Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cousins boy kilt his first last night.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
9.3 posted the following on 10-22-20

Originally Posted by 9point3
3 dead dear pics! you guys are on fire!

Originally Posted by jwall

Originally Posted by 9point3
3 dead dear pics! you guys are on fire!

Well...where are your dead deer?

NO posts since 10-22, hum,... amazing

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

This boy shot his first buck today.

I did not help, but I built the shelves on the wall of my brother's shop.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I got this one on 11/23/2020 in Alabama. 17 3/4” inside spread, 22” main beams. For Alabama, this is a good buck and I’m blessed to have gotten him. Thank you Lord for sending him my way!

I shot him with a TC Venture 30-06, topped with a Leupold 3-9x50 VX2. Great setup, and it’s a tack-driver.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Please tell him I said,
“ FANTASTIC “

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
C R

Indeed that’s a Goodun

Congrats

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ClaimsRep
I got this one on 11/23/2020 in Alabama. 17 3/4” inside spread, 22” main beams. For Alabama, this is a good buck and I’m blessed to have gotten him. Thank you Lord for sending him my way!

I shot him with a TC Venture 30-06, topped with a Leupold 3-9x50 VX2. Great setup, and it’s a tack-driver.

Nice Alabama buck!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

Great first buck!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good ones!

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tomorrow is the last day of Michigan's firearms deer season and since I work tomorrow, today was my last chance to score. It's been a pretty dismal deer season for me, (maybe even worse than last year, which was terrible). In order to make the best of a season that has challenged my resolve, I decided that for my last time out this season, I would change up the rifle I would carry and take out the rifle my Dad has owned and carried afield since he was a teenager in the 50's, a '94 in .32 Special. He gave it to me a few years ago and it has sat in the safe ever since.

I was hoping it would bring me some magic today. That didn't happen, but it was nice to carry it through the woods for the first time. Yep, the first time. Funny, but it occurred to me that for as long as that rifle has been in my life, I've never carried it to hunt with.

I was hoping to be able to call Dad and tell him that his rifle had made meat again, but I'll settle for letting him know that I took it out for a walk. He'll probably like hearing that.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Tomorrow is the last day of Michigan's firearms deer season and since I work tomorrow, today was my last chance to score. It's been a pretty dismal deer season for me, (maybe even worse than last year, which was terrible). In order to make the best of a season that has challenged my resolve, I decided that for my last time out this season, I would change up the rifle I would carry and take out the rifle my Dad has owned and carried afield since he was a teenager in the 50's, a '94 in .32 Special. He gave it to me a few years ago and it has sat in the safe ever since.

I was hoping it would bring me some magic today. That didn't happen, but it was nice to carry it through the woods for the first time. Yep, the first time. Funny, but it occurred to me that for as long as that rifle has been in my life, I've never carried it to hunt with.

I was hoping to be able to call Dad and tell him that his rifle had made meat again, but I'll settle for letting him know that I took it out for a walk. He'll probably like hearing that.

I personally think you should call in sick tomorrow and take that rifle of your dads for another walk. You may be surprised how quick your season can change! 😉

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RickyBobby

I personally think you should call in sick tomorrow and take that rifle of your dads for another walk. You may be surprised how quick your season can change! 😉

x2, can’t be too careful with viruses and such about.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

His 4 year old sister showed up today in a pink dress wanting to see her brother's buck.

She ran into my brother's shop for the first time, grabbed the hanging buck by a leg and spun the deer. She put her hands on her hips and demanded of her brother, "WHERE DID YOU HIT HIM?"

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by RickyBobby

Yes, good idea. But you should avoid to tell about your hunting success but if you would try to encrypt the message. What about: There are 1894 plus 32 special reasons that made my day.

Nice story, very nice rifle. Just by seeing the loading gate it was clear: that must be a pre64 1894.

Elmer Keith
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She kilt Ol' Twinkletoe....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22
She kilt Ol' Twinkletoe....

That's pretty cool or fugged up, not sure which.

Nice buck!

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nice buck Huntsman. I killed a pretty big whitetail one year with a toe like that. Same year I killed an ancient 7X bull elk with one hoof normally shaped but about the size of a pie plate.

PS what kind of suppressor is on your rifle?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is a tbac ultra7 30 on her 300wsm. It belongs to my boss' wife. I'm just the guide/gut'em boy/skinnerdude and general workerman....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
her buck from last year

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice bucks!!!

Molon Labe
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 32 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,446
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.