Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nuts, bolts, screws and nails. I've got buckets of loose hardware. I'll never use it all but as mentioned it saves a trip to the store (if I can find it).

Books. Finally started donating to the local library because I am out of room to keep any more.

Fishing lures and fishing poles.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by joken2

Wife always has at least one cat so cat litter is always on the shopping list. My hoarding weakness is collecting the empty heavy-duty plastic buckets w/ lids the brand she buys is sold in. Handy as all get-out for lots of things. I use them to store wild bird feed in as they keep stuff dry and safe from rodents and insects, water for flushing toilet when main is down for repairs, fishing bait, ice melt, dry fertilizer, even as planters for tomatoes and such, etc. I usually have about a dozen at all times.

[Linked Image from i5.walmartimages.com]

Oh good its not just me. I've got 3 or 4 full of stuff in the garage and another 2 or 3 on stand by. I keep going to pitch the empty ones out but that stupid hey I might need that thing creeps in.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JPro
What things are difficult for you to pass up in the stores? What's tough to make yourself throw away, or quit stocking up on? (Aside from ammo/components).

Oh...in that case....nevermind.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ammo for everything I shoot, but only when I can find it reasonably priced. Toilet paper and paper towels. About 2 cs. of each. Canned goods. Practical first aid supplies and my Rx meds. I pull one pill out of each refill and s
squirrel it away. Extra gasoline when the prices are down. A few MRE's. I guess lots of offs and ends.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Ham.

Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Guns...I like guns.

Dam it.

Ok, I do hoard.

Jim, whole hams? I buy those thanks and butts for $.99/#.
Sore Dick deal, you just can't beat it.

Slice it off for sammies, ham and eggs, whatever.
It keep a looonnngggg time. If you throw half of it away, it's still cheap.
Cook the very end for pot pie or beans.

Soon be some of them waiting for me.
Bet we have a couple in a freezer now!

Great thing about ham is that it is ready to eat!

Good emergency food.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Boomers like to hoard random odd things, like bulk crappy .22lr ammunition. Which is fine since they leave the good SK, wolf mt, eley, and cci target stuff alone....its not 2 cents a round I guess.

Maybe so, but I have just of 10,000 round of crappy 22 LR that shoots good enough tag a rabbet at 50 yards. I don't really shoot many targets. Just small game.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Combination guns...drillings, cape guns, BBFs...

NO, I can't really afford them, so they get traded and sold, and other new-to-me toys come to visit. It's my blue steel and walnut savings account.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by colorado bob
hundred dollar bills---never have enough of them--:)

I have one of those, just one.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Salty303

Wife always has at least one cat so cat litter is always on the shopping list. My hoarding weakness is collecting the empty heavy-duty plastic buckets w/ lids the brand she buys is sold in. Handy as all get-out for lots of things. I use them to store wild bird feed in as they keep stuff dry and safe from rodents and insects, water for flushing toilet when main is down for repairs, fishing bait, ice melt, dry fertilizer, even as planters for tomatoes and such, etc. I usually have about a dozen at all times.

Oh good its not just me. I've got 3 or 4 full of stuff in the garage and another 2 or 3 on stand by. I keep going to pitch the empty ones out but that stupid hey I might need that thing creeps in.

Every now and then when I have accumulated too many I have some neighbors that always are glad to get a few.

One works at a RV sales and service business and takes them to their maintenance shop to use draining fluids out of RVs.

Another neighbor runs catfish trot-lines and likes to use them for keeping fresh bait in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

G R E A T idea!! cool cool

I think I'll have the wife buy this kind of litter, instead of the kind in bags. I'm always running to Big-R and buying plastic buckets.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mirage243
Pussy

beat me to it. lol

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JPro
What things are difficult for you to pass up in the stores? What's tough to make yourself throw away, or quit stocking up on? (Aside from ammo/components).

For me, it seems like I can't not grab steaks when they're on special. Half a dozen packages seem to always find their way to one of the freezers.

I also find myself "collecting" spray paint when I walk by that aisle. There's two or three huge totes of spray paint in my storage shed, as you never know when you'll need to paint a deer stand, or an ATV rack, or some steel targets. My wife and kids try to steer me away from that part of the store.

Pocket-size LED flashlights are everywhere around my place too, on all the nightstands, by all the doors, in all the cars. And with flashlights you have to have lots of batteries on hand, so you need a "battery cabinet" in the laundry room.

I also can't make myself throw away the good plastic coffee cans, as I always set them aside for brass or bullets.

Got to have a variety of good boxes for shipping guns and scopes too. I purged my attic earlier this year and it hurt to throw out a lot of those extra ones. I just know I'll need that exact box when it's time to ship something next month.

Bet I have a washtub full of handwarmers and footwarmers too. Grab a pack in the store, get a pack in your stocking, and it adds up over the years.

Surprisingly, my place does not look like an episode of "Hoarders" as useless junk and clutter tends to find its way to Goodwill or the dumpster.....

In no particular order: Fuel for generators, rice, flower, baking chocolate, noodles, food in jars with long expiration dates, medical alcohol, spray that kills 99% of germs, medications .......For defense I have a handgun with four magazines and 250 cartouches.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Green garbage bags full of used 20 gauge shotgun shells. For years I reloaded all my shells but since prices on components have risen so much I now buy factory ammo. My wife keeps after me to get rid of some of the supply but I cant make my self do it.

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G R E A T idea!! cool cool

I think I'll have the wife buy this kind of litter, instead of the kind in bags. I'm always running to Big-R and buying plastic buckets.

^ Plus...... they stack! So hoarding them doesn't take much space.
Its one of these deals where its way the hell over built for the intended use of just cat litter. They're tough.

Last edited by Salty303; 12/11/20.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Pennies. Thousands and thousands of copper pennies. Any penny that winds up in my pocket remains mine forever. I've had this "sickness" since I was about fifteen years old.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by slumlord
Crown victoria police interceptors

Got a front clip with motor, to get rid of?

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Costco's Macadamian Nut cluster containers. I have dozens in the garage, including about 25 empty ones - the rest have nuts, bolts, screws, etc. in them. Handy

Originally Posted by Fireball2
Not generally a hoarder, but age teaches a guy to have a few extra things on hand that make more sense to have around than to wish you had around, but don't.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
There is a difference between collecting and hoarding. I collect things. Tools, guns, ammo, vehicles, camp gear, but mostly fishing reels, rods, and terminal tackle of all sorts!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I try to hoard old single malt scotch, but somehow the house gremlins disappear it.

My house is too small to hoard very many items. That said when I was working I inspected two hoarders homes. One had paper, newspapers and other paper products stored in every room to 6’. No room walkways, only the halls were somewhat open. The other house had chemical and chemical containers stacked to the ceiling with narrow walkways through the house, also the screwball had cats that did their numbers everywhere. The owner was a retired chemist. Both houses were busted by the local fire departments.

My sister in-law in Maine is a hoarder and has crap stacked up in most of the house with walkways to each room.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by las
Costco's Macadamian Nut cluster containers. I have dozens in the garage, including about 25 empty ones - the rest have nuts, bolts, screws, etc. in them. Handy

The plastic jar or the cardboard tube like oatmeal comes in?

Last edited by mrchongo; 12/11/20.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,826
Posts18,516,817
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.