Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by roninflag
not easy. 40,000 tags; less than 250 wolves killed. i only have to better than 39,700 others that actually live there. also besides the wilderness and vast, rugged country they live in, it gets quite cold where they live. take some warm high tech clothing. there is a guy on long range hunting that has shot a few . some very long with very accurate rifles
What year is your data from? The IDFG shows 45k tags and 188 wolves in 2019.
Rock - i referred to my memory of when i studied this several years ago, for a rough estimate. my recollection was closer to actual than i thought. thank you for your update. Besides the long odds ( very long); i recall that many of the 188 are shot in september and october during bow seasons or other targets of opportunity. i would prefer to shoot a winter wolf, having the season opening on december 1 or so. Ron

GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Quote...... Dan- you found the wolf thread on LRH?

Yes Ron... I've been over there on their site as well. Some good information over there, but the guys here on 24 HourCampFire give me more feedback and response... along with more harsh and bashing opinions as well... but that's okay...LOL.

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Well.... I guess it's going to be a BUST for me this year, which is disappointing to me, especially sense I ran my mouth so much about going after those Wolves this year.... and bearing up under all the internet abuse that I had to endure... but that's okay because I seem to always be outside of the Normal Box...LOL. I should be out West... RIGHT NOW... but I'm not... oh bummer. I started dragging my feet when this crazy president election made me a little concern about getting back home if the country shut down or locked down travel movement, because i have to be home March 1st to start staining log homes.. which is what my wife and I do for a living... and jobs are already backed up. BUT... the MAIN REASON I decided to put it off until next year is this picture that my wife painted for me. I'm going to spend my energy turning that picture into a Billboard. We stain log homes so that we can install and rent billboards all along our major highways here in SC. For the last three years we have posted several of the yellow and red billboards like the picture below, and will be adding more with my Wife's painting on it like the one posted below... which will be our first of it's kind.. a 14x40 ft. We have them all along I-95 and I-26, so you would have to drive to Florida with your eyes closed for not seeing them... well... unless you went down I-20... and we need to get that route covered as well.
Our down time from work is Nov-March, which is our play time, and I got all excited about chasing those wolves during Jan-Feb... but.. I guess I'll focus more on these 100,000 two legged wolves that drive down our highways every day, instead of chasing those 4 legged wolves.... well... as least for THIS YEAR. Hopefully next year I will be more dedicated and more prepared. The HOT weather here makes us shut down again in July-August, and I have thought of exploring wolf country during that time... we'll see. I apologize to all of you Guys for letting my zeal cause me to look and sound like I'm talking out of my butt...LOL... but my heart is right about wanting to do the right thing in Life... as well with chasing those Wolves.
Thanks so much for putting up with me. May Jesus Bless You All in Many Ways. Dan

Here are a few pictures of the several we have up.

This is my Wife's painting...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is her painting attached to a new statement on our new 14x40 ft billboard.

Here are a few of our normal boards, but most all of the other ones look like the bottom picture.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Oh Jesus Christ..,

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Oh Jesus Christ..,

I have learned 2 things this morning....1. this guy is a nut...2. Jesus could possibly be a mexican......bob

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are certainly right about one of those.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We should have judged this guy a goofball the moment the poorly baited hook hit the water. Oh well, better we remain eternal optimists than surrender.

Wolf hunting remains an interesting topic if you like hunting as much a killing. My experience so far has shown me that they are easy to pack out.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just today, I was asked to go wolf hunting with some friends of mine in Montana.

I had to say okay.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Lol......tried to point it out to you guys. Ol’ Dan The Van Man is a dreamer, and lives in his own little world.

But I give Dan credit for thinking big, anyway......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DanBrothers
...... I apologize to all of you Guys for letting my zeal cause me to look and sound like I'm talking out of my butt........... all the internet abuse that I had to endure......

Dan, I'm no expert but do you think there might be a connection between these two seemingly unrelated events? Or is that just too far-fetched?

And thanks for the pics. I find that when I'm on the brink of straying, a few butt-ugly billboards painted in the most obnoxious colors imaginable always help. They always brighten up my day and make for such a pleasant drive. Almost as nice as an 18-wheeler's air horn.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Oh Jesus Christ..,

I have learned 2 things this morning....1. this guy is a nut...2. Jesus could possibly be a mexican......bob

It was pretty obvious from the start that this guy is one of those " I'm gonna do this for sure...."guys who never makes it out of his hometown.

And item #2 I think Jesus was named after a mexican..theres a LOT of them called Jesus...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DanBrothers

Well, see, this is exactly why I continue to come to the campfire –– the ongoing information and education.

Por ejemplo - for the entirety of my adult life, I have spent considerable time wondering what whack jobs pay for and install these gahhhtt-damn eyesores – and why..........

annnnnnnd, now I know. laugh

Has anyone ever considered that if the big guy was gonna have a conversation, he'd likely not yell in all-red-caps - nor would he want to be spoken to in that tone? whistle whistle

WWP53D
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by smokepole

And thanks for the pics. I find that when I'm on the brink of straying, a few butt-ugly billboards painted in the most obnoxious colors imaginable always help. They always brighten up my day and make for such a pleasant drive. Almost as nice as an 18-wheeler's air horn.

lol.....oh jeeez, ........oh god........laughing hard now.

I'm going to bed, this is too much........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Now you know where the >>>>>>>>>>>CAPITAL LETTERS AND SYMBOLS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< came from, they're right out of the Obnoxious Billboards Handbook.

Good thing he didn't figure out how to use colored fonts.........

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

>>>>LOL<<<<

>>>>LOL<<<<

>>>>LOL<<<<

Last edited by DanBrothers; 02/03/21.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good one Dan!!

But what, no yellow font?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Can't you just not talk about it online, and actually go wolf hunting? Then later, after you've gone, we can discuss it?

What's funny is that where I live, I am wolf hunting right now looking out the dining room bay window. I don't see any, by the way.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All those deer and elk and still screaming for his help...

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (44mc, 2UP, 470Evans, 375TN, 35, 17 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,957
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.