Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
but can they dance?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Guess I am more like my earlier ancestors that left England and came and settled at Jamestowne in 1607....

kinda got the wanderlust I reckon....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Seafire

if you are serious about being concerned about social problems, why don't ya get off your ass and get your hands dirty?
instead of driving around in your little Toyota Truck and making videos, so you can make money and call it making awareness of the problem?..

Everything starts with awareness, and increased
awareness can draw in people better able to
assist the Whitakers than the video maker.

Some do gooders do actual good, some don't
I guess it's up to the Whitakers to decide what
they will and wont accept.

Originally Posted by Seafire

Ya know, I bet those poor Whitaker Folks are probably more happier in life, than many other folks who have a lot of money and are feeling sorry for people like them....they didn't look overly stressed out to me.. and in fact, having some stranger showing up and talking to them with a video camera..

So the secret to being happier is poverty and inbreeding? Don't be a dummy, these folk really never have known anything else....so they are comfortable with it....you put them somewhere else, like even in a mental institute, they are far from their comfort zone.. they would have no clue where they are, and the stress would be great....especially since none of them are the brightest crayon in the box.... you don't understand folks like this, because you've never been around them, its not a brag to say sadly I have... I've got relatives in the same town they live in and Odd WVa really ain't much of a town...its an Unincorporated Location..

And video guy is no stranger to them, he included
them in his 2004 book, has made numerous personal
visits over the years since, and this is the first time
he made a video.

I have been watching a lot of his videos just to see what he is really about....all he is doing is taking time to show the poorest of the poor with an agenda... like everyone there is just like that...which isn't so...I have plenty of family in that area.... family roots from the first people to settle there in the early 1700s.. family that are professionals, well educated, involved in Education, a couple of attorneys, and a couple of doctors.. along with a lot of the females working in health care....people who have built businesses, and others who have inherited businesses started long ago...a lot involved in things like Head Start who take care of folks like this.. working for the Federal Government or the State...

you've never been there.. I was born there, and my ancestors have been there going on 300 years....

and then poor mountain Folks... My Mom grew with 4 sisters....she died worth about 2.5 million bucks...in 2019, and was a retired GS 15 with the Federal Government where she worked for 49 years...

Another Aunt and her husband from the same County.... She is the last sister left alive... her and her husband who died in 2000, were worth 15 million plus....owning a construction company up around DC, she retired down there.. Aunt Jo died last year, probably worth several million also, for the property her and her husband owned.. farm land.. several thousand acres.. he husband retire from the Postal Service, just delivering the mail.. and farming...my cousin Jim took over Richards mail route, and just retired a few years ago after 33 years.. he's done well on his own, by that and running construction equipment also, and having about 1500 acres and raising dairy cattle....and then there is Aunt Bunny.. she sadly passed owning nothing and worth about 50 cents...
so ya got me there.. but she's the odd one out....poor choices and bad luck...

but not everyone down in rural America, or Appalachia are poor useless bums...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was hoping this thread was about a gun store and black Friday deals......

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Try Whitakers in Kentucky instead... I am sure Darryk, doesn't want to be associated with the WVa Whitakers...

But hey when ya think about it.... Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden have about as much on the ball as the WVa Whitakers do....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Was hoping this thread was about a gun store and black Friday deals......

Yeah, I fell for that too. Thought they'd opened a new location.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 1936M71, 54 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,073
Posts18,482,653
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.