Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by slumlord
That’s in my lease agreement, 2 times I year I change the flapper thingamabob on the john. Gets me into the house for a once over.

I had a neighbor to one of my rentals call me one day, “your groid’s shît is flowing into my backyard and my poopsie poo peekapoo’s feetsies have it on them”

I hate people with phaggot dogs

Anyway, on that it wasnt so much the flapper, it was groidette washing her groidette sista gurl clothes and half of de hood’s fubu duds. Overwhelming my septic.

The place I lost during the dark times with evil #2 had three septic tanks, 2 for the house and one for the shop.
One tank at the house only got the clothes washer and kitchen drains. The county permitted that instead of a huge mound system with pumps and chit grinders.

County has told me[at both houses built w/septic system] to run a dedicated line/pipe over the hill for washing machine, just let it flow freely onto and into the ground.

FJB & FJT

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
My crapper tanks all have lids on the back so I don’t have to see or wonder about something that doesn’t matter.

That’s what I was thinking. Who gives a cshit

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
My crapper tanks all have lids on the back so I don’t have to see or wonder about something that doesn’t matter.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by hanco

I do, most mornings right after coffee.....

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's simple.

1. Put about a quarter cup of bleach OR liquid Lysol in the tank for half an hour. Do NOT MIX ANYTHING WITH BLEACH OR DEATH MAY RESULT!!!

2. Turn OFF FILL VALVE. Flush

3. Fill small bucket with the same solution and recommended amount of water for typical cleaning.....dilute.

4. Wipe with rag.

5. Turn fill valve on.

The time I took to write this your problem will be solved.
None of this will harm the seals, however you can't leave bleach in the tank for long periods.

IC B2

H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
It's simple.

1. Put about a quarter cup of bleach OR liquid Lysol in the tank for half an hour. Do NOT MIX ANYTHING WITH BLEACH OR DEATH MAY RESULT!!!

3. Fill small bucket with the same solution and recommended amount of water for typical cleaning.....dilute.

4. Wipe with rag.

5. Turn fill valve on.

None of this will harm the seals, however you can't leave bleach in the tank for long periods.
Ttt
that is exactly what i did.. alls clean now...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hubert
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
It's simple.

4. Wipe with rag.

5. Turn fill valve on.

Ttt
that is exactly what i did.. alls clean now...

Glad to hear that.
I just checked in for a moment to mention one one more quick point.
The bleach issue is important to pass along to the family because it's not common knowledge that the gasses (chlorine) that are put off when mixing with other household chemicals is one of the most dangerous ones custodians and homemakers face. It's easy for them to remember if they think of Clorox / chlorine. I almost accidentally bought the farm as a teenager mixing it.
In my climate, mold grows quickly too. The damp environment of the tank is even worse, especially if the water isn't chlorinated city water. White vinegar can be used in the same way that I described. The acid should not be left in the tank very long as it will dissolve the porcelain and cause pitting. The same method is good since it kills mold too.

As a preventative you can use Borax from time to time.
1. Dissolve a quarter quarter cup in warm water.

2. Pour it into the tank and mix.

It should not hurt anything, but if you ever see mineral deposits, follow up with vinegar.

The boron in it kills mold as does any residue. It can also be used in place of bleach if any household members are sensitive to chemicals.

Have a great week!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Vinegar also kills mold. DO NOT MIX WITH BLEACH. Add a cup to the tank every so often.

Yeah, mold isn't good for some people's respiratory systems. It's not just a city thing.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by grouseman
Vinegar also kills mold. DO NOT MIX WITH BLEACH. Add a cup to the tank every so often.

Yeah, mold isn't good for some people's respiratory systems. It's not just a city thing.

Exactly.
I might not have been clear on that point, so anyone reading should go back and double check what I said.

When mentioning vinegar, it was to be used in the same way I described bleach. It was not to be mixed with it. It was simply another option for use if handy. When I said,

"White vinegar can be used in the same way that I described. The acid should not be left in the tank very long as it will dissolve the porcelain and cause pitting. The same method is good since it kills mold too."

... I intended it as an optional replacement and not a vinegar/ bleach combination.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Scrub with baking soda....rinse with vinegar......

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bleach and Draino crystals are pretty bad too. Just about melted an old woman’s mailbox when were punk kids.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (35, BamBam, 10gaugemag, AnthonyB, bbassi, BALLISTIK, 8 invisible), 1,280 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,234
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.