Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Our rectec 700 bull has WiFi and I control it with my phone 2 temp probes keep me informed on the meat progress, temp set and actual temp is usually within 2 degrees, great for smoke and long cooks, but I still use our weber and charcoal for burgers and steaks they just taste better over charcoal!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is is a ton of wireless thermometers out there with wifi to your phone. When I'm lazy that's what I use and their cheep.

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Rec Tec for the win.............I have had mine for 2 + years and it just keeps on getting easier to cook on. BTW they have some SMOKING deals going on right now.

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have the Camp Chef Woodwind with sear station. Works like a champ.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
For the recteq fans- I came across this a while ago and some people had so absolutely horrendous things to say about their customer support when it was needed. People would say the owner would ban anyone from the owners group if they said anything even close to negative about the grill.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/784738541708442/?ref=share

For those who have the recteq- have you needed any support?

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Pellet grills are like tampons....every pussy has one. Pretty big fan of Big Green Eggs

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have a Green Mtn. It works great. We bought it about 4 years ago. This summer the auger gear stripped and had to be replaced. You can't get a gear. You get a whole motor assembly for about $100. It's an easy fix but a $10 gear would likely have been just as easy.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who here uses a pellet smoker below 20 degrees ?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Who here uses a pellet smoker below 20 degrees ?
I've done it with my Green Mtn but I have an insulated blanket on it. Even with that, it takes a lot of pellets. The blanket cost about $80 but it doubled the bbq season. It can be left on year round to cut down on pellet use in the summer, too.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
LCH Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L

IC B3

T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
For those that poo poo a pellet grill, realize not everyone has the same amount of free/spare time that you do.

My wife uses the pellet grill mostly. And she has zero interest in starting charcoal and going through all that process. Not all of us have 7- 8 hours a night and all weekend to smoke or grill food. So, the ability to hit a switch and get a moist heat with smoke is pretty damn handy. Not much different than how handy it is for a guy that is busy to have his oil changed in about 10 minutes at a quick lube place.

I also have a Kamado grill that I like. But the wife isn't going to start charcoal and use it. A lot of times we don't eat until 8-10 pm at night meaning we don't get done with what we are doing until than so we don't have a ton of time to go to that effort to cook out/grill/smoke.

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
As far as why no to Traeger: the ones we had weren't that heavily built. They were not very steady and consistent with temperature either. And they were the craps in the cold, mid teens and below temps.

Last edited by Tarkio; 11/28/20.

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
We have used our Green Mountain Grill in temps down to zero as long as it is out of the wind. Works alright.

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a Kamado (Same as BGE) but I still haven't really learned how to run the thing properly.

For instance, how do you get enough fuel in there to run for hours without the temps going through the roof early on???

Montana MOFO
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tarkio
For those that poo poo a pellet grill, realize not everyone has the same amount of free/spare time that you do.

My wife uses the pellet grill mostly. And she has zero interest in starting charcoal and going through all that process. Not all of us have 7- 8 hours a night and all weekend to smoke or grill food. So, the ability to hit a switch and get a moist heat with smoke is pretty damn handy. Not much different than how handy it is for a guy that is busy to have his oil changed in about 10 minutes at a quick lube place.

I also have a Kamado grill that I like. But the wife isn't going to start charcoal and use it. A lot of times we don't eat until 8-10 pm at night meaning we don't get done with what we are doing until than so we don't have a ton of time to go to that effort to cook out/grill/smoke.

That's why God made ovens.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have a Kamado (Same as BGE) but I still haven't really learned how to run the thing properly.

For instance, how do you get enough fuel in there to run for hours without the temps going through the roof early on???

It should be fully loaded.

Adjust the baffles so that it maintains the temps you need.

All pellet cookers do is make schitty BBQ. I don't know why anybody would aspire to make schitty BBQ.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've had a GMG for a little over 3 years. May not be a Rectec, but it suits my needs and gets used weekly no matter what the weather is. All depends on what your budget is I guess.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deflave

That's why God made ovens.

Because the pellet heat/smoke does taste better than an oven.

And we grill a lot on our pellet grill. Meaning we make steaks and hamburgers etc. And it does a decent job there. Far better flavor than a propane grill. Forgive me Hank Hill.

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deflave

It should be fully loaded.

Adjust the baffles so that it maintains the temps you need.

All pellet cookers do is make schitty BBQ. I don't know why anybody would aspire to make schitty BBQ.

How do you get wood smoke flavor in your BGE?

Montana MOFO
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

How do you get wood smoke flavor in your BGE?

Lump charcoal.

If you want more smoke throw a chunk or two onto the pile.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,412
Posts18,489,030
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.