Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have had the Chargemaster 1500 since it first came out (can't remember the year), and have loaded thousands of rounds with it.
I have noticed it drift a bit from time to time but just re-zero and good to go. the only issue I have had is a strange one...........the second row of numbers on the pad 4,5,6 very seldom come up on the display as 4,5,6 the first time. for example if I am trying to load 25.0 grains of powder the display will say 22 several times until the 5 kicks in. kind of annoying but not worth getting a new one over, and yes RCBS has confirmed it is way out of warranty !!!!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by boatanchor
I have had the Chargemaster 1500 since it first came out (can't remember the year), and have loaded thousands of rounds with it.
I have noticed it drift a bit from time to time but just re-zero and good to go. the only issue I have had is a strange one...........the second row of numbers on the pad 4,5,6 very seldom come up on the display as 4,5,6 the first time. for example if I am trying to load 25.0 grains of powder the display will say 22 several times until the 5 kicks in. kind of annoying but not worth getting a new one over, and yes RCBS has confirmed it is way out of warranty !!!!

I think Jim Conrad had an issue like that with his. I could be mistaken as to the nature of the problem he was having, but give him a shout...the effort might pay off for you.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
RCBs ChargeMaster 1500.
If you don't deserve that one, have her get you the cheaper ChargeMaster Lite.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Quite surprised no one has mentioned the FX 120i with version 3 autotrickler.

https://www.autotrickler.com/autotrickler.html

This thing has changed the way I reload. I can load something as little as 2 gr of Bullseye or 125 gr of BlackHorn 209 in a matter of seconds to +/- .02 (two one hundredths of a grain). Super fast and Super accurate!! Price but with the amount of reloading I do....soooo worth it!

Alan

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by GSSP

Alan

Actually Higginez did mention it earlier in this thread
For that kind of money it is crazy that you have to buy it in 2 different places and wait 8 weeks

think for that kind of money I would be more likely to try this
matchmaster

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Alan

For that kind of money it is crazy that you have to buy it in 2 different places and wait 8 weeks

Must have missed that. I obtained mine, in it's entirety from the first link...CE Products....and it was definitely worth the wait!

Alan

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
A & D scales are great when they work good not so great when they don't. For 20 years they were an everyday deal for me to work with. Worked with 12 and30 kg models as well as the smaller ek-200 and FX'200i models used in that V3 system. Probably one of the best small scales out there but if they have a problem you are ahead to throw away and buy another. Factory service sucks. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Alan

think for that kind of money I would be more likely to try this
matchmaster

I think it has an 8 week wait, but I didn't buy in two different places. I bought
here.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I will be the weirdo...I have had a Hornady AutoCharge for 7 or 8 years now, and its been completely trouble free. It runs Varget just fine, which seems to be the test of any electronic measure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had a Chargemaster for a long time and been very happy with it. It did start failing calibration at one point well after the warranty had expired. Contacted RCBS and shipped it off to them and they shipped me a new one for $50.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Chargemaster series of auto dispensers have been on my bench for quite a few years now and have been solid. The 0/50/100 gram calibration is kind of a joke given most powder chargers are less than 5 grams (77 grains).....but that's the way RCBS configured the auto-calibration. I do have a set of NIST traceable lab weights that I use to verify the scale in the 1 to 5 gram range before starting and periodically during. Also, I plug the units into a clean power supply.

Last edited by 32_20fan; 12/11/20.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We run approx 8-9 Chargemasters at work. They work for what we do. Some over throw, a lot. Some, are right on. I do love to come home to my FX120i with V3 auto trickler.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 32 invisible), 1,791 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,471
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.