Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Or, Slumlord, try living in Alaska for a few years and have every neighborhood being fifty percent crack / meth factories.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Growing up 40 miles from the Meskin border made it easy to move away. If you aren't smuggling dope or aliens, there's not much to do there. We kept the ranch though because taxes are low and people pay stupid money to shoot deer in Dimmit County.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
I think everyone should live in a groid infested shîthole for 2 years minimum.

It builds character. You will never have salmon idaho syndrome (SIS)

Savannah Ga was mine

skip all the paula deen and waterfront, wolfMan jack on the radio, enchantment.

Hickory NC was mine

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kelbro
Growing up 40 miles from the Meskin border made it easy to move away. If you aren't smuggling dope or aliens, there's not much to do there. We kept the ranch though because taxes are low and people pay stupid money to shoot deer in Dimmit County.

One of my ancestors was the first sheriff of that county.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ol_mike
When you go back do you visit the old home place ?

Talked to my older brother on Thanksgiving , he always mentions when you come visit we'll go see all the families old places . Trip down memory lane .

Did it for years - big fields we played ball in sure did shrink .
I grew up in the Philly suburbs and now live at the foot of the Bighorn Mtns. in Wyoming. I felt out of place before I left and 15 yrs. later when I have passed through the area , it is completely foreign to me. The place and the people I grew up with are gone and it was replaced by a Hipster / liberal bastion I can not deal with the humidity and the allergies that I used to and in general feel like I am about to have a panic attack, no trips down memory lane , just a flight response , When I arrive back to my "new" home , it is just that home.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Vermont for the first 72 years. Whatever time left will be right here in the green mountain state.

living the good life every day
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I grew up in Orange County, CA which at one time was the most conservative coastal county in California.
7 years ago I left to attend school at Auburn and never looked back.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
First left my home in Maine when I was 18.

44 years later. Well over 70 moves and 60 countries, I am moving back home to my home in Maine for good in 2 more years. A full cycle smile It has been a fantastic life and with a very understanding wife..

Last edited by andrews1958; 11/30/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
We were a military family and had new homes frequently. Two places from my youth have changed very little. One is Frostproof, FL and the other is Dover, TN. I have visited both in recent times and departed with a smile. The rest have evolved into train wrecks.

wasn't Frostproof where one truckload of poor whites shot and killed another truckload of poor whites recently?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Man sheeit

Get a double Big Char w/cheese at The Dairy Dip in Dover

Chase it with a milkshake, go park at the Natl battlefield across the street and watch bald eagles light in a tree above the Columbiad

Fire up a joint on the way home through Carlisle and Bear Springs

Take the gravel roads through Cross Creeks National Refuge till your buzz come down enough to drive thru TVA security without gettin popped, if not side detour through Stewart St Forest till your eyes no longer need band aids with help of Visine

continue on

Stop at the Busy Bee, get $1.67 in gas and go home.

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I don't.

Grew up in Florida and couldn't stand the weather, the water, the urbanization, or the people. There's nothing for me there other than family members I see at family reunions anyways.

Last edited by DeoVindice; 11/30/20.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I left the small town I grew up in, in 1969, then moved back to the same state when I got out of the Marines and went to college. When I finished my masters I left the state for a short time then came back prior to going to Colorado and on to Alaska. Spent the biggest share of my adult life in Alaska but never had any desire to go back to NM. The little town my mom lived in never really grew up and there's still only one high school. I've got no use for the political corruption in New Mexico so when it was time to retire and move somewhere warmer and less expensive I knew I wasn't going there I've been embarrassed for years for no more times than I made it back to to visit my mother. She passed this year in Arizona in an assisted living home, so I still had to go back to NM to take care of her things and get her house sold. I suspect I'll die here in Idaho as i see no reason to live. I like the freedoms already mentioned above, and the conservatives. My son still lives in Alaska, and that is the hardest part of change and retirement.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My dad was a career naval officer (30 years) and I a career army officer (26) years. From birth until my retirement I never lived in one place longer than 3 years, I've had so many "homes" i wouldn't know which one to go home to. However, I can see how that might be a good problem to have.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This sums things up nice like ...best 3 mins u will see this month...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Humidity over 60% is like water on the witch in OZ to me....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Born and raised in Idaho, moved to Alaska in 71 when I was 14. Married an Alaska girl and will be buried with my parents and friends on Fort Rich. Can't stand the heat down south anymore only go see family in Idaho during the winter. Only been out of state once in 15 years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Humidity over 60% is like water on the witch in OZ to me....

Yup, me too...........Unless I'm in the wood-fired sauna.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I moved away for 30 yrs, but I bought my old home place and 2 years ago we moved back. Spent 1 1//2 yrs remodeling a house and unless something that I cant imagine happens, I'm here to stay.

Things have changed in some ways and not so much in others. I use to know just about everyone, not that way now. A whole generation of young people have grown up and I don't know them. Having said that, there are still a lot of good people in our area.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Or, Slumlord, try living in Alaska for a few years and have every neighborhood being fifty percent crack / meth factories.

At least the weather tends to keep them inside and not wondering the neighborhood.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roundoak
Born in Montana, Dad moved us to Wisconsin when I was 15 to help his Father on the century old dairy farm. Dad's brother got sick and he sent me to Montana to help him out when I was 18. Dad had a farm accident so I moved back to Wisconsin to help out. Older brother took over the farm and I went to college and after graduation took a job in Bakersfield CA and the company relocated me to Prescott AZ. Brother got in a fight with Dad and left the farm. Dad asked me to come home and farm with him. Been on the farm ever since.

I bet "Its a Wonderful Life" strikes a chord with you more than the average guy

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,711
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.