Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Like I said, they outsell Leica 20:1, so it must not be that much of an issue. Leica still needs to update their pathetic warranty as well.

That’s all about marketing not the better product. Every large scale sporting goods retailer has a fancy and devoted Swaro display and a decent selection of products. It’s hard to even find a pair of Leicas for a guy to check them out.

Yeah, it's always a stupid idea to give more floor space to higher volume sellers. You're right.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Retailers don’t give prime space to anyone. Swarovski pays for all of their grand displays and every square foot that they occupy in the retail front.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DavidReed
Retailers don’t give prime space to anyone. Swarovski pays for all of their grand displays and every square foot that they occupy in the retail front.

How do you know Swaro pays for the retail space?

Regardless, if it don't sell I have a hard time thinking retailers are going to devote space to something that doesn't sell. The retailers have to buy those optics, and then sell them at a profit.

Zeiss, Leica, and Swaro ALL make the best optics overall (in my slightly humble opinion), as I mentioned previously so much of it depends on individual eyes. Swaro outsells the others because they made a commitment to North America (the biggest consumers of optics thanks to hunters and shooters) with a full blown repair facility in Rhode Island and EXCELLENT customer service. That is why Swaro outsells the other two.

Look at Vortex, a relative newcomer that was started by a husband-wife team who hunted and unapologetically directed their advertising to hunters, Starting out with a decent warranty then improving it to the best warranty in the business, while producing good, sometimes very good, glass at an affordable price. I don't think it would be a stretch to say Vortex probably outsells Zeiss, Leica, and Swaro by a mile.

Personally I like the Ultravid 8x32's better than the EL 8x32's every time I've compared the two side by side. I watched two long time friends and hunting partners go through an almost year long saga getting their 15 year old Ultravids repaired (sorry Brad, but Leica's do break just like other alphas), the binos had to go back across the pond to the Motherland to be repaired and ultimately cost them a couple hundred bucks. In the meantime, when my 7x30 SLCs started growing the Dreaded Crystals, I paid for shipping to Rhode Island and had nothing but great communication from Swaro. I got my completely refurbished and updated binos back in three weeks from the time I mailed them.

Warranty and customer service is important with optics.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 62 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,437
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.