C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by StudDuck
So how do these newer Model Seven rifles shoot?

I'm shopping for a new rifle, not exactly what I want, but this is almost too good to pass up.

I would expect under 1.5" for 3 shots in that stock. I have a j lock version in 7-08 that shot most everything around 1.5" or so in the factory tupperware with forend pressure. Since swapping to a Bansner it seems to have tightened up a good bit with the stiffer stock and free float. I keep telling myself I dont need another M7 or 243 but at that price my willpower is getting weak.

These are H.S Precision stocks, a goodly bit better than Tupperware.

That was my point. The HS should shoot better than the factory tupperware, which by the way are heavy as hell. I dropped over 12 oz in weight going from the tupperware to the finished Bansner and thats including a 1" limbsaver. Remington could have done much better than they did with the 38 oz tupperware.

If one wanted a stainless compact 243 this may be the best option for the money unless they wanted a sheep rifle.

These are not compact. They are 13.5 LOP.

GB1

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Cluggins
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by StudDuck
So how do these newer Model Seven rifles shoot?

I'm shopping for a new rifle, not exactly what I want, but this is almost too good to pass up.

I would expect under 1.5" for 3 shots in that stock. I have a j lock version in 7-08 that shot most everything around 1.5" or so in the factory tupperware with forend pressure. Since swapping to a Bansner it seems to have tightened up a good bit with the stiffer stock and free float. I keep telling myself I dont need another M7 or 243 but at that price my willpower is getting weak.

These are H.S Precision stocks, a goodly bit better than Tupperware.

That was my point. The HS should shoot better than the factory tupperware, which by the way are heavy as hell. I dropped over 12 oz in weight going from the tupperware to the finished Bansner and thats including a 1" limbsaver. Remington could have done much better than they did with the 38 oz tupperware.

If one wanted a stainless compact 243 this may be the best option for the money unless they wanted a sheep rifle.

These are not compact. They are 13.5 LOP.

Compact as in overall length. My M7 is significantly shorter overall than my son's 700 youth. I give up, apparently some literal readers around here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Cluggins.lol

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
That is a heck of a deal

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I tried buying one, and having it shipped to my local FFL, who had sent a copy of his license to Midway. However, Midway says they only ship to "preferred" dealers, and apparently they won't recognize the FFL as a "preferred" dealer. I knew there was a reason I quit ordering from them years ago, I just forgot why. Now I remember.

IC B2

skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I tried buying one, and having it shipped to my local FFL, who had sent a copy of his license to Midway. However, Midway says they only ship to "preferred" dealers, and apparently they won't recognize the FFL as a "preferred" dealer. I knew there was a reason I quit ordering from them years ago, I just forgot why. Now I remember.

Huh. I didn't have any issues.🤷‍♂️

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Huh. I didn't have any issues.🤷‍♂️

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Glad you got yours through.. It seems like Midway will only ship to FFL's that are of their choosing. Anyway, may be a blessing in disguise that I didn't get it, because in addition to already owning four 243's, I have found another Walmart clearance deal, on a Model 700, that I can't pass up. I simply have more rifles than I have the time to fool with.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
And the Southern Democrat gives more money to Sams/Walmart who pledged millions to black lives matter

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobBrown
And the Southern Democrat gives more money to Sams/Walmart who pledged millions to black lives matter

My money azzhole........lol. Not the welfare check like you're getting.

Click.........another one of the jealous azzholes on ignore.

Last edited by JamesJr; 11/29/20.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Jimmys wife takes all his money so in reality he could not afford a SS model seven in a nice stock .

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,815
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.