Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
elkrazy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
If you wanted a light weight 257 WBY - which would you do:

- Find a colt light rifle and have Mel Forbes rebarrel and do his transformation into a faux NULA

- Find a donor Kimber Montana 8400 in a long magnum and have it rebarreled into 257 WBY

- Buy a some weatherby Mark V - but which one?

Last edited by elkrazy; 12/07/20. Reason: Typo
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
#1.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
From the choices listed, I'd lean towards the first one. Especially if you can find a CLR with the magnum bolt. I think I'd really like one in 257 Bee or 264 Win.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Id get a Defiance anTi and go from there!

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by duckhunter175
Id get a Defiance anTi and go from there!

+1.....I built one on a Defiance Rebel with Sheep Port, Fluted 24" Mullerworks #3 and a MPI Rifles Inc style stock and it came in at just under 5 3/4lb before optics.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
option #1 for me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Remington 700 SPS 26" barrel, 6lb 3oz before optics.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ed
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkrazy

- Find a colt light rifle and have Mel Forbes rebarrel and do his transformation into a faux NULA

- Find a donor Kimber Montana 8400 in a long magnum and have it rebarreled into 257 WBY

What are you HOPING to accomplish? Why said chambering? Hint.

The CLR's are pieces of fhuqking schit,due COAL. Hint.

The 8400 grants more,if you happen to like it's ergos. Hint.

A Mark V would be my last choice for ANY fhuqking chambering,mainly because they are pieces of fhuqking schit. Hint.

In fairness however,I've shot out (5) 257 WBY spouts on Custom 700's(lotsa COAL there). Hint.

Do you reload? Hint.

The sooner you become realistic and look at boolits first,you'll look to chamber much differently. Hint.

Very easy to arrange a Montucky 84L High RPM Six Twat-Six,that'll crush the 257Wby. Hint.

1-8" Bartlein here,in a dupe,wearing reduced shank. (4) pokes in the belly,minimal recoil and meaningful BC's,at meaningful velocity...with 20-ish less grains of powder. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Easy for me to say,as I simply shoot it all and then some. Hint.

You've been led to water.

Thank me later.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
start with a action of choice.parts of your choice and send them to a competent riflesmith.ak416 and duckhunter had some good ideas.as far as barrels i have used many of the top makers.they are all good.broughton was my favorite.my next will be dan mullers.my opinion the best out there now.im having jon beanland build me a 257 beginning of year after i send all the parts.there are many skilled gunsmiths out there.we just lost one in robert gradous where there might be the equal.none better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weatherby Back country MK V with leupold 4.5-14

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SlobberingSquatToPee,

PM your addy and I'll mail you a box of "shift" keys,so you can explore the REWARDING World of "paragraphs"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I DARE you to muse "particulars",if only because the "attempt" will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your Drooling CLUELESS Dumbfhuqktitude.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Kchuntis,

That may as well be a NERF "rifle",with ''all" that you "do" "Outdoors"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your version of "Reloading",is putting Colored Water in your SuperSoaker. Hint. LAUGHING!

1000 words from USE. Google it,as you MUST. Hint. LAUGHING!

Don't ''forget",that you "can't read" this,due your Heralded plea of Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as you yet again quantify that besides being a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you just "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best and what were the "odds"?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hammer to this rifle and a pipe wrench to another.

Damn, Stinky, you do good work. You are one stupid little mutt.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever you alcoholic misanthrope of a gnome. You wish you can accomplish what I have in life.
Go paint your POS rifles like someone threw up a bag of skittles! You fraction-of-a-man! Loser!

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6mm,

It is a curious constant,that you CLUELESS Drooling DUMB Fhuqks,wish to perpetually reiterate that you are also Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Allow me to reaffirm,that there is zero need for you Fhuqktards to do so. Though in fairness,your surging Estrogen Levels and Brokedicktitude are THE reasons why it is sooooooo reliably fhuqking FUNNY! Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Laughing!

I get it,that you are in the hilariously unfortunate position to "flaunt" that Imagination and Pretend are free,which is the ONLY reason you can "afford" to "contribute". Do NOT slight that HILARITY. Hint. LAUGHING!

Now if only in fairness,said receiver was on it's 2nd set of failed LW's and even Stevie Wonder could grasp same,from the "slight" amount paint masking the receiver. Not that I'd wish to impede your Retardation in it's Sweet "Satisfactions",upon ANY level. There's likely a Pun intended. Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

To date and from the hip,I've only had (8) LW failures and pardon that total being greater than your "collection" or dollars in your wallet. Hint. LAUGHING!

It simply runs the gamut,despite your drooling maw and crossed-eyes. Hint. LAUGHING!

Meaning,it ain't even "fair" to your "means","abilities" or "comprehension",but it's fhuqking FUNNIER than fhuqk,that you TRY. Hint. LAUGHING!

I'm rather at ease with Hammer Time,though it being greater in value than a week's "wages" for you. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for your Crying Karen Routine,which sure as fhuqk is NO "Act".

Hint.

Laughing!...................

Kchuntis,

Kudos to you,that in your book of Drooling Retardation,being a Whining CLUELESS Fhuqk and a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit are "accomplishments"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless you heart,for doing your fhuqking HILARIOUS best you Drooling Fhuqktard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Now again,if only in "fairness" you two Brokedick Drooling Clueless Fhuqktard Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit should conjoin your "powers". Hint.

LAUGHING!................

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You're sure proud of your fugged up junk Stinky.

You ever make anything of value, or can you only take things of value and turn them into junk.

You put a whole new meaning to "inferiority/runt complex".

Now come up with something besides your worn out cut n past chit Stinky.

Come on Stinky, come on, little mutt.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
gentleman.many have learned years ago to ignore the so called big stick.have never and never will respond.seriously do as you wish but it feeds his disturbed and unbalanced mind and soul.quite obvious not alot other to do with his time.truly sad.a creature with his own version of a dialect all his own

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick

What are you HOPING to accomplish? Why said chambering? Hint.

The CLR's are pieces of fhuqking schit,due COAL. Hint.

The 8400 grants more,if you happen to like it's ergos. Hint.

A Mark V would be my last choice for ANY fhuqking chambering,mainly because they are pieces of fhuqking schit. Hint.

In fairness however,I've shot out (5) 257 WBY spouts on Custom 700's(lotsa COAL there). Hint.

Do you reload? Hint.

The sooner you become realistic and look at boolits first,you'll look to chamber much differently. Hint.

Very easy to arrange a Montucky 84L High RPM Six Twat-Six,that'll crush the 257Wby. Hint.

1-8" Bartlein here,in a dupe,wearing reduced shank. (4) pokes in the belly,minimal recoil and meaningful BC's,at meaningful velocity...with 20-ish less grains of powder. Hint.

Easy for me to say,as I simply shoot it all and then some. Hint.

You've been led to water.

Thank me later.

Hint.................

That's a [bleep] less powder

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6mm,

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some and in extrapolation,while you set aboard your Couchbound CLUELESS Kchunt and quantify that you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "luck" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless you heart,for doing your fhuqking HILARIOUS best you Drooling Fhuqktard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!............

SlobberingSquatToPee,

It is never not Hilariously Fascinating,that you Crying CLUELESS Karens "magically" gravitate to becoming a plural,yet can NEVER offer anything in the first hand other than Whining...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Very GOOD call to refrain ALL things The Rifle and go right to your Vagina Monologue instead,because it wasn't going to "work" worth a fhuqk,if you tried. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,that your DUMBFHUQKTITUDE is no "Act".

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

'zone,

Along with it,comes numerous mechanical advantages. Such as Lapua brass. Hint.

Reduced ES/SD. Hint.

Vastly superior projectiles. Hint.

Less noise. Hint.

Less recoil. Hint.

Greater barrel life. Hint.

Greater terminal effects. Hint.

Less wind drift. Hint.

Cheaper to feed,with superior ammo to boot. Hint.

Yada,yada,yada...there is no "downside". Hint.

Then there's the subjective quotient,that 84L ergo's simply stand alone.

Hint......................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I built 2 of them on Savage long actions which work just fine. The first one with a long heavy Hart barrel, strictly for rockchucks is very nicely accurate, and fast with 100's. Just demolishes a 'chuck. It works so well I did another one with heavy sporter barrel, also on a Savage. The Savage action gets poo-poo'd but is plenty long enough for a Wby cartridge and Sharpshooters has a good trigger for it. Also feeds perfectly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick

And what do you contribute? Vitriol and hatred.

μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (160user, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,518
Posts18,472,501
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.