Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
How do you like it so far?

Thinking about pulling the .270 trigger on a BF sale.

GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Sorry you're not getting any feedback here. I'm interested in some first-hand experience on the Lupo as well. My dad is a fan of Benelli shotguns so he thinks he wants a Lupo. I've handled a couple of them at Cabela's and they didn't impress me much, but I'm really interested to hear from somebody who owns one (particularly some feedback on the Progressive Comfort recoil reduction system). If that system truly worked well, one of us would probably buy a .300 Win Mag.

Hopefully somebody who owns one will chime in before too long.

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Yes, it's hard to find feedback on these probably because of being so new and quite a high price tag. I've watched a few videos on it and there is absolutely no other rifle that has the adaptable features and customized fit to the shooter that the LUPO does right out of the box. A flush fit 5-round, drop out magazine because of the way the bolt is designed. GENIUS. Looking at their website and what's included, I believe it is a fair price tag for what you get.

I'm still a bit on the fence as I'm not sure if I want to sell an old rifle in exchange for this or not.

I know most people say it's ugly, but it's 2020. I say it looks innovative and fine to my eyes.

Most people want to hate new guns before really looking into what you get.

Last edited by Mach3; 11/28/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
who has the Black Friday sale?

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by cooperfan
who has the Black Friday sale?

Impact Guns for $1200. Looks like the sale has already ended.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have never seen one in a store, but curious to know if they're as "modern" -- I'm trying hard not to say hideous -- in person.

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
I have never seen one in a store, but curious to know if they're as "modern" -- I'm trying hard not to say hideous -- in person.

Anything that doesn't look like it's from the 1960s is "ugly" to most people

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Mach3

Anything that doesn't look like it's from the 1960s is "ugly" to most people

I prefer walnut but don't mind most of the synthetics floating around these days. The LUPO just reminds me of a laser tag gun.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I handled one in lgs. Ergonomics were way off for me, the bolt design is just odd and the looks are terrible. For that kind of money no way. If you buy one good luck ever getting half your money out if it is my guess. They should stick with shotguns of which I have two.

Spence

Last edited by spence1875; 11/29/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by spence1875
I handled one in lgs. Ergonomics were way off for me, the bolt design is just odd and the looks are terrible. For that kind of money no way. If you buy one good luck ever getting half your money out if it is my guess. They should stick with shotguns of which I have two.

Spence

But But But they are a Benelli grin You know the guys that put rubber chevrons on the stocks and claim they shoot softer when they don't . The guns with a spring assembly in the buttstock that limits reliability and then they design and make this abortion. LMFAO you have to be a mass advertising tool to even want to look at it.

IC B3

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
But But But they are a Benelli grin You know the guys that put rubber chevrons on the stocks and claim they shoot softer when they don't . The guns with a spring assembly in the buttstock that limits reliability and then they design and make this abortion. LMFAO you have to be a mass advertising tool to even want to look at it.

Sounds like an opinion of someone who judges a gun by the looks before even holding it to your shoulder or even pulling the trigger.

I don't like the looks either, but if it shoots sub moa, which Benelli guarantees, and manages recoil well, that's all that really matters to me in the end.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
None of my business, but if you're just interested in accurate and decent recoil mitigation, you could probably get it for much cheaper than $1200?

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
None of my business, but if you're just interested in accurate and decent recoil mitigation, you could probably get it for much cheaper than $1200?

Perhaps, but have you read any reviews on it?

Here's the G&A review:
https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/benelli-lupo-review/377053

Doesn't sound like there's a comparable rifle on the market right now

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm surprised you didn't buy it for $1,200, I didn't know about that sale or I would have. I would like to get the 30-06.

reviews are awesome on this rifle, Plus it won 2020 rifle of the year award.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Sounds like an opinion of someone who judges a gun by the looks before even holding it to your shoulder or even pulling the trigger.

I don't like the looks either, but if it shoots sub moa, which Benelli guarantees, and manages recoil well, that's all that really matters to me in the end.

Sounds like the opinion of a guy that has owned a ton of Benelli products.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Here's the G&A review:

Guns and Ammo...LMFAO why did you not add Field and stream and Outdoor life while you were at it?

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
[quote=clockwork_7mm_gator]None of my business, but if you're just interested in accurate and decent recoil mitigation, you could probably get it for much cheaper than $1200?

Here's the G&A review:

Guns and Ammo...LMFAO why did you not add Field and stream and Outdoor life while you were at it?

Look, no need to come here and laugh at me about it. We get it. You hate a rifle you never pulled the trigger on. When did I ever personally praise it and say it was the greatest gun ever? If it was, I would have bought it already. It certainly has some interesting features. No need to be a dick about it towards me.

Last edited by Mach3; 11/30/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Here's the G&A review:

What is wrong with those 3 magazines? Some of the best outdoor writers ever have written for them.

You have no bases for your comments.

Mach3 was simply trying to get a review on here of someone who actually owned one. I thought that is what this site is supposed to be about?

Last edited by cooperfan; 11/30/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Too funny. LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (5sdad, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 16 invisible), 1,664 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,588
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.