Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I can’t get used to the stock. It just doesn’t feel right.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don’t like having only 2.

They are lonely. That makes me feel bad.

I’d be happier if they were sold for less $$$$$$

That’s all I can think of now.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate not having one sooner.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a Tikka T3 ( not t3x) blued farming 308 Win, 24" barrel.

Wish the bottom metal was blued steel.

Wish there was a way to mount a rear receiver sight ( like a blued steel Lyman or Redfield), and then put on a front aperture sight.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No use for the convertible stock..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, don’t “like” that that am shooting .223 and 7mm-08 in a long action, just on principle, not performance.

Don’t “like” the plastic, er, bottomplastic.

Don’t “like” how the bolt handle root afixes, having a little play, nor the fact one can’t replace a lost/damaged bolt.

Don’t desire a removable magazine, nor “like” one that fits proud.

Those are nitpicks. Lot’s to be positive about. It’s a clean and lightweight design whose performance : pricepoint is tough to beat, so have a few.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I just sold my TX3 in 6.5cm! And bought a Browning HC Speed in 308. The Browning is better balanced an the stock is way better. I liked the Tikk a ok but it just was ugly and didn't fit me well.it shot good however and was smooth.

shoot straight
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Plastic mag and btm metal. And it doesn’t shoot as well as my RAR.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by babills
I just sold my TX3 in 6.5cm! And bought a Browning HC Speed in 308. The Browning is better balanced an the stock is way better. I liked the Tikk a ok but it just was ugly and didn't fit me well.it shot good however and was smooth.

Browning HC Speed = Tikka T3x clone? Looks to be, less some cosmetic differences.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by GeoW

Browning HC Speed = Tikka T3x clone? Looks to be, less some cosmetic differences.

Well I have owned both and that is my opinion. Ergos are better on the browning.

shoot straight
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have a t3 stainless 6.5 x55 I like it, deer hate it

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by turkish
Plastic mag and btm metal. And it doesn’t shoot as well as my RAR.

Funny

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GeoW

Well I have owned both and that is my opinion. Ergos are better on the browning.

Tikka has a better action,Barrel, Trigger and stock and that is a fact. I have owned/own both. The Tikka shoots better then my X and A bolt ever did.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob

A sincere ?

I've had a T 3 since 2003 and a T3X since 2018.... what do you not like about the stock ?

Mine are rigid - stout/stiff enuff that I have had any problems. I'd like to know what you or
others don't like about the stock / NOT bottom metal etc. Stock only.

Thanks

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
A pal accidentally dropped his loaded magazine on the floor and just like that...... he was the owner of a nice single shot rifle......... until he could order a new one.

They’er nice rifles that shoot well. I wish they would make a proper short action for the 308 based cartridges......
Funny, mine flew off the roof of a pickup going 50 mph and cartwheeled down the pavement for quite a distance while fully loaded and it still works fine.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
A pal accidentally dropped his loaded magazine on the floor and just like that...... he was the owner of a nice single shot rifle......... until he could order a new one.

They’er nice rifles that shoot well. I wish they would make a proper short action for the 308 based cartridges......
Funny, mine flew off the roof of a pickup going 50 mph and cartwheeled down the pavement for quite a distance while fully loaded and it still works fine.

That exceeds sticks barrel break in requirements

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by jwall

A sincere ?

I've had a T 3 since 2003 and a T3X since 2018.... what do you not like about the stock ?

Mine are rigid - stout/stiff enuff that I have had any problems. I'd like to know what you or
others don't like about the stock / NOT bottom metal etc. Stock only.

Thanks

Jerry

To me the stock has a very cheap feel and look. And it just does not fit me that well. It's all very subjective. There is no physical problem with the stock it functioned just fine.

shoot straight
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I find a lot more to like about them then not. Accuracy is usually great to fantastic, stock ergos are decent for me - especially the T3x when it has a vertical grip installed, and overall balance is pretty good. Never had feeding issues with the mag. I like the bolt lock with the safety, many don’t. Mag does length constrain long action cartridges and twist aren’t always perfect - especially if looking to do heavy VLD type bullets. But I continually keep grabbing them as my go to rifles. This year was the first time in probably 7 years that I didn’t eaclusively hunt with some form of a tikka. Spinning up two build now with two tikka action.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1. Extra mags are like $40
2. They don’t make an 18” bbl version so you have to have it cut and threaded yourself.
3. It’s not as light as my fieldcraft.
4. The comb height and angle is too low. Fortunately, a Magpul cheek riser for an MOE/CTR stock fits perfectly after applying some heat and bending it, then just glue it on.
5. Trigger is only pretty good.

My 6.5 Creedhiroshima

Attached Images
Last edited by SlimBlundt; 11/08/20.

"Pessimism never won any battle." - Dwight Eisenhower
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall

A sincere ?

To me the stock has a very cheap feel and look. And it just does not fit me that well. It's all very subjective. There is no physical problem with the stock it functioned just fine.

Stock fit, yes one size does NOT fit all.
Thnx

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

292 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 47 invisible), 17,055 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,878
Posts18,538,081
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
5 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.