Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Alanbarx is a scammer. He sent me a PM telling me that another user had a rifle I have a WTB add up for.

I got the we only use Venmo routine first, then photo shopped pictures trying to make me buy it with Venmo..

As soon as I found a local source to facilitate the transaction.. CRICKETS

Last edited by WRO; 11/25/20.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
He sent me a similar PM about someone who has a Rossi 92. I didn't give it a second thought before I deleted it. Odd that he sent it after I had already posted I made a deal.

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Dinny
He sent me a similar PM about someone who has a Rossi 92. I didn't give it a second thought before I deleted it. Odd that he sent it after I had already posted I made a deal.

Thanks, Dinny

If he's going to get good at this, he'll need to learn how to better photoshop chris's dvl. Putting the name in wrong place on it doesn't help.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Yup, same thing happen to me with him. I backed out because it was shady.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
And I am attempt #4.
But I still have my $$$.
And I gave up on him after some "shady" to me stuff

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
IC B2

W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Hello XXXX, so nice to meet you, and thanks for reaching out. I hope this text finds you well.

I have here is an excellent used LNIB Barret Fieldcraft Lightweight bolt action rifle in 6mm Creedmoor. This gun has not seen much use as I ended up going a different route. Very accurate rifle and has shot less than 75 rounds.

I never once dropped or abused this thing in any way. It sat in the safe for most of its life. The rifle comes with the factory box, rings, and box of ammo.

The rifle features It is a 4 shot with an 18" stainless steel barrel, carbon fiber stock and NP3 coated, 1:8 twist Timney trigger and 4140 heat-treated bolt, stainless steel finish, Rubber butt-pad. Serial # FC001966.

The rifle is collecting dust in my safe, and I see no reason to keep this anymore as it needs a new home.

I am asking for $850 shipped. My loss is your gain.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and let me know if you are interested in the gun. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Christopher.

Did he give you the fake DVL as well? Or the photoshopped picture with your name in it next to the item?

W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W

BTW the phone number is a burner.. And I would like to post pictures of the Shat Photoshop job.

Hi Ryan, thanks for the quick response and interest.

My phone number is 574 221 5746. If you will like to proceed with the purchase, kindly forward your FFL info to me, I will need it to complete the shipping of the rifle to you.

I do not work with Paypal, this is due to the many hassles I have had with it recently and in the past. However, I accept Venmo payment, let me know if that works for you, and you will still like to proceed with the payment for the rifle.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. It would be a great pleasure working with you my friend.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,
Christopher.

Ryan, thanks for getting back to me, and apologies for the late response.

I can only proceed with Venmo payment, if you were in my shoes and Paypal has done to you, what they did to me, you'd consider my use of Venmo.

I understand you want to trust with this transaction, however, I have attached a picture of my DL with this email, I also have a photo of the rifle with a paper together, I have written today's date on it with your name on it as well. Let me know what you think and if you will still like to proceed with the purchase of the rifle from me.

It would be a great pleasure to work with you, my friend.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,
Christopher.

W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
He also has 0 dollars of mine..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WRO
Alanbrx is a scammer. He sent me a PM telling me that another user had a rifle I have a WTB add up for.

I got the we only use Venmo routine first, then photo shopped pictures trying to make me buy it with Venmo..

Nothing comes up with a user list search for Alanbrx. Either he’s already gone, or it’s another user name.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by WRO
Alanbrx is a scammer. He sent me a PM telling me that another user had a rifle I have a WTB add up for.

Nothing comes up with a user list search for Alanbrx. Either he’s already gone, or it’s another user name.

It should read alanbarx

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/users/74629

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WRO
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by WRO

It should read alanbarx

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/users/74629

Thanks for clearing up. He's on ignore now.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Thanks.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
His forum signature should tell you all you need to know.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I vet almost everyone. I recently accepted. A personal check from a fine member of the fire. He asked, I’ ok’d no problem. I had already knew enough about him. As I told him no worries about the personal check, I should should know all about your life in 15 minutes after receiving the check. I knew he was a good man when we discussed the sale but i still did my do diligence.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep- tossed the red flag here. With all due respect to everyone here- if you sound, or your text reads like, Sam- the guy trying to sell me an extended warranty on a vehicle I never owned, I wouldn’t sell you a bucket of ball sweat for $1 or take a free T-Shirt from you, so get fuqed.

Last edited by MK257; 11/25/20.

MK
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It doesn't sound like English is Christopher's first language.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WRO
Alanbarx is a scammer. He sent me a PM telling me that another user had a rifle I have a WTB add up for.

Sounds exactly like a schemer over to HuntTalk and various other sites. Prolly the same guy. If you're looking to buy he knows someone who has it, uses gmail and wants VENMO. Fooker took me for fiddy bucks awhile back. Probably a throwaway VENMO account as well.

Last edited by antelopedundee; 11/25/20.

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I don't do any of the newfangled money transfers but I still use Gmail, ha ha. But then again, I'm not a scammer.

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HarleyHutch
I don't do any of the newfangled money transfers but I still use Gmail, ha ha. But then again, I'm not a scammer.

PayPal is about as newfangledd as I will get. I paid with someone else's VENMO account and later they said that the account that the funds were sent to went AWOL.

Anyone know if VENMO accounts can be used as throwaway accounts?

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelopedundee
Originally Posted by HarleyHutch

PayPal is about as newfangledd as I will get. I paid with someone else's VENMO account and later they said that the account that the funds were sent to went AWOL.

Anyone know if VENMO accounts can be used as throwaway accounts?

If you are paying anyone in a private transaction you are at risk, regardless of how you're sending the money. What stops someone from keeping your money order you mailed them and not sending the merch? Can people be "enterprising" and have multiple Venmo/PayPal/Zelle/CashApp/any-other-payment-system accounts setup for sole purposes of siphoning off funds and never send you the merch? Of course. Crooks go to a lot of trouble to take your money from you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 1moredeer, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 61 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,889
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.