D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Originally Posted by Hubert
my step mother drank two cases of beer a day.. and could cook a christmas dinner to die for......

How much beer is two cases there? Here that'd be 18 litres - the better part of 5 US gallons. You'd not only be legless, but you'd spend all day peeing.

I don't drink alcohol. As long as it is not harming or putting anyone else at risk it is your choice though.

A case of beer is typically 24 cans/bottles of 12 oz Capacity.

So 2 cases would be 576 oz of beer.

Or 4.5 gallons of beer per day......if one wants to believe dat schit.

You guys haven't been around real drunks if you don't believe him.

I didn't say I didn't believe him, only that it is a lot of piss to put away, and to eliminate.

There was a legendary international cricketer at one time, David Boon, who put away 52 cans (our 375 ml size, not your smaller ones)of full strength beer on a team flight from Sydney to London to play against the Poms. Story was he'd had a few before boarding too, and after arriving in London went out and had a few more. A few of his team mates weren't far behind. Australia won the series 4-0

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Im the one tbat does not believe it. It migbt be true though. Alcholism accounts for some odd behaviours.

12 oz is 354 ml. Not a big difference there. But, 52 is more than a "bit".

You ozzies are known to pound a few, no?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Used to get drunk every Friday night after work when we used to go out nightclubbing - I think it was expected and mandatory. Used to have Saturday night special occasions too that always resulted in Sunday hangovers without fail. Don't do much drinking these days - all my friends are either dead or in prison.

I think it all started when we used to drink university while we were attending alcohol - doesn't seem to have affected me though....

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I work 7 on 7 off 12 hour shifts. Every off week I’ll have 2-3 nights here I’ll have a glass or two of bourbon or scotch with dinner or reading a book. Wife isn’t a drinker and we’ve 4 kids in the house so it’ll rarely gets past a drink or two unless we have company.

Last edited by AKduck; 11/19/20.

Yup.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’ll drink two or three fifths of scotch per year. But, if I crack a bottle, the cap goes in the trash and I will drink the whole thing.

Other than that, I might drink a couple beers a month.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Hubert
my step mother drank two cases of beer a day.. and could cook a christmas dinner to die for......

How much beer is two cases there? Here that'd be 18 litres - the better part of 5 US gallons. You'd not only be legless, but you'd spend all day peeing.

I don't drink alcohol. As long as it is not harming or putting anyone else at risk it is your choice though.

A case of beer is typically 24 cans/bottles of 12 oz Capacity.

So 2 cases would be 576 oz of beer.

Or 4.5 gallons of beer per day......if one wants to believe dat schit.

You guys haven't been around real drunks if you don't believe him.

I didn't say I didn't believe him, only that it is a lot of piss to put away, and to eliminate.

There was a legendary international cricketer at one time, David Boon, who put away 52 cans (our 375 ml size, not your smaller ones)of full strength beer on a team flight from Sydney to London to play against the Poms. Story was he'd had a few before boarding too, and after arriving in London went out and had a few more. A few of his team mates weren't far behind. Australia won the series 4-0

When I was 18, I drank a half gallon of Tarantula in one night. I was in the zone and people were impressed. After I killed the bottle, I realized I was still sober. I looked at the bottle more carefully. It was margarita mix. My BAC was 0.00 but I bet my glucose was like 500.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
LMFAO.....I am getting a headache and heartburn just thinking about drinking a fifth of margarita mix. 😂

I sleep so much better and wake up feeling refreshed since not drinking 8 nights a week. I also don’t have to get up out of bed 3 or 4 times during the night and drink a half gallon of water during the night.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
A glass of wine occasionally before bedtime will put me to sleep if I am restless.

There's a decent jug of Gallo in the fridge right now which I opened about four months ago, one glass shy of being completely full.

Absolutely can not stand the bitterness of beer. Distilled spirits have to be diluted to the consistency of kool aid. Might enjoy a fuzzy naval, or a sloe fizz, possibly a weak screwdriver......yes puzzy drinks. A $100 bottle of scotch is wasted on me, it just tastes like isopropyl.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take a shot for every time “ I only “ was typed on this thread

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Drunks are vulnerable, and often stupid.

Agreed. I whooped it up until I was 27 before I realized that and gave it up. I have alcoholism in my family and realized that, even though I was married and wasn't in trouble, it was probably only a matter of time before that changed and that was definitely one of the best things I ever did in my life! For the record, my wife will have 1-2 beers, glasses of wine or mixed drinks on occasion but never over does it and I find that's a good thing for the majority of people. I don't care what others do with their time/lives and have many friends who are moderate drinkers and some that I would consider problem drinkers but that's for them to figure out for themselves.

My decision has allowed me to:
*Stay faithfully married to the same lady for 27 years
*Have two kids that have never seen me drunk and never had to have me to apologize to them for the results
*Be a good leader and responsible employee at work (have only had to call in sick 3 times in 30 years!)
*Budget my way out from under crippling debt and save towards retirement
*Build priceless relationships with my closest friends that don't revolve around drinking
*Carry a CCW anytime I want without having to worry about the legalities of being impaired

I could go on and on but too each his own and your mileage may vary!! wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Alcohol is the devil. Dancing with the devil is risky, but always has the potential to be a waltz never to be forgotten. I'm all in!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can do more half in the bag than most can do after a lifetime of not drinking. I have worked with guys that smoked enough week to keep a LOT of folks comatose, still work most guys' dick into the ground.. It's all relative. I don't judge anyone for not drinking, why is it the tea totalers feel so secure on their high horses handing down judgement? Because maybe they tried it once or twice and couldn't handle it? :shrug: Enjoy sobriety. I'll enjoy not. smile

Now lets all join hands and sing, Kumbaya My Lord......

MAGA
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I enjoy good beer. I like to try different ones. Most times with food, almost to the point that I'll make a trip to the store to find a matching beer if my wife says she's cooking something particular. I don't keep much beer on-hand because I'll drink it all as long as I have it....not getting plastered, just when I have the free time as long as I've got it I'm going to enjoy it. Nothing wrong with that but most of the time I'm training 6 days a week in the early morning (lifting 3, boxing/cardio 3) and I notice the dehydration when I'm training. After a couple days of drinking as little as 3 or 4 in the evening with a meal or while working around the house it's really noticeable in my training the next morning....that's the biggest reason I limit it.

A few times a year I'll really cut loose but like Hank said, "the hangovers hurt more than they used to". I have to plan ahead for those times now to make sure I've got the next day clear on my calendar......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
II think it may also disrupt the effects of your sleeping., you may sleep but not get rest.

Alcohol in your system kills any chance of real sleep.

It don’t do much for the ol’ lady’s sleep either.

lol.... My wife always grins when she sees me coming in after a beer run.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by rem141r
i drink 2 a day. the first one and the last one

i only drink when i'm alone or with someone

it's easy to stop, done it a hundred times

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by FatCity67
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

yer outta control...

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
I drink often enough, but only when I don't need to stop. I don't see the sense in having one drink.

I concur. Why have one when you can have eight?

add a couple packs of cigs and yer onto something

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i enjoy a beer, glass of wine, shot of good booze, but could take or leave each of them...and don't anguish over whether or not

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I only drink when I have some

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (06hunter59, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 68 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,790
Posts18,496,085
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.