Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I am truly a Tradescantia zebrina , moved so many times ,I don't know where home is.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Left for a time to go to 2nd college, came back afterward. Should've kept right on going.

L
L
Saw that the place had been absolutely taken over with vines. You couldn't even see the old house.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Graduated high school from a west central Ks high school. Went to college, then left the state for the past 47 years. My career took wife and I to live in five different states.
II make it back home several times per year, mostly to see family and hunt.
IIt’s sad, when I was there numerous occupied farm houses were present within a five mile radius of our house. Today, almost all of those homes are gone or empty.
II know hardly anyone that lives there except my mom, two brothers and their families.
Time marches on.

NRA Patron
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
the farm I grew up on is now a forest not a house in sight..

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes, and it has changed immeasurably! Every time I think of the way it was when I grew up, I think about the Joe South song “ Don’t it Make You Want To Go Home”! memtb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AirBbS4R7Z0&feature=share

Last edited by memtb; 11/29/20.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Grew up in central WV. Started marching in the legions a few months out of HS. Eventually, they marched my ass to AK where I discovered that place down there isn't as free as everyone tries to pretend it is.

Home is now 70 miles S of Fairbanks.

Originally Posted by BtailHunter
Haven't been to where I was raised since the late 80's.

Same here. Passed through on my way to AK in 87. Haven't been back since.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
My trailer park is now a Kroger, I cut another kid’s throat with a hermit crab shell.

That was a awesome story man.
Laffin my azz off !!!👍

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Oh ......
Maine has good WTD hunting.
If you know what the fugg you are doing and the terrian.
In the next 2 or 3 years I will go up from late oct and leave the sunday after T day.

Fugging white welfare state.........
They should change the state emblem to a trailer, bottle of coffee brandy/ liquid leg spreader, bag of dope, and a Birth certificate where the fathers name is "unknown" as the sheild in the background.

Seen enough of the planet and the nation doing unca suga,s grand tour.
The wanderlust was gone long ago.

Oh boy honey...
Look over their
Big Ben and Parliament
Ad nasuem in the traffic circle...

Tn is home.....
And getting on a Jet is never gonna happen again.

Last edited by renegade50; 11/29/20.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Grew up in central WV. Started marching in the legions a few months out of HS. Eventually, they marched my ass to AK where I discovered that place down there isn't as free as everyone tries to pretend it is.

It's not all that free down here,.....but you don't need a hammer and chisel to piss out the back door, either.

,..so there's that.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't even know my way around where I grew up now.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There probably aren't too many places that resemble 1966 like my hometown, though it's certainly not 100%. I like to swing through every couple years when I'm back East, but I can't take too big a dose of it. A little bit is nice though. My two best friends from school died young, and my sister and parents just moved to Florida so my most recent visit there last year might end up being truly the last.

A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I live fairly close to where I grew up. Still hunt the farm where I was raised. I left to go to college in 1978. Lived in Arizona and New Mexico for a dozen years. Moved back in 94 and have been content.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"When you're young you want to get away, when you're old you want to go back".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I left C AR in 1997 when I joined the AF. Wife and I are both from the same town, but only I have family still there. I was stationed at LRAFB as a fluke for 6 years. Wife couldn’t wait to leave, and now she wants to return. We are looking at some land to buy to hunt and build a house on in the future. My oldest says he’s staying in AK, but I think he’ll leave after his commitment in the Army Guard is up and he finishes college. The youngest wants to attend college at Coastal Carolina, so who knows where we will end up. The wife starts her doctorates degree this week, so once she finishes it, we’ll be leaving Alaska. She claims I can be done working at that point, but we have to leave AK to afford for me not to work anymore.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I still live where I was raised..... I didn't move away, but it did. Oh, the buildings and things look more or less the same, but the people.... I don't recognize them. Freaks, hipsters, whiggers, groids, White trash (FAR trashier than when I grew up), mudsharks, skinny-jeans-clad soyboys, mexicans... I am a stranger in the land I grew up in.

If I'm ever able, I'm getting away. Some day.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I never left, I now live 7 miles from where I grew up. Never had the urge to move away from my parents, I knew they wouldn't be around forever.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yes and no. I live in the same neighborhood in which I grew up in. Not in the same conditions by any means. Many of the same great neighbors though, many new ones too. What I miss are the fishing holes and hunting grounds that were nearby.. All vast suburban homes and office parks now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by stevelyn

It's not all that free down here,.....but you don't need a hammer and chisel to piss out the back door, either.

,..so there's that.

Some things are worth the little aggravations. On the upside, I can piss a 5ft high yellow piss stalagmite by mid-March....... of course that's assuming colder temperatures start stabilizing below freezing by the end of October. Otherwise I just end up with a big yellow glacier. Folks that only have outhouses get to build pyramids.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I left NorCal in 1995 via job promotion. I visited my parents annually watching my Mother pass, the accelerated decay of the state until my Father died a few years ago.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 16penny, 63 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,824
Posts18,477,888
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.