Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
I wouldn't tell them Aholes nothing. I only registered the one I hunt with. So have about a dozen other fellas I know. We just don't see the sense to it.

With the current amnesty in effect it's a moot point at this time anyway. You won't get prosecuted for possessing an unregistered non-restricted at this point. Hopefully, the conservatives will come to their senses and ditch the long gun registry before they have to renew the amnesty yet again next Spring. This is the second year of the amnesty regarding non-restricted firearms.

But to speak to the original post... while they would probably like you to report a cartridge change with a barrel swap-out for the "official records", it still remains that if the receiver is already registered it won't change much. It is still the same serial number, the same action, etc. And the FIN [firearms identification number] that "they" have assigned the gun will undoubtedly remain the same.

GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
There may be a place on the inline form to state the calibre but I think the question is irrelevent. The serial # is the only concern. My guess is the question is there from the early days of registering until one of those geniuses realized a gun can be rebarreled. Can't answer your question 378, never had a possesion only.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by NLogan
I wouldn't tell them Aholes nothing. I only registered the one I hunt with. So have about a dozen other fellas I know. We just don't see the sense to it.

With the current amnesty in effect it's a moot point at this time anyway. You won't get prosecuted for possessing an unregistered non-restricted at this point. Hopefully, the conservatives will come to their senses and ditch the long gun registry before they have to renew the amnesty yet again next Spring. This is the second year of the amnesty regarding non-restricted firearms.

But to speak to the original post... while they would probably like you to report a cartridge change with a barrel swap-out for the "official records", it still remains that if the receiver is already registered it won't change much. It is still the same serial number, the same action, etc. And the FIN [firearms identification number] that "they" have assigned the gun will undoubtedly remain the same.

Yes the amnesty provides protection against prosecution, but it does not in any way protect you from having your un registered non restricted seized.
Think about it!

Just remember.
You cant have SLAUGHTER,
without LAUGHTER
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Good info. Thanks to all. I've been in touch with the gunsmith in Lumby and like his style.

Doggone, started awfully late to have in use for this season. May hold off a bit.

We tiptoe through a crazy world.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Portsider284
Originally Posted by NLogan

Yes the amnesty provides protection against prosecution, but it does not in any way protect you from having your un registered non restricted seized.
Think about it!

I've already checked with a few RCMP that I know,and they told me it is not part of their duties/mandate to go around collecting rifles from peoples houses. The only way that this would occur is if the liberals invoked war measures act(Trudeau 1970's)again. This was the only time in Canadian history so far where arms were seized from law-abiding citizens. Don't be a fear-monger there are enough out there already.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not saying they are gonna go looking for un registered long guns.
But if they stop you and your paper works afoul what do you think is gonna happen?
Secondly the opinion of one or two members of a particular detachment is not a good way to guage the reaction of every member in every detachment, let alone some of the big city forces.
They can seize it if it's un registerted, and most likely hold it till you sort out your paper work, and that will take how long? And if it runs in excess of 30 days do you really want to see how it goes, not me, that's for sure.
I've got in order of 3 rifles registerd as being multiple calibres, the guy in the field doing a spot check would'nt know that, but that information is some where, accessable to some one.
Hmm, not the water I want to get into on the way to a hunt of a life time. Way to muddy for this feller.

Last edited by Portsider284; 07/17/07.

Just remember.
You cant have SLAUGHTER,
without LAUGHTER
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your correct on that Portsider284. I have 2 of my hunting rifles registered exactly for the reasons you just posted. So do many other hunters but they also have many that they don't take out of their homes that aren't. I know one collector who has 120 rifles and he has 3 registered. He collects old millitary rifles of all sorts but he never fires them,so should he also register all these old guns, some of which you can't even find bullets for anymore or are nonfunctional? We have to resist the registery as much as possible due to the next step coming-- total confiscation.
Remember the old Germans saying "Hansel don't water the flowers so much, you will make the guns rust". So why should we continue something that Hitler started in 1936 in this country? The politicians are doing Hitler's work for him. If the Jews would have had guns the outcome would have been much different-- right?

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 1lesfox, 63 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,464
Posts18,471,337
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.