Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I shot a grand total of one bucks with them. It was a 7mm hole in and out. Factory loaded winchesters. I really think I’d like the bullet at .280 or 7-08 speeds.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks, it would be a 7mm-08.

Last edited by battue; 12/23/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They've been my favorite bullets and never had a problem with them. We've killed deer and black bear with them and never had one that appeared to not work perfectly. I can't say that for a few others.

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by CBB
2F Warren County I own 57acres bordering ANF...

........... Im running 9 cameras on the land and I mean they vanished.

You sure you got it covered with only 9? laugh

Lol! Yeah sometimes a 10th is nice as well!

I have 3 over the food plots and in the orchard. The others are spread out over trails and in the mountain laurel. Getting pictures of the deer and studying them is my hobby. It's more than just hunting. We chase deer 24/7/365... whether trail cams, scouting shed hunting, glassing, you name it we do it. Thats likely why we keep a freezer well stocked each fall.

Hunt...
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Tomorrow flinter season comes in. Can't go tomorrow, but i will be out sometime

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I got out for about an hour and half late this afternoon, didn't see a deer. It was very moonlight here tonight, around 6:30 I took the binoculars out and looked over the farm fields, saw 4 deer feeding in one of them.

Dale

This space for rent

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I love how most PA hunters wanna blame the Game Commission and seasons but never look in the mirror at the person that ultimately controls whether or not tags get filled.

The days of sitting on any ole stump and having pressured deer come by are gone. We simply don't have the hunter numbers we used to. Add in more guys tagging out in archery season, there just aren't many guys out there in rifle season to move deer around.

Change tactics. Scout harder. You have a group of guys? Try some small pushes. Try still hunting or snow tracking. If something doesn't work, try something else.

I had 3 sits in PA on public ground. I killed the 4th buck I saw in mid October.

Decided I wasn't done. Went to Ohio. On public. Never been there in my entire life. 3 sits produced 6 doe sightings and 6 buck sightings. Killed the 6th buck. I spent far more time scouting than hunting. It paid off.

Rifle season i hunted a couple days and saw legal buck every time.

First day of flintlock season, I wasn't in the woods an hour and had to let a great buck walk by.

Pennsylvania hunting, specifically buck hunting, has never been better. But rifle season has changed in most areas and hunters have to learn to adapt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Pennsylvania hunting, specifically buck hunting, has never been better."

I agree.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by Teeder
"Pennsylvania hunting, specifically buck hunting, has never been better."

I agree.

It’s all relative.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I got out for about an hour just before dark today. I didn't see any deer but did see a dozen turkeys walk by about 20 yds away. Later on I heard them fly up for the evening. Kind of cool and I take it as small victory. I talked to the neighbor, he was out too but didn't see any deer tonight. He did say he was out with the spotlight the other night, saw 50+ including 5 or 6 bucks. So they're around, I just don't know where.

Dale

This space for rent

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So some can keep the faith....

A small 8 point walked thru the front yard two days ago....he had 6 or 7 Does with him and was trying to get one of them interested....

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"]PA also appears to have the highest number of whiney hunters per square mile".

Thanks for noticing. smirk

60 years of deer hunting in PA, never been any different that I can recall?.

When I was in HS, hunted now and then with one of my dad's buddies. If we didn't get any rabbits, if was always his dog's fault, or my fault. Only ever hunted deer with him once. Bitched and growled the entire way to where we were hunting. Bitched and growled even worse, the entire way home. Once was enough.

He's been gone for 45 years. Plenty around that have taken his place, when it comes to being negative..

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Hunting with the flinter this afternoon, I saw two small bucks. Also saw three does out of range and running.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Finally saw deer, the first I've seen all season. 1 doe about 300 yds away. 4 does at less than 50 yds but semi skylined and it was 5:15. I passed on the shot. But it was good to see deer, I saw 6 in rifle season and these 5 today.

Also saw 5 squirrels where I started the morning, might have to see about hunting them later, I could use a couple more in the freezer.

Dale

This space for rent

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Seeing a ton of bucks in the PA late doe season. Encouraging for next year!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My buddy from ohio was here in pa. hunting with the flinter. I made a little drive for him yesterday. Put one buck up. it wasn't a legal one. He was frustrated by the lack of deer. I think the deer are yarded up, ans when you see deer you will see a lot of them. Lots of tracks in my field this morning.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Killed 6 so far this year, one nice buck and 3 doe with a rifle, and two doe with the flintlock. Still have two tags and Monday to go. Might add one more to the list if I get time to hunt Monday evening.

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Post deleted.

Last edited by bwinters; 01/17/21.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Looks like it's tag soup on the menu here. I was out this afternoon, covered a couple of mile is the snow, didn't see one single solitary deer track or bed. A couple of squirrels, an owl and a bunch of turkey tracks was it. Last Wed night, came out of the woods about 5:15, there were 2 does in my fields (200 yds away) and 7 in the neighbor's field (half mile away). Those 9 were more than I saw all of rifle season.

It was a tough season here.

Dale

This space for rent

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Dale K
Looks like it's tag soup on the menu here. I was out this afternoon, covered a couple of mile is the snow, didn't see one single solitary deer track or bed. A couple of squirrels, an owl and a bunch of turkey tracks was it. Last Wed night, came out of the woods about 5:15, there were 2 does in my fields (200 yds away) and 7 in the neighbor's field (half mile away). Those 9 were more than I saw all of rifle season.

It was a tough season here.

Dale

Tough one here, for me. Deer won, this year.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,563 guests, and 948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,716
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.