Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by donsm70
Hey antlers,
I remember some years ago when we were in competition for available custom knives. I ended up with more than I need, as I'm sure that you did, as well.
lol

I had a schitpot of em’...’had’ being the operative word.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by donsm70
Hey antlers,
I remember some years ago when we were in competition for available custom knives. I ended up with more than I need, as I'm sure that you did, as well.
lol

I had a schitpot of em’...’had’ being the operative word.

Me too.

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
MWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you think the 'Postal Inspectors' are going to help you if a deal goes sideways.....NOT! 99% of the time you won't get so much as a sideways glance from the 'Postal Inspectors'. I base that on personal experience and professional experience (43 years as a LEO and several instances of mail fraud, mail theft, etc).

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll send them if it is something I really want and I'll take them for small amounts.....but I'd rather have anything else.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't like them but will use them.

I hand cash to my secretary and have her get one.

That way I don't have to deal with the morons.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I use USPO MOs both ways, my bank treats them just like cash..........

If you tell ME PP only, I pass you by, just like some treat MOs..........

Anyone here buying the extra insurance with the USPO??? Better yet, anyone had to use it???

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I like them because they’re tough to fake, and not worth the trouble at the price levels I deal with. I have no illusions about help from the P.O. in dealing with fraud, or even insurance claims for missing or damaged stuff. Even my postmistress admits the insurance is a giant PITA. The same apparently applies to insurance with UPS. All this combines to make me very leery of buying or selling big-ticket stuff that needs to be shipped now except from large retailers that will handle troubles directly. Two gun sellers I know both have nice piles of damaged guns that they’re waiting on insurance for.

Small stuff? I’ll take a check, hold it if I don’t know the person. Cash is good too!

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
If you can't get to your bank's drive up window you can take a check. deposit, and wait for it to clear. POMO's are instantaneous. I have had enough electronic screw ups to still prefer the MO

HM

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Last MO I sent took 7 days to get there. And did not go that far about 700mi.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here’s my PayPal issues:
1.) They now require a tax ID number, and will start reporting transactions to the IRS over a certain $ amount or number of transactions depending on the state you live in.
2.) PayPal permanently recently froze my account for violating one of their policies. They didn’t state which one. There is no way to find out or protest. Money in the account was seized and supposedly in 180 days they will send me an mail stating how to get it if any is left. All I can suspect is I sold some bullets for reloading on gunbroker and the buyer put Gunbroker - Bullets on the description. PayPal is anti 2A and prohibits transactions for guns, some gun parts, and ammunition. I suspect those working for PayPal in California don’t know the difference between bullets and ammo.

So for me, USPS MO seems a safe alternative. A lot of people I know don’t use personal checks any more, plus I don’t want to have to wait 7 days and confirm the check is ok before shipping. Also I know what a USPS MO looks like. Some other MOs could be easily fabricated on a printer and I would have no idea.

Until my PayPal was suspended, I generally gave most people both options. About 75% used PayPal with a mixture of F&F and regular (+3%), and others chose USPS MO.

Last edited by Stammster; 05/03/21.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Stammster
Here’s my PayPal issues:
1.) They now require a tax ID number, and will start reporting transactions to the IRS over a certain $ amount or number of transactions depending on the state you live in.
2.) PayPal permanently recently froze my account for violating one of their policies. They didn’t state which one. There is no way to find out or protest. Money in the account was seized and supposedly in 180 days they will send me an mail stating how to get it if any is left. All I can suspect is I sold some bullets for reloading on gunbroker and the buyer put Gunbroker - Bullets on the description. PayPal is anti 2A and prohibits transactions for guns, some gun parts, and ammunition. I suspect those working for PayPal in California don’t know the difference between bullets and ammo.

So for me, USPS MO seems a safe alternative. A lot of people I know don’t use personal checks any more, plus I don’t want to have to wait 7 days and confirm the check is ok before shipping. Also I know what a USPS MO looks like. Some other MOs could be easily fabricated on a printer and I would have no idea.

Until my PayPal was suspended, I generally gave most people both options. About 75% used PayPal with a mixture of F&F and regular (+3%), and others chose USPS MO.

You should have cancelled your paypal account before they did that to you. If you don't have a tax id number they want your SS#. As you say they are very anti gun and for that reason alone none of us should be using them. Now the post office is monitoring social media post, most likely this very thread. It's only a matter of time until they start tightening the screws on anything associated with firearms. If I want to buy something it's going to be with a personal check. If that isn't acceptable with the seller I'll move on. If they're close enough to drive to I'll pay cash.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 007FJ, 1234, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,919
Posts18,479,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.