5 and received an email with a tracking number from OSHA. However when I search on that tracking number it comes back with "not found".

Bill
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
2712!

Bill, I think there are two different places to put comments at this point, one for the original proposal and another for the extension. Maybe you got crosswise with the two?

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I read a moment ago that Rush went off on this again today. Anybody catch his commentary?

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR

Occupational Safety and Health Administration

29 CFR Part 1910

[Docket No. OSHA-2007-0032 (Formerly Docket No. OSHA-S031-2006-0665 and
OSHA Docket No. S-031)]
RIN 1218-AC09

Explosives

AGENCY: Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA),
Department of Labor.

ACTION: Proposed rule; close of comment period.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY: On April 13, 2007, the U.S. Department of Labor published a
proposed rule entitled Explosives with a comment period that ended 7/
12/2007. On July 9, 2007, the comment period was extended to 9/10/2007.
At this time the U.S. Department of Labor is closing the comment period
effective July 17, 2007. The Department intends to re-propose the
Explosives NPRM at a later date in order to clarify the intent of the
rulemaking.

DATES: The comment period for the proposed rule published on April 13,
2007 (72 FR 18792) is closed effective July 17, 2007.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: For general information and press
inquiries, contact Mr. Kevin Ropp, Office of Communications, Room N-
3647, OSHA, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue, NW.,
Washington, DC 20210; telephone (202) 693-1999. For technical
inquiries, contact Donald Pittenger, Directorate of Standards and
Guidance, Room N-3609, OSHA, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution
Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20210; telephone (202) 693-2255 or fax
(202) 693-1663.

Signed at Washington, DC, on July 13, 2007.
Edwin G. Foulke, Jr.,
Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health.
[FR Doc. E7-13925 Filed 7-16-07; 8:45 am]

The sun sets on a smoky battlefield as the medics help the wounded and others bury the dead. Sadly, this was only a battle, not the resolution of the war. The Second Battle of Little OSHA Hill looms on the horizon...... Yellow Hair is obligated, no, destined to attempt rallying his forces for another try at quelling the savage uprising....

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I caught a bit of this, sounds like OSHA is backpeddling......can't stand the heat! I'm not sure it's totally dead yet, but I think it might be.......... they know we're on to them, and their adgenda.
1D

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Fight....the Good Fight.

Stay the course...

We shall Champion Liberty, Defend Freedom....and Demand Justice.

[Linked Image]
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (32_20fan, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 20 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,663
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.