Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Had to stay at a friends house to watch their kid while they left the state for a funeral for the first 4 days of the season. Forced to hunt local public land which isn’t easy to find a deer.

Took the boy for his first hunt and despite his tripping and yelling for me every couple minutes in the heavy cover I was able to jump a couple small bucks and I took this spike.

It ain’t much but he was in cloud 9.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

Had to stay at a friends house to watch their kid while they left the state for a funeral for the first 4 days of the season. Forced to hunt local public land which isn’t easy to find a deer.

Took the boy for his first hunt and despite his tripping and yelling for me every couple minutes in the heavy cover I was able to jump a couple small bucks and I took this spike.

Alright!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by goalie
Last year he was sitting with me and said I couldn't shoot any "cute little" ones. Now he wants to shoot anything bigger than a hamster.

grin

I Jack was like that too. We may have cured it. I told him before the season he ad to fully take care of any deer he shot. He filled his WI bucks tag and didn’t fill his doe tag. We have plenty of meat in the freezer with the 2 bucks.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by tzone
My boy got his first buck opening day in Douglass Co. He’s tickled. He’s put his time and and earned it. Best bucks I’ve ever seen as far as I’m concerned.

Shot with his grandpa’s Remington 7600, 30-06 pump. 150gr bullets.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We have seen more deer than any other time hunting up here. They seem to be everywhere.

No Snow !!! Hunted 25 seasons and seems always had snow

28” on the second Saturday last year. Not more than a dusting this year. There were not really any cold mornings. Opening day was about 15 degrees but warmed fast.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

Awesome!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought you were from Minysota!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Daughter shot an 8 with my large frame 308 and wife took a 7 (8 minus a broken brow tine) using her M7 260. I passed on a very large 8 looking for the lunker. Lurker came out Sunday night in crappy light (wet and dark with black and grey tree line) and I elected not to shoot because I’ve been burned before thinking it was big and turned out an average 8. After he came with in 75 yards of my blind after legal shooting light I almost cried looking through the binocs at him.

Muzzle loader this week so will get out a few more days for horns. Next year looks promising with all the young bucks I saw this year. I’d rank this year up at the top with the T-zone years for deer quality. I said quality not quantity.

My advice is use binoculars and don’t shoot the button bucks. It will pay off in a few years. If you do public land you’re at the mercy of the “brown it’s down” types.

Last edited by 260madman; 12/01/20.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I thought you were from Minysota!!!

I guess I thought I could hunt more than one state. In fact, it’s 3 this year. I’m 1/2hr from WI, and only 2 hrs from where we hunt there. It takes me longer to get to where I hunt in MN.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No!!! You can’t hunt in more than one! 😁😁m
Like I said you’re son will remember that buck for his entire life.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yep he will. He's just had silly luck with getting one. It's like a weight lifted off his shoulders!! I'd be in a stand and see 2 bucks. He's sit there, I'd go where he was and see 3 bucks. It has been like that for years. lol I was starting to feel bad for him. He did actually pass on a shot at a decent one last year because of too much brush in the way.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1936M71, 22250rem, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,697
Posts18,475,205
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.