Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 116 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 115 116
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It drives me stark raving nuts to play in a foursome. Especially with those guys who have to laser every single shot, take nine practice swings, and then act like DJ on the greens for every single one of their three or four putts.

I never check a yardage until I'm inside 150 yards of the hole, I pull a club while I walk up to the ball, and I don't take practice swings. One look from behind for a target, then stance and swing. 20 seconds max from arrival to walking again.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It drives me stark raving nuts to play in a foursome. Especially with those guys who have to laser every single shot, take nine practice swings, and then act like DJ on the greens for every single one of their three or four putts.

I never check a yardage until I'm inside 150 yards of the hole, I pull a club while I walk up to the ball, and I don't take practice swings. One look from behind for a target, then stance and swing. 20 seconds max from arrival to walking again.

TFF

I could not agree more.

After I played 18 yesterday my wife met me for lunch at the clubhouse. First tee box I watched a guy take NINE practice swings with his driver.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I play fast as well. No practice swings. No wasted time. I will never play league golf again because of the jackwagons who think the longer they take to play 9 the longer they are unsupervised by their wives.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I generally complete a round in 2:45 or so and I almost always play alone. If I'm saddled with playing partners it takes longer, of course. I use a push cart, but I can see that in the not too distant future, I'll be forced to start carting.

Due to Covid, we are not allowed to touch a flagstick, and they have the bottom of it wrapped in a foam collar that prevents the ball from falling in below ground level - supposedly to prevent it jamming up down next to the bottom of the stick. It's absolutely silly.

So I just putt to the high side of the hole, and if it rolls past within a hole width, I call it holed.

Gotcha.

I have seen those on practice greens but not on an actual course. I think some clubs are more paranoid than others.

I played on a buddy's private course last week and the guys at the clubhouse were all masked up and wiping schit down. LOL

We played a course that had a really neat device on each hole. There was a false bottom in the cup that would slide up the stick, there was a thin rod that ran from the false bottom up the flagstick about 18". At the top it had a loop with a flange that stuck out a couple of inches. You hooked the flange with your putter, lifted it sharply, the false bottom rose up and flipped your ball out.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by WTM45
I play fast as well. No practice swings. No wasted time. I will never play league golf again because of the jackwagons who think the longer they take to play 9 the longer they are unsupervised by their wives.

HAHAHAHAHA!

So true.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
In high school 2 of us would play 9 holes in less than an hour from the blues. After playing golf for over 50 years I still take one half azz practice swing while I envision the shot I'd like to play.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WTM45

Let us not forget the game faces, the psych jobs, the increase in beer consumption as the round goes on - complete with more time looking for lost balls, increased arguments, and time spent pulling carts out of creeks and sand traps.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 5sdad

We played a course that had a really neat device on each hole. There was a false bottom in the cup that would slide up the stick, there was a thin rod that ran from the false bottom up the flagstick about 18". At the top it had a loop with a flange that stuck out a couple of inches. You hooked the flange with your putter, lifted it sharply, the false bottom rose up and flipped your ball out.

As opposed to picking up the ball?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
In high school 2 of us would play 9 holes in less than an hour from the blues. After playing golf for over 50 years I still take one half azz practice swing while I envision the shot I'd like to play.

How fast I can play is largely dictated by the amount of people on the course.

I started on the back nine early yesterday and had nine holes in under an hour.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
True. I absolutely never play on a Tuesday here because that's Ladies Association day, and they are maddeningly slow. I call them the Yak Herd, because they move like a herd of grazing animals and all they do is yak yak yak.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad

As opposed to picking up the ball?

Didn't have to contact the flagstick - either lifting it or bumping it with your hand like everyone else. Also, old farts with lack of flexibility didn't have to try not to fall onto their heads when reaching down into the hole.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
True. I absolutely never play on a Tuesday here because that's Ladies Association day, and they are maddeningly slow. I call them the Yak Herd, because they move like a herd of grazing animals and all they do is yak yak yak.

LOL

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

How fast I can play is largely dictated by the amount of people on the course.

I started on the back nine early yesterday and had nine holes in under an hour.

brownchicken browncow

MAGA
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

brownchicken browncow

How's the Crock Pot situation?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Haha!

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Splendid. Got a big black one.

MAGA
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

So, nothing's changed?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wait! what?

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Round or oblong for ease of.........uh....use?

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Guy comes back from the restroom in a restaurant, claims that he saw a black man with a white dick at the next stall. Buddy doesn't believe him. Bets are made. Given the amount of money on the line, a third party is coerced into bravely going over to the table where the man is now sitting and ask. Investigator comes back and explains that the guy is just a coal miner on his honeymoon.

Page 34 of 116 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,536
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.