Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Employee called last night and said there were a couple transients he caught messing around the shop. Thought they were trying to break in. Gal had a crow bar he thought. They ran off when he showed up.

But it got me to thinking I need to get something like a ring camera that will notify me when there is movement at the shop.

I will be calling today to get internet service there. What do you guys recommend?

Montana MOFO
GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
ADT, although not cheap, may be what you need. You can access cameras from your cell phone.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd get more than that.

You need a security system.

https://simplisafe.com/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
ADT, although not cheap, may be what you need. You can access cameras from your cell phone.

DF

They all allow access via cell phone. You just need to download the app and have an internet connection and WiFi at the house.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have a ring, works good, can use the speaker and talk to whoever is at the door. Bought the $2.50 per month storage option that uploads picture if ever needed.

IC B2

T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Shop is right across the street for the sheriff's office. All I really need are a couple cams that notify me.

Thinking putting one inside the door along with one or 2 outside.

Montana MOFO
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

ADT over priced....don't give a [bleep] would not admit if they make a mistake....my houses pipes almost froze because then didn't follow protocol contacting me or my other contacts....doest have operators that speak very good English.....require a contract you cannot get out of....
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Shop is right across the street for the sheriff's office. All I really need are a couple cams that notify me.

Thinking putting one inside the door along with one or 2 outside.

Go with Simplisafe $14.95 a month real time alerts today is the last day 40% off equipment no contract or $24.95 they monitor and call police or fire 50% equipment today....
For under $500 you can get a couple cameras all they need is Wi-Fi and 110V outlet....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
[quote=Dirtfarmer]ADT, although not cheap, may be what you need. You can access cameras from your cell phone.

DF

ADT over priced....don't give a [bleep] would not admit if they make a mistake....my houses pipes almost froze because then didn't follow protocol contacting me or my other contacts....doest have operators that speak very good English.....require a contract you cannot get out of....
Shop is right across the street for the sheriff's office. All I really need are a couple cams that notify me. ...
Yep.. We had ADT once - and never again.. I nearly had to sue 'em in order to get rid of them AND their equipment..

As to the "Ring" stuff, I've heard that they're having issues with their equipment causing fires - although they "say" it's because of faulty installation.. Who knows...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have a Ring doorbell camera. Phone notification upon movement. Takes a couple seconds to go “live”. No issues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We've got Eufy doorbell camera and a couple other cameras. Nice thing is the storage is local (home base) and don't have to get a subscription. I get notifications on my phone when one of them detects something (motion or human) or the door bell is pressed. I can then review the footage on my phone. I can also go live on any of the cameras. Live two-way voice communication as well.

Even works well with our limited network connection (Bonded ADSL 16/1.5).

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You may want to look at Wyze.com. We just installed their camera system and it works great...day and night. inexpensive and compact. The problem is that they have become so popular that you will have to wait about 45 days to get your order shipped.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shop is right across the street for the sheriff's office. All I really need are a couple cams that notify me. Thinking putting one inside the door along with one or 2 outside.

I have my house armed with Simpli Safe inside and Blink XT cameras on the outside. The nighttime videos are not clear enough such that you could identify a perpetrator; however, based on your expressed needs and desires above, I think for the cost, you would be satisfied with the Blink system. They aren't expensive. When I arm them, as soon as someone steps into their range I get a notification. The video is also automatically saved until I delete them. I think the longest they are saved is 30 days; however, for me, it is the immediacy of exactly what you stated that is most important to me. If my 30 second video is not enough, I can immediately go to "live view" and check the status of my property. Are there better systems? Probably. Like I said, the Blink XT system seems to fit your expressed needs perfectly. Good luck.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Shop is right across the street for the sheriff's office. All I really need are a couple cams that notify me. Thinking putting one inside the door along with one or 2 outside.

I have my house armed with Simpli Safe inside and Blink XT cameras on the outside. The nighttime videos are not clear enough such that you could identify a perpetrator; however, based on your expressed needs and desires above, I think for the cost, you would be satisfied with the Blink system. They aren't expensive. When I arm them, as soon as someone steps into their range I get a notification. The video is also automatically saved until I delete them. I think the longest they are saved is 30 days; however, for me, it is the immediacy of exactly what you stated that is most important to me. If my 30 second video is not enough, I can immediately go to "live view" and check the status of my property. Are there better systems? Probably. Like I said, the Blink XT system seems to fit your expressed needs perfectly. Good luck.

What do the blink cameras use for power? Batteries or do they need 110 volts?

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would not use ring cameras. You cannot ID anything on them. Everything works as advertised with them except quality video.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone who makes it up the driveway past the signs deserves the Flammenwerfer with an electric eye. Call before you come & I'll turn it off.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....-technologies-pulsefire-lrt-flamethrower

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I was going to suggest Blink as an alternative for Ring.

TheBigSky beat me to it a couple of posts above but he is right.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

What do the blink cameras use for power? Batteries or do they need 110 volts?

Camera uses two 1.5 volt lithium batteries, module is 110 volt. Camera batteries are supposed to last for two years.

I like Nest indoor cameras.

T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Anyone use simply safe outside cameras?

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Anyone here have experience with simpli safe?

Can you set it up to notify your cell phones?

This whole thing has me thinking I need something at the house as well.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Helps with porch pirates

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,409
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.