GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Can't fathom giving a chit.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

That said, not a thing wrong with a round because it's in vogue, it got there on it's HYPE.[/quote]FIXT

There will be another mo better almost identical in a few, like as soon as increasing sales start to plateau.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Itā€™s the modern day 7mmRM.

ā€œShe flies flat for about 3 hunnert, then raises up a bit.....ā€

Iā€™m liking the Grendel.

Hahaha. Truth. Held dead on that sucker at 700 yds, too.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/01/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Wow. Allegedly grown men fighting over the shape of a piece of brass. Blowhards are everywhere. Ask one about anything, and they will have a response. Hate them at will.

I donā€™t have a creed, probably wonā€™t. What I have already works for everything I need done so far. Maybe in the future, I could go 6 creed for a walking coyote rifle, but right now, its a 243 because I can find ammo cheap and most anywhere. What really blows my mind is the emotion grown men attach to a cartridge. Itā€™s simply a tool, like nails in a nailgun. You can argue all day long about whether a bostitch is better than paslode or not, but nobody argues about the nails. IUse what works, and roll on. No need to waste energy on it.

BS. 243s are sweet.

6mm Creed is about the only ammo on shelves out here. That and a random box of 44-40 or some other obscure schit.

ā€œLife is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.ā€
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The creeds are very nice rounds.

It ainā€™t just the brass, itā€™s the whole package.

ā€œLife is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.ā€
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MadMooner
The creeds are very nice rounds.

It ainā€™t just the brass, itā€™s the whole package.

You're going to give them a heart attack!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Itā€™s the Ethel Merman of cartridges.

[Linked Image from cdn.someecards.com]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
^^^^^^^ That's what is odd to me, that anyone would think anyone thinks that.

--- Kid Rock 2022

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Wow. Allegedly grown men fighting over the shape of a piece of brass. Blowhards are everywhere. Ask one about anything, and they will have a response. Hate them at will.

I donā€™t have a creed, probably wonā€™t. What I have already works for everything I need done so far. Maybe in the future, I could go 6 creed for a walking coyote rifle, but right now, its a 243 because I can find ammo cheap and most anywhere. What really blows my mind is the emotion grown men attach to a cartridge. Itā€™s simply a tool, like nails in a nailgun. You can argue all day long about whether a bostitch is better than paslode or not, but nobody argues about the nails. IUse what works, and roll on. No need to waste energy on it.

BS. 243s are sweet.

I like mine, even with its non sexy shoulder, too short throat, and other long list of deficiencies. The way it kills, I sometimes wonder how good it could be if it only had a 30 degree shoulder.šŸ˜‚ May try the creed version just to see. Maybe not, too. Seems like two peas in a pod, unless you gotta have dem long heavy boolits to kill stuff way out there. Around here, thatā€™s a little pointless, at least for hunting. 80 to 95 grains kills deer like lightning, and stuff down to 55 grs. knocks the snot out of anything smaller. At least out to 300 or so, which is as long as it gets here unless you work to have more. Even then, I have watched my uncle kill a buck with one shot at 500, using 100 grain Winchester Power Point ammo. Seems being able to shoot makes up for a lot. The Creeds check a lot of boxes, especially for a guy starting out and not planning to load his own. For a lot of us who already have stuff we like, the Creeds are likely more of the same. Nothing to get excited about, either way.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My furthest deer kill was ranged right at 400 yds.......6mmBR, 105 amax, double lunged, golf ball sized exit......2850 mv.

No flies on a good 6mm bullet placed thru vitals.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Damn old .243, poor fella went all of 10 feet[downhill].

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 65BR
My furthest deer kill was ranged right at 400 yds.......6mmBR, 105 amax, double lunged, golf ball sized exit......2850 mv.

No flies on a good 6mm bullet placed thru vitals.

Is the 6CM part of the flat brim fairy boot snowflake brigade?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Like the 223 the 6.5 creed is very popular not quite as much as the 223 but getting close. I am looking forward to the day that I can find piles of once fired 6.5 Creedmoor brass laying in the dirt waiting for me to pickup for no other reason than to enhance my asset holdings. One man's trash is another's treasure. I like free brass I don't care what the head stamp is I'll use it or trade it for something I need. Magnum Bob

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
6.5 CM is probably one of the easiest cartridges to load for. All you need is a 4350 powder donā€™t care which one and pick a bullet donā€™t care which one and it will shoot.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You really should get one of em 6.5 Creedmucks. Itā€™s so flat shooting gravity doesnā€™t even effect it. Itā€™s witchcraft I think.
If you had one of them 6.5 things and a .280 you would be king of the mountain. You would be set for gophers to Tyrannosaurus Rex. Everyone knows how much better the .280 is than the 270 or 30-06 šŸ™„

Last edited by ridgerunner_ky; 12/02/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any caliber bullet and corresponding case can be designed similarly to optimize performance. It isn't magic but the art of matching bullet design to casing design to rifle design. The future will likely see many new cartridges/bullets/rifles designed by better thinking.

That's what we do as a culture. That's what has Made America Great. We never stop improving. I'm looking forward to the next improved cartridge and rifle. Do we need it? Maybe not, but it is our very nature to always strive for something better. When we stop doing so we will no longer be Great.

God Bless America
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Always have wondered, what would the .243 be, with a sharper shoulder, longer neck, and rifles built for it? Twist and barrel length for the bullet/load the user wants to use, throat for same. Mag box to match, maybe even a medium length action if needed for feeding constraints. Hell, say 5-10 grains more powder capacity, and even heavier, longer bullets for those who wish to use them. A 120 grain 6 mm would have an ungodly BC and cheat wind like a sumbitch. Be the damn wonder cartridge of the century...šŸ˜‚

Of course, I probably described an existing cartridge I am not loony enough to know about, seems there is nothing new under the sun. Creeds are a standard mousetrap made slightly better to work within the existing constraints, and maybe further limited by arbitrary rules for the games they were developed to be used in. I am a hunter and shooter, not a competitor, so my mind runs more to changing the constraints rather than fitting a cartridge to the ones I have. And too, I am not enthused about trading velocity for BC, when I could build something that gives me both.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I havent boughten in yet. Im invested already in 308 win and now 270 win and 30-06. Ive got an old Sako fullstock 243 win ive never shot besides those. Really i cant find a need for the Creed in that it does anythingbbetter than what im already geared up for. That cpuld change but ill need to sell something off before im buying in.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Always have wondered, what would the .243 be, with a sharper shoulder, longer neck, and rifles built for it? Twist and barrel length for the bullet/load the user wants to use, throat for same. Mag box to match, maybe even a medium length action if needed for feeding constraints. Hell, say 5-10 grains more powder capacity, and even heavier, longer bullets for those who wish to use them. A 120 grain 6 mm would have an ungodly BC and cheat wind like a sumbitch. Be the damn wonder cartridge of the century...šŸ˜‚

Of course, I probably described an existing cartridge I am not loony enough to know about, seems there is nothing new under the sun. Creeds are a standard mousetrap made slightly better to work within the existing constraints, and maybe further limited by arbitrary rules for the games they were developed to be used in. I am a hunter and shooter, not a competitor, so my mind runs more to changing the constraints rather than fitting a cartridge to the ones I have. And too, I am not enthused about trading velocity for BC, when I could build something that gives me both.

Not the same bolt face, but without looking up 6mm wildcats, you've about described 6mmPRC performance. And with the highest BC bullets the cartridge really could use a medium action. Bigger badder 6mm's exist, but there ain't no free lunch. Barrel life quickly becomes one of the draw backs.

Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (2500HD, 160user, 222ND, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,608
Posts18,511,652
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.